Register now to get rid of these ads!

scallop design poll

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Landwehr, Apr 25, 2006.

?

which style???

Poll closed Apr 28, 2006.
  1. none

25 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. shorty3 point

20 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. shorty 2 point

16 vote(s)
    13.1%
  4. long 2 point longer on top

16 vote(s)
    13.1%
  5. long 3 point

35 vote(s)
    28.7%
  6. long 2 point longer on bottom

10 vote(s)
    8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I agree completely , I am staying w a single spear at the HL though maybe longer, I am now thinking maybe a different color w the scallops , I have gold, white,red + clear here and some pearl powder, a pint of paint is cheap so other color idea's that would get it away from the Hotrod red scallops anyway.I am open to just about anything to breakup the slab sides that can be done cheap at home except murals they belong on vans, not hot rods IMO

2. anybody else not voted ? we have her blocked out now and after some minor filling we will put on the black semigloss ,(I know, I WANT color, but its not in the mix right now)

3. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

Exactly.

4. the longer 3 point has it , BUT I go along w the idea that they do not come out right when they curve over the fender edge onto the door ,now I am playing w colors (which I do VERY poorly I know ) and different lengths , if someone can do this better, please do in various color/styled scallops. I can do this kind of thing very cheap in reg automotive paint,

Attached Files:

5. T-Bird Huntress

T-Bird Huntress
    from Hilo, HI

Anybody know scallop king Larry Watson?! If so, tell him I'm looking to talk to him about the car depicted here. My e-mail is [email protected]. Aloha

Attached Files:

6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

7. Chrispy137

Chrispy137

I see scallops as a way to lengthen the appearance of your car and in as most diffenerent a way as possible...custom paint is about being different not blending into the crowd even if your car looks different
    My 87 thunderbird is getting custom scallops on the sides.... you just cant go wrong with Scallops with those huge old school metal flakes with candy green

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. The_Stig

The_Stig

So do I. Nevertheless, I won't vote until you chop it through the middle and lopp off that hood hump. Now, run over to the paint shop and get your car out, before they start:D

[​IMG]

9. 5/12/2006? i would hope it was done by now.

10. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

Pic. nr 3 with the 2 short points.
    Personally i think it has more a custom look than the one with 3 points...

11. edweird

edweird

i like them like this. very simple. less is more. fine point ends. not blunt.

Attached Files:

12. I like 3 point with a stubby in the middle I also think they should be long on bottom and shorter on top.
    [​IMG]

13. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Holy 6 year old thread!

Wish I had my 48 coupe back....:D