Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Old Crew Cabs: Identify This Part!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Abomination

Abomination

Lots of folks have made their own crew cabs, but recently, I found a few ads over on FTE for some '48 - '52 Ford ones actually made back in the day by coachbuilders!

bobj49f2 says the wedge-shaped side glass on the Benhoff and Pittsburgh cabs is straight off of a '48 Ford coupe! But what about the other glass/conversion parts? Are those from a sedan?

~Jason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

cool pictures-but-i'm no help,,sorry

3. Crap! that is cool. I want one.

4. It's all flat glass, so just take a pattern to your glass guy and you will not need to worry about the orig application.

Cool pictures and neat to know some of the specialized cabs that were available.

5. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

The guy I knew who had a Benhoff cab truck told me the back of the cab was from a Mack truck.

[​IMG]

6. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I know where one of the six passenger truck is if anyone is interested. I believe I have a picture of it. It was a railroad truck originally I believe. TP

7. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

8. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I would like to see the pictures.

9. Abomination

Abomination

When my shop is done, I'll start my '50 Ford 3/4 Ton. I was thinking of doing it up like the guy in this thread did:
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97530-making-a-crew-cab-1948-thru-1952-a.html

[​IMG]

But the more I look at the bottom one here, the more I'm thinking David Adkins was right - I should do it like that. I have enough cabs to make it happen, plus I think the increased visibility could only be beneficial, especially when towing.

[​IMG]

10. willys_truck

willys_truck

i know where a sleeper cab is, but it is a international, about a 52 model. The sleeper part looks like the master-bilt, with a wedge side glass.

11. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

That is one big Truck.. :D

12. k-member

k-member

Cool looking trucks that you just don't see regularly. You do see those damn saggy door handles almost always though.

13. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

14. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Some of those kinda remind me of this old High Binder I found. I had an idea to use the cab on a pickup but it hasn't materialized yet.

[​IMG]