Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Shift Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky23, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I think if you happened to be on the forum, when Ryan announced the sale, was the only way you knew. The price is stated in the store- $75.00.

2. Buzznut

Buzznut

Yeah, I don't get that, although I'm glad he did. I was on that night and I never saw the thread...I've been hearing that only Alliance Members could see and/or click on it. I don't know if this is true or not...

3. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Ok, so who is going to embed a tag topper in acrylic , or make a wooden knod with a topper recessed into it, or use the pewter casting thread to make thier own......ummm.....Time to go the garage and get creative.

4. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am an Alliance Member (have been for a few years) and while I don't post much, I am on here quite a bit trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can. I don't log in every day because I simply don't have time for that. And many times I access the HAMB from a foreign computer and do not actually log in, just browse. I did not see notice, Alliance member or not, regarding the knobs. I must have missed the bulletin, because I have been hunting one of the new knobs since I first saw that it might be a possibily in this thread. Alas, I missed out.

While I would give more than is really reasonable to obtain a HAMB knob, I respect that this is up to Ryan and he can do whatever he so desires. I am sure he has his reasons for the decisions he makes, regardless of whether you or I agree with them.

Bottom line is this, I still would like to get the chance at a HAMB knob. Ryan, please consider our pleas, much the same as you considered the plea of the op.

5. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

I'm an alliance member, I saw the thread all be it to late to get one (like many others). I also would have liked one for the zephyr and had checked the store eveyday and everytime I logged in to see if they were for sale.
    Am I sore about it ,,,,,,,,,,,nope . I thank Ryan for giving the alliance members a heads up no matter how many were made, after all it's the alliance members that have put something in so should get the chance to get some return.

I'm going to have a go at casting my own shiftknob, which if it all works out ok will end up being uniqueand to my own design.

I can't believe that some of you guys are crying about this, it's only a shiftknob at the end of the day. It's not like he gave away a traditional rod or something. Get over it guys and move on, life's to short.

Paul.

6. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

You guys realize that Saxman makes and sells some extremely beautiful shift knobs, that are very available, right?

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I am an alliance meber and I didnt get any special notice, and I don't care! Let the guys who got them enjoy them and move on. Support the talented man who made them if you want a unique shift know so bad. All this crying and moaning isn't helping anyone.

8. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Thanks HRP, didn't realise that saxman made these to order or had a website. I will be giving him a shout. They are some real cool shift knobs and some damn fine work he does.

Paul.

9. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do realized that Saxman made these and have been all over his site oogling the goodies. However, I really wanted a HAMB knob, as I have never quite managed to be in time to land a single HAMB hard part.
    I guess it might be hard to explain, but this place is way more than just a hot rod website to me. Being able to get online and delve into the world of the HAMB provided me an escape which carried me through some very dark times in my life. If you still don't understand why a knob with four little letters can mean so much more than one I made myself, I guess I'm spitting in the wind.

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

Paul, the knobs released here won't be an item Saxman will produce.

11. Thanks very much, Gents.

12. c6_rob

c6_rob

Darn, missed it. If anyone wants to work out a deal for a untouched tag topper let me know.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. n847

n847

Sorry to bring this back to the top, but I don't want to dig back through all these pages...
    Does anyone have pics of this "new knob"?

14. Muttley

Muttley

[​IMG]

15. n847

n847

Well now I'm tearing up a little bit again! That thing was bad ass! Good for those of you who got one! Nice work Saxman!

16. lucky23

lucky23
    from So Cal

Just got in my HAMB shift knob! Great choice on the design Ryan and great freaking job on the Quality of the work Saxman! So stoked to have one!
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1354835261.173382.jpg

17. 3030

How is it a newbie gets one before a alliance member. I cant be on this computer all the time!

18. Yes, Lucky23 is a newbie but if it wasn't for him there probably wouldn't ne a new HAMB knob. He lit the fire under us (and kept it lit).

19. 5window

5window

Pretty clearly, with so few knobs and worldwide HAMB membership, there just wasn't going to be a fair or equitable distribution. That's the way it is.

FWIW, you may be an Alliance member, but with 61 posts, you're a newbie, too.

20. lucky23

lucky23
    from So Cal

Thanks Saxman and 5window for sticking up for me. I might be a newbie cause I don't post a lot or my join date , but I've been lurking the HAMB for 5+ years. Like Saxman said if I didn't start this thread and kept it lit, there may have never been this new shift knob that some of us got.

21. Well...thank you lucky23...thank you Ryan...and thank you Saxman! Just got my shift knob today, and it is an awesome looking piece. I guess that only leaves 28 more unaccounted for!

22. lucky23

lucky23
    from So Cal

37hotrod, no problem. Glad you got one.

23. Wonder how long it will take to get to nz

24. I wonder if all 30 owners will stand and be counted.

25. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

I was lucky enough to be online at the right time, I hope it arrives soon in Austria.

Thank you ryan, thank you saxman, thank you lucky23!

26. river1

river1

Got mine today, along with a calendar and some stickers.

Later jim

27. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Man this is like salt in the wound! I kinda would like to see who all got one though.

28. kirby1374

kirby1374

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas... Here's the story...

I posted the knobs on a sunday evening for alliance members only. The plan was to give alliance members a full 24 hours of purchase time before I allowed anyone else at them. However, I woke up on Monday to news you never want to wake up to and had to immediately get on the road for West Texas. In doing so, I completely forgot to give the alliance notification deal I typically do.

It's my fault. Buck stops here.

I'll do more knobs eventually.