Register now to get rid of these ads!

Walking and watching the patina grow....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Dodger, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

All I can say is WOW!!! I've never seen so much OLD classic stuff...

Remarkable...

2. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

wow... nice to know this stuff is still out there....

3. spiders web

spiders web

Pilgrimage to Oregon??? ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Freaking amazing... Id have to take a week to go through all of it... thanks for the pics... Now I want to go crusing through the one 5 hrs from here...

5. 117harv

117harv

I was never mentioned that the stuff was not for sale?

YEP, and thanks for saying so:)

Yes it is.

Again, read the the whole thread.

About 85% of all this stuff...IS FOR SALE...and at very fair prices. If any HAMBers are heading this way or want to come just to see and shop let me know. His yard is in the Rouge Valley, about 20 miles from me and i'm in Medford....more pics to come:)

6. If not for guys like this, most of this stuff would be long gone. Some of you just don't get it. Guys like this should be treated like the heroes they are.

Great pictures Thanks!

Texas57, wojojo and Cosmo49 like this.
  7. 117harv

117harv

HPIM8863 (Small).JPG HPIM8864 (Small).JPG HPIM8865 (Small).JPG HPIM8866 (Small).JPG More...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  8. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I agree .This awesome stuff would be gone with the wind years ago.I do wish my girlfriend understood that someday I will be a hero to the next generation :DWhen they come across all the stuff I have started "hoarding".

9. Fleetliner

Fleetliner
    from Oregon

Sherm is a heck of a great guy. I've only been out there a few times and to this day, years later, he still stops to chat a swap meets. I would love to follow him around his shop for a year to try and absorb some of his vast knowledge of metal. I have to get back out there for another look.

10. Heo2

Heo2

Yes its a real shame much better for the hobby if
    they gone to the cruscher so we all could have bought
    it back as chinese repro junk much better

11. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

^^^^I sometimes read the first post and just look at the pics too....

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never believed in god and religeon............until now, that has to be heaven, right??:eek:

Wow.....just...WOW!!

Doc.

13. he could be a hero to so many! and actually get a lot of that on the road....whew, hes got lots of cool stuff indeed! maybe go and offer to help him work on some of them when yall get time and he might get sparked again with your help :) Just think of the cool stuff you could build from his piles. Even if you helped him get one running again, he would smile so big his face would hurt and that would be one done.

14. Motoswiz

Motoswiz

the double cab is worth gold to the dubbers in Florida...if it has the gates to it, even more.
    I had a friend in Utah, r.i.p., he was one of the towns oldest residents who had a yard like this...the town built up around his yard. Later, the "city fathers" told him he had to clear it all out as it was an eyesore to the community. He applied to the county for a license and turned it into a "museum", charged admission and they had to leave him alone...hahaha. Loved that

clem and Turnipseed like this.
  15. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I bet 99% of the people on here hoard as much as they possibly can. I think hoarding is part of the reason most of this old crap is overpriced.

There is a local guy that dreamt he died and his wife was selling all of his stuff way too cheap.
    He tried calling her on his cell phone and the batteries were dead.

That's part of the reason most of this old crap is overpriced.

Movinman likes this.
  16. 117harv

117harv

^^^ It's NOT hoarded, it's SAVED, and as stated earlier 90% is for sale at reasonable prices.

Texas57 likes this.
  17. Boy would I like to walk around that place....It's like heaven/

18. I'm with 117harv....if any of you want to come to the area and see Sherm's stuff, with some notice, we can call and make some plans.

19. Ramblur

Ramblur

How cool! Post #48 pic #5, 30 Essex hood,boy I could really use a center hinge. Can't really see if its even there tho. Thanks for sharing.

20. So you've been to Sherman's place too? Pack a lunch. I don't think you could ever see it all. Is he still sawing rocks?

21. 117harv

117harv

Lots of this stuff is for sale, if anyone is heading into the area they can/should check it out.

22. It's getting warm enough to walk the property now...

23. 117harv

117harv

24. 117harv

117harv

Hey guys, I have seen several threads on here about yards with vintage iron being crushed and folks saying how sad it is and what a waste, yet in two years since this thread was started no one has asked to come see this guys stuff? This yard is about 15 miles from I-5 in souther Oregon, if anyone is heading up or down the west coast, and needs any vintage sheet metal/parts, drop me a line. The vast majority of the stuff in these pics is for sale at VERY reasonable prices. He is a real nice guy and you can walk around and look all you want, if you can't find something that interests you then you must not be into vintage iron.

I went up to his yard today to help move some stuff, his stash of 33-34 coupe and sedan sheet metal donor pieces to make way for some property clearing. While there I took some more pics, guys so much of this stuff is for sale, look close, you may see something you need....pics coming:)

25. 117harv

117harv

26. I'll go anytime you want company. I LOVE that place. I am in Phoenix (the OTHER Phoenix) south of Medford.

27. 117harv

117harv

28. There was a time when those fenders, doors and hoods were so thick, you could barely wind your way through them!

29. 117harv

117harv

ricks 56 f100 103 (Small).jpg ricks 56 f100 104 (Small).jpg ricks 56 f100 105 (Small).jpg ricks 56 f100 106 (Small).jpg ricks 56 f100 108 (Small).jpg ricks 56 f100 109 (Small).jpg Early Caddy...for sale

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Caddy is tempting even with the rust. That's about 7 hrs of serious driving from my place.