Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 34 ford 5w coupe runner worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadsterRod1930, Dec 3, 2012.

1. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

A couple grand for door skins. Another grand or so for some more panels. Say you end up with $20-23 in it running and driving with new metal...including a new floor.. It's still a good buy. Just gonna take time

2. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

After looking closer I'm not gonna buy it I'll just stick with my model a for now.my body is mint compaired to that one especially after metal finishing all the patches on the lowet 6 inches....good luck to the guy who is selling it..kinda a hoop-d

3. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

But it's def not unfixable

4. 15K + 5 or 5K more you can get this one and take the whole family for a ride.

On the original question I am a tight ass but if I had 15K that was not designated for something else I may be temped to offer take it over there show him 12 and if that didn't fly pull the other 3 out.

it seems like a lot to me but I don't own a model 40 because they always seem like a lot to me.

Looking at the pics raises some questions, if the close up with the tire inside a before and the big ppic of the car with the sun roof an after, as in has it been worked since the rumpled door picture?

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I think 15k is a bit steep, especially if you're going to tear it down to a bare frame and body and start over. Even if you do all your own work, 15k is a lot for a starting point/project. Title is a plus though.

If that's your plan, you'd be better off with something like this 5k starting point + 10k into parts/work.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746062

6. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

you might want to look this body over real good,it looks to have the whole rear body molded,trunk lid filled, gas tank cover welded and molded?needs all new floors,rockers, patches,doors are shit,cowl vent filled, dont want to be a downer but unless your a real good body man I would kick this project to the crub,theirs better deals out thier,

7. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Check post #32 OP has in fact kicked it to the curb.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

gotta love the HAMB... everybody telling the guy to get it witout even seeing the pics.

if ever there was a car that needed to be personally inspected by someone who knows what they're looking at this is it. that body looks pretty messed up. it wouldn't be the damage I'd be worried about, but the "repairs" other people did.

9. Glad to see you passed on it. Before I got my 34 five window, I really, really wanted one. It was at the very top of my "bucket list". I eventually found a roached out body [only] for 1500 bucks. Ended up only using the top and filled it because the center was torched out.
    If I saw that car iin the photos I'd probably offer him $2500-3000 and I wouldn't feel good about it.
    That car has many, many sins covered [badly] with primer. Good decision.

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

This is my 34 when I bought about 4 years ago.. paid more than 15 but less than 20..So to me, 15 for the one in question is a bit much.. $0.02
    [​IMG]

11. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

WTF if its a piece a shit body I just soon to build a glass car,no shit,at least when you sunk the cash in it will still be a decent car not a bondo patched up rust buckett.Man you can buy a hell of a nice car for 15 grand.Thats allotta cash

12. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Hell if ya want a glass car; they are all over the place in that price range. I personally have no problem with a glass car and it is done, finished, complete!

13. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

14. bald nailhead

bald nailhead
    from newark de

Hey Dave How about sending the 35 Ford inner fender panels I paid you for a month ago. You cashed my check and it cleared my bank on 11/5. Before you buy this 34 with my money how about sending my parts!!! Chris

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

this thread needed some comedy relief...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. BuilderRhys

BuilderRhys

I say,well played, well played sir.