Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID. a Deck Lid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopd48pan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hey Guys, a buddy laid this deck lid on me for my stalled Model A project.
    Well Model A, it isn't. I'd like to return the favor by figuring out what it does fit. It measures 41 1/2" x 27 1/2" and roughly 28 1/2" along the radius. Thanks in advance. Howard

2012 12 06 001.jpg

2012 12 06 002.jpg

2012 12 06 003.jpg

2012 12 06 006.jpg

2012 12 06 010.jpg

2. Really..... Nobody ? Huh oh.

3. It may take a while. I had a later Mopar deck lid and it had round holes inside like that, but that might not mean a damn thing.

4. rpivinton

rpivinton

It's for a '33-34 Chevy Coupe. Appears to be in good shape, too.
    Bud

5. Thanks for the replies.

"It's for a '33-34 Chevy Coupe. Appears to be in good shape, too. Bud"

Yeah, it's real nice, with one low spot and some rust thru on the inner structure. As soon as he handed it to me I knew it was to wide for my coupe, but in that shape I had to test fit it..... about 5" wider. Thanks again Bud.
    Howard

6. MRTS33

MRTS33

Agree!!

Looks like my 33 Pontiac. I will measure tonight and report later.

7. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

It looks like a pontiac, not ford or chevy.

8. So MRTS33, is the hinge mounting area like your Pontiac? Or is that Chevy? As far as I know there was no association between the two at that time.... right? So no interchange from one to the other. Mitsubishi wasn't making both like now.:rolleyes:

Also are trunk and rumble lid the same or different?

9. Actually, even that early they could be the same body shell from the cowl back.

Rumble lid has the handle on top, side hinges and mounts for the upper seat in it.

10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looked it up in the 16th edition of Hollander's Interchange, but their listings only went back to 1935. Maybe someone might have a slightly older edition and can check out the interchange between Chevy & Pontiac deck lids for you.

11. Thanks Tagman. I wouldn't have thought so, but, Rustynewyorker may very well be correct .

Howard

12. Rustynewyorker, yeah I know about the handle location difference. I was thinking that the hinge area was rather substantial for a trunk lid. Leading me to think rumble lid. But hey I'm not that savvy about the Model that I own yet alone other brands.
    Howard

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Looks like a 33-34 Chevy coupe. If so, it should be for a Master series. If I remember right, the 33-34 Standard Series decklids were still wood framed???

14. MRTS33

MRTS33

My original lid was shot. The mounting holes look right though. The one I have now is from a Chevy. And fits perfectly. So they do interchange. MAY fit Olds & Buick too.