Register now to get rid of these ads!

Box Art!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 4, 2012.

1. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Toy Boxes were cool too.

<a href="http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k490/hotrodcomic/car%20stories/?action=view&amp;current=boxart_edited-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. I am the moderator for the Carmodelers group on Yahoo. For our home page, a few years ago I photoshopped some box art...

[​IMG]

3. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

I remember that you had to wind the copper wire for the motors in some of those motorized kits.

4. I was inspired by the Zingers box art for the A100 PU, and the latest flyers for Billetproof and Billetproof Drags Florida were all box art inspired, right down to to way dust gets into the texture of cardboard and the way the ink wears off the edges and corners. the 3 color falcon box art flyer is purposely mis-registered.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks fellas!

Those are cool Mike!

Tony, I have my shirts too. They are looking pretty tattered these days. That was like 10 years ago already!

I may do another box design for the Kosmic Outcast that we are building at the shop currently.

6. RodP

RodP

I always liked this one.

Attached Files:

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I like these...

Attached Files:

8. Ruben Duran!
    That has got to be one of the best avitars on the HAMB!!

9. J2X

J2X

Here are a couple that ain't not been seen here previous - Both are models of the Allard J2X Roadster - The first is a Premier plastic kit with glue on "chrome paper" details - The second is a Berkeley kit with u-carve balsa block for the body and cast metal fenders, headlighrs, etc with prongs to stick into the wood body - There were only 85 J2X Allards made so it is truly remarkable that 2 models were made in it's image - J2X

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  10. DrJ

DrJ

When I started building customized model car when I was 11 years old ('59 Bonneville ragtop was first) I usually used the box as a "spray rack" to hold up the bent wire coat hanger I used to hold the body while spraying. At that age I thought the "art work was goofy because it rarely reflected a fair proportion to the actual model in the box. Now I wish I'd saved some of them.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  11. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Trust me, DrJ, you weren't the only one doing that. I've picked up several vintage kits over the years whose box tops were used as paint racks. I currently have ruined box covers for both an original issue MPC 1970 Coronet Super Bee and an original issue AMT 1965 Pontiac GTO. I found replacements for both, but it took a while!

12. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Here are a few old kits I had.

Attached Files:

13. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

RAF, you wouldn't happen to still have that '55 Nomad kit, would you? I know a guy that is looking for it for his collection!

14. skyspop

skyspop

heres a few oldies I have at the tattoo shop.

Attached Files:

15. Deuces

Deuces

That Nomad Gasser looks cool.... :cool:

16. Is there a way we can recover the missing photo's on the earlier pages?