Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A day of infamy--Dec.7,1941 8am

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where were YOU----On that fateful morning????????:mad::mad:

Attached Files:

Ric Dean likes this.
  2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I was NOT born yet ...

But ...
    My Dad asked my Mother to marry him the night before.
    Dec 7 1941 was a Sunday and they were out on a date that Saturday night. She said yes and then Dad when asked permission from her folks to marry.

They were married about 1 month later ...
    Dad joined the service and went overseas ( Europe )

He came home in late 1945 and I got here in the middle of 1948 :D

3. Muttley

Muttley

Well, lets see.................my Dad was just under two years old and Mom wouldnt be born for another 9 1/2 years. :eek: ;) My Grandfather served in the Navy during the war and had a Purple Heart due to a Kamakazie attack abord the USS Ticonderoga.

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

December 7th, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy.

I was not born, but I have been trying to make up for not being there ever since.

Doc.

5. It's sad less and less of those who were alive that day are no longer here. 71 years on it is up to each person and every new generation to pause and reflect at what this day means not just for the US but the world. Remember Pearl Harbor.

Ric Dean likes this.
  6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I was just 4 months old.

Pearl Harbor_2.jpg

7. Did our part in honoring Pearl Harbor (and all Vets) last night in our local Christmas parade. It went very well. We were grouped with the local Civil Air Patrol and local WWII Vets.

[​IMG]

Ric Dean likes this.
  8. I wasn't..............yet.

9. My dad didn't know my mother for 3 more yrs. Then I showed up at the end of 48

Lee

10. How true, my neighbor of 40 years passed away on Thanksgiving Day and he was a survivor of Pearl Harbor.

My dad left the University of South Carolina to join the Army Air Corps within days of the attack on Pearl Harbor,,,I wasn't even thought of at that time. HRP

[​IMG]

Ric Dean likes this.
  11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

12. manyolcars

manyolcars

Since I was banned on this site for saying "Remember Pearl Harbor' I suppose this thread will get locked. I never did understand that

13. Always Remember! and this P-40B was there!
    [​IMG]

14. spiders web

spiders web

There certainly was alot more pride and conviction in those days! I wasn't a gleam in anyones eye yet, but I'd a been there given the chance!

15. I was exactly a month old...Mom and Dad were on their first outing with me ..They were visiting a local museum... I remember when Dad would tell of hearing it ,he would have cold chills ,even years later...

16. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

I always kidded my Mother, that the shock waves from that Sunday morning were what shook me out the womb. Born--1:05 AM, Dec. 08 1941

17. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

My grandfather was a Pearl Harbor Survivor. Spent the rest of his life remembering, educating and making sure that we never forget.
    If I could ever be half the man he was.....

Joseph Nemish
    25th ID FA
    Schofield Barracks

[​IMG]

18. outlaw256

outlaw256

i wasnt born until 55 but i rememebr my uncles talkin about ww2 and how bad it was.they really hated japanese people till the day thet died.they werent a forgiving bunch of men. not after what they had lived thru. but i did have one uncle who pulled me aside one day and told me not to let their hate fill my eyes. never forgot that.he was tellin me not to hate people just because he did.thought that was about the coolest thing anyone ever told me...

19. as a lad of only 8,,I guess kids dont comprehend .I do remember the teacher at school telling us at school the next day the details

20. spiders web

spiders web

Glenn Millers "In the mood" came out that year. Wonderfull music! Go to google and give a listen. Sweeeetttt!

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I wasn't born yet but I'll be at the shipyard today and plan to watch the commemoration. Most of the guys who come over from our mainland shipyards haven't seen this yet so I want to show them. Its important to a lot of people, particularly to Navy veterans like myself and my father in law, who is a WWII Navy veteran.

22. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

My dad said that Pearl Harbor was what prompted him to head off to war. He was a simple banker, and went down to the recruiting office next day. I was conceived on leave and born while he was winging over Germany. I too am appreciative of 'the greatest generation'. And I lament the loss of these men and women every day as we lose them through the attrition of age. Someday soon, the last WWII veteran will pass on and I hope we all will pause in appreciation.

23. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for all the replies. I was 2 yrs and 5 weeks old.

24. tjmercury

tjmercury

We were eating at a little cafe just the other day and sat next to an elderly gentleman with a WWII vet hat on. Got to talking to him and found out that he is 90 years old and had just arrived in Hawaii on Dec 6. He told us about the absolute chaos in the cities and how he hadn't even been issued his new uniforms yet, but made his way to the docks to help out. It really hits home what they went through when you see the tears welling up in his eyes to this day while he was talking about it.

25. amen!

26. when were you banned?

27. robertsregal

robertsregal

I nor my wife were born yet but her father Gus was a navy fighter pilot in WWII and is still with us,but at the age of 92 and the scars of a plane crash in that time his time is short. I look at Gus with Great admiration for what he did then and still does.

28. I hadn't been born yet. My mom & dad had gotten married the year before, my older brother was 8 mos old. My dad and his brothers tried to inlist, only two were accepted. My dad wore glasses and uncle Bill had a stiff leg (he was standing on the running board when the car hit a tree in the middle of a frozen lake) and they were classified 4F. Mom & dad then moved to Southern California and dad spent the war years working as diesel mechanic in the Navy shipyards.

29. My parents wernt even thought of yet... I think about all of the guys in the army in WW2 almost daily though.

Were lucky to have some fighters and bombers still flying here and every Remembrance day they do a fly by, last year they were so low flying over my old work it just made me think of what it would be like back then in the war, and I gotta say it made me tear up... All the guys that sacrificed everything, and never came home...

It would be terrible Having a crew of guys like I do at work, and going into battle and everyone of them gets killed. All the guys youve hung out with and b/s'ed with, all dead... :(

30. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

My grandfather and great uncle shipped out soon after. My grandfather flew P-38s for the 8th AF and my great uncle flew P-40s with the Flying Tigers. I'm very proud.