Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moonyeyes Xmas sell out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Can they make a safe general parking area for old cars overflow?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Glad you brought this up! I'm curious how this will work too. Since I'm considering making a 700 mile drive with a group of hot rods just to get to the show, are we out of luck? Where do they have you park if you missed pre reg? Do I just look for Chili Phil's car and park by it? lol... Seriously though....

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Oh Chili say it isn't so. If I had to take a guess, it's into general parking you will be sent.

4. Not sure I will do that. I see that there are lots of folks in the same situation. IMO, Mooneyes should plan accordingly and make some secure area. I'd pay a little for that. It's no big deal for me to go home to Lakewood, but there are guys coming long distances from all directions. When I called, Mooneyes, they just seemed to not be worried about it. I'm still headed up there early and trying, but I have to play it by ear 'til then.

5. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Any chance the "general" parking will be mostly hot rods anyway? Man, I only WISH car shows in Utah were good enough to have this problem. Then I wouldn't have to drive my butt to Cali 3 times a year for "real" car shows.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Let's hope it will happen that way Chilli

7. 60'coupe

60'coupe

I need to pay attention to this thread, thanks Chili !

8. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

What time does the parking open for "modern" cars?

9. ramrod2624

ramrod2624

So am I to understand that only per registered cars are going in? If so I will come in the daily driver.

10. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I didn't register, no pay at the door?

11. JohnnyCASHcadillac

JohnnyCASHcadillac
    from SO CAL-

Any updates?? No pay at the door???

12. inquiring minds want to know......

13. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Me too!
    TP

14. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

I am looking to get some pinstriping done, anyone going to be there pinstriping?

15. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I talked to Tom Kelly the other day , and he said that he would be there . He's been striping for 50 years , all the others should take a lesson .

16. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Why doesnt someone just call the store and try and get an answer

17. What's the sell out price on an xmas?

18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Best idea yet. They do answer the phone when you call.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  19. If you call, they will say there are very few tickets left. They seem to just be ready to turn a lot of people away. Why would you think that nobody had called? Maybe they will see how many folks did not pre reg and make some accommodation. I hope so. Other wise there will be some sad people.

20. 1961SPECIAL

1961SPECIAL

Not that my car is show worthy but i would feel lot safer if i was able to pay a higher parking fee for peace of mind. I dont live to far but i would hate to make the journey at 6am to park in general parking.

21. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

This event has a huge turnout, and I'm driving 150 miles to attend, so I thought it would be best to preregister. My 39 I'm driving is really an old jalopy and no where near show worthy, but $20. is pretty cheap for the convenience of parking inside. Their website does state registration at the gate for $30. but there is only so much real estate........ Sorry that cars might get turned away, but what else are they supposed to do if there is no place to put them?

Jim

22. When they say it's SOLD OUT,they mean the pre-registration. More people pay at the gate then pre-register. I've never seen this this show sell out...EVER!

23. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

24. I tried to pay last year at 9am when I got there... ended up getting in free with my car. Just don't leave once you are in, made that mistake to go get some food and was denied entry when I came back. I got back in thanks to a good buddy who was a vendor. Mooneyes gets bigger every year.

25. mooneyes was a joke irwindale staff would not even let in pre registered cars in and one one from mooneyes was at the gate to refund money or apologize I will boycott it from now on after years of supporting mooneyes

26. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I didn't register so I got there early. paid at the gate and got my sticker. Once inside waiting to park this guy with a "crew" jacket on, telling us where to park asked me for another $30 bucks. I told him I already paid and showed him my window sticker. He told me I needed to pay HIM.
    I didn't.

27. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Maybe they could figure out another show for the pre-registered that didn't get in, like they did when the show was rained out a couple of years ago. I hope, I hope, I hope,,,,,,,,,

28. I received a phone call the following Monday from chico himself he apologized and stated he will work on a solution I received a refund check on Wednesday thank you chico

29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Posted on the MOONEYES FB Page..............
    To whom it may concern,
    On Saturday Dec. 8th 2012 my brother & his girlfriend attended this event of the car show at the Irwindale speedway. They took my DAUGTHERS' dog with them and unfortunately they lost her there. They were in the D2 section and my brother owns a 52 chevy bel air convertable, if that helps? She's a small brown teacup Chihuahua. She's darkish brown with a white FUR collar, white in the neck area. She didn't have a tag.My kids are devistated. My 6yr old cries herself to sleep wondering if she is cold or fed. We miss her so much! PLEASE anyone with any information that can help us bring Chiquita back home, would greatlly be appreiciated. pls! there is a $500.00 REWARD for the safe return home of our precious Chiquita. Anyone with info on her whereabouts pls call me Nancy Vargas at 323) 519-0927 or Fernie at 818) 268-7774 thank you for your attention

[​IMG]