Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Street altereds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Jan 31, 2010.

1. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Still very nice,

Even for a Ford..............

JUST KIDDING ,JUST KIDDING ,
    Everybody just cool down ,I was trying to be funny......

I love the car and the looks of the car.......
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been seen before. Groucho's old '51 Ford.
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

2. laststingray

laststingray

130 inch wheel base,Not quite finished yet and thinking of selling her? 29/ blown 392 hemi from the day. Should be fun to run. I still wish I had this engine in a Front engine dragster.

Attached Files:

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

There MUST be more out there ......... somewhere!

4. nysdeucerider

nysdeucerider
    from NYS

That is a pretty rare Fiat! Can't wait to see the finished product! :D It would make a good traveling companion for it's BIG cousin - the Anglia! (never figured we'd be referring to the Anglia as 'big'! *LOL*)

5. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here are a few to look at. One has a Ardun flathead in it for street use.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

6. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    I put a roof on and cut doors in to a Rod 'n Race one piece drag body. Tube frame 377 sbc, 700r4, 9". NHRA legal. Got it running late this summer.

It's not very roomy. But it's fast.

7. LTM75110

LTM75110

Not mine, But how about this one from the 70`s taken at the NSRA Nationals .He also had a nice 49 Merc.
    [​IMG]

8. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

It's funny you should say that. My Dad still has his Anglia. Went for many white knuckled rides in that car as a kid and adult. The Anglia has a 90" wheelbase while my Fiat has a 80" wheelbase.:D

9. I drove this on the street for about 2 summers. I put about 3,500 miles on it during that time...

Attached Files:

10. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

You have to make that a reality! I did a similar sketch of my caddy but went down rather than up.......

That thing makes no sense, it's perfect.

11. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I am currently building a street altered Fiat Topolino for my brother. It has progressed to the Roller stage at this point.

Attached Files:

12. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

^^^^^^
    Looks Great!! Really like the stance.:)

13. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I read an article written by the owner of the car (Bill Wendt?) about 35 or so years ago. He explained that the blower was hollow with a Q-jet or something similar in it, but that from the outside it looked like the real deal and it even fooled guys who raced blown Hemi's back at the time.

Thats my trainspotter contribution for the day.

That car has been an inspiration for me since I got a Petersen Publishing Street Rod Nats pictorial book with some pikkys of it

14. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

The Bad News Topo is to me, a fine example of a street altered.

It even inspired me to jump at the chance to buy another steel & Italian rust Topolino (the rusty red one I got last week). Maybe one day, it will look similar to the Bad News Topo.

Attached Files:

15. 1arock

1arock

011.jpg

010.jpg
    Here is my attempt at a street altered
    1938 IHC

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  16. Larry T

Larry T

It's been so long since I've done anything to this one, I didn't even think about it in this thread until now. Had to go blow the dust off of it to see if it was still there.
    Might be time to send it down the road.

Attached Files:

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I drive my afx/dart all the time it has a 440-4spd and open headers. I put 35 thousand miles on this car in the last three years since i built it. Currently its in process of getting painted hopefully it will be done for hamb drags 2013

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

18. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

I'm nearing completion of making a drag car street legal.

Adding: Headwinds headlights with internal turn signals, Car Chemistry baffles for the zoomies, 37 Ford LED tail lights; bigger alternator, different coil, Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires, one Mighty Wiper, license plate with lights, and horn.

All sorts of pictures in my gallery.

As a drag car:
    [​IMG]

Headwind Headlights:
    [​IMG]

Dan Olson zoomies with Car Chemistry baffles:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Low alternator:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

37 Ford LED Tail Lights:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qoLPGIbLAo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qoLPGIbLAo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The car is in the below video in the begining until :24 seconds then fast foward to 1:20 to see the car again.
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aZBjNTBgfFo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  19. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Hoe effective are those Car Chemistry baffles? Our attempt to baffle down some zoomies wasnt particularly successful, so any help would be appreciated

20. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

http://www.carchemistry.com/

I haven't started the car with the baffles yet (Car Chemistry calls the ones I had installed a muffler). They will meet my state's requirement to have a baffled exhaust. I don't think they will quite it down as much as needed. We'll see next week.

This is what CC is calling a baffle. They have some fiberglass packing.
    [​IMG]

Here is the muffler insert I used. They are not perfectly square. You can see that from the picture. Their web site states your tubes might not be straight and it might take some modifications to install the muffler. It's not the tube - it's the muffler. They went in alright. Had they been built square they would have been more easily removed and installed often. Mine were installed upside down to allow the bolt to be closer to the top.
    [​IMG]

The muffler inserts comes with two "caps" . One pre-drill with a hole and the other not drilled so you can make the hole the size you want. These caps can be welded on. I decided not to use them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  21. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Friend of mine was building a T roadster that was center steer for the street, heres my attempt that would've classified as a C/A.....

Attached Files:

22. 1gearhead

1gearhead

This is a Fiat Topolino with 454 BBC that I am building for my brother.

Attached Files:

23. Daved

Daved

I get my 495ci 66 Dart out and about as much as i can BTW I'm in Brisbane Australia:D

Attached Files:

24. Scumdog

Scumdog

Looks like that pic was taken in the UK - licence plates, right-hand drive Barracuda, Union Jack paint job etc...

25. edfueler

edfueler

Hey Daved, I love the Dart. It must've been hell getting that through Rego. At least Qld is a little more understanding of such vehicles than NSW.

26. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

i have seen it on the hiway and it was fun to see and hear it---nice ride

27. indygasser

indygasser

building one also,,,,,

28. scottmech

scottmech
    from GA

37 Fiat
    Seats 2
    Blown small block
    Has been driven an hr to the track, raced, then driven back home (lotta Advil after that one...)
    Has also done several 100 mi+ days (more Advil here...)
    Even been on a road course........seriously......
    Drive the snot out of it.........

Spindle mounts on the way.
    Building fabbed 9 inch too........

Owner built full chassis, tin work, engine, narrowed rear, grill, headers......blah, blah, blah.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  29. bobw

bobw

Scottmech, I've seen other pics of your Fiat and like it a lot. Wish I would have seen it sooner as I would have copied your extended cowl and firewall for more leg room.

My Fiat is in post #84 and to respond to Scumdog's observation, the pic was taken in Hugo, Minnesota, not the UK.

30. scottmech

scottmech
    from GA

Thanks.
    Yep....the extended cowl was the reason I went with the Outlaw body.
    I wanted the car to sit low, have 33 inch tires on it with a narrowed rear. The tire location/narrowed rear decided where the back of the seats could be (as I sit in front of the tire...not between them)...that in turn decided the leg room.