Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes Xmas party 2012....whos going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TaylorCrawford, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

BOOOOOOOO Bad Luck
    Who needs glass it's Caliornia! HAHA
    I'll be there unless my windshield gasket doesn't come in time for me to install it. Other windows can wait! Won't be in paint yet. Neighbor/ popo/ weather delays.

2. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

I'll be there racing. My girls, the Octane Angels, will be there with their cars...

3. One of you guys going to the party tell them to hurry up with my order. I have been waiting since Nov 10 and I am old and impatient.:D

4. 54plymouthchop

54plymouthchop
    from Glendale

Ill be there for the first time. bringing my 54 Chopped Plymouth. See you all there!

5. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

If I lived anywhere near So Cal I would be there.
    Please post lots of pics of the event for us that wish we could be there!

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

yes sir.. hes our glass guy :)
    i know.. but ive gone the last few years with no glass.. gotta switch it up!.. plus my temporary plastic windshield really kills the look of the new paint job :D Hopefully I see you there!

7. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Los Boulevardos...CHECK!

8. I'll be there! Headed down with Rocky on Friday.

[​IMG]

9. ottos

ottos

im there with my 55 chevy..cant wait

10. soulsponjah

soulsponjah

I'll be there. Looks like weather will be the same as last year :cool:

11. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Getting the ride redy for a drive to SoCal. Noticed both rear tires were flat with a screw AND nail in each. Time for new tires before I head out.

12. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Can't wait

13. bagel56

bagel56
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Anybody have an extra ticket they want to sell?

14. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Just pay at the gate!

15. Fleetside

Fleetside

Going! can't wait, work has sucked all week, need some fun

16. JohnnyCASHcadillac

JohnnyCASHcadillac
    from SO CAL-

Shortimers Pomona checking in....

If ya see the banner stop by and get a brew.....

17. Leaving at noon today!

18. 21stud

21stud
    from California

19. Got into LA a few hours ago. Sadly no coupe had to come over in the daily drive. Hanging out tonight with Hot Rod Trio and will be at the show tomorrow and will roadie for the band.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. 1961SPECIAL

1961SPECIAL

I plan on rolling in tomorrow at 6 am with no pre registration..but i have no idea what time the show is over? Once in can the cars be pulled out or we have to stay put till the end of the show?

hopefully someone can answer this before the am.

21. 1961SPECIAL

1961SPECIAL

I plan on rolling in tomorrow at 6 am with no pre registration..but i have no idea what time the show is over? Once in can the cars be pulled out or we have to stay put till the end of the show?

hopefully someone can answer this before the am.

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Wake Up, time to roll. See those of you I know there.

23. 61TBird

61TBird

I'll be there around Noon.
    I'll be the guy in the Strangers Car Club shirt.

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Oh man was it foggy, I missed the ramp and had to continue to the 210 frwy and turned around. The 210 was bright and sunny, turned around and headed back into the fog. Heard others had the same problem, They closed the pre-reg gate and everyone had to funnel through the regular main gate. I have never seen cars parked by the main gate that early so I figured parking would be a nightmare, it was. My wife heard it was the biggest turnout for a Xmas, ever!

25. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

It was a monster show with something for everyone .... including great weather, after the morning fog burned off. The one hiccup was that a number of cars couldn't get in because they weren't pre-registered. If you want to show a car next year, I strongly recommend that you pre-register! Except for that, it was a great show!

26. Blake84

Blake84

Advice for anyone who hasn't been and plans on going next year... IF YOU THINK YOU CAN ROLL UP 4 deep at 7am and find a parking spot all together with your buddies you are definitely mistaken.....this was my first year and I couldn't believe the amount of cars it was unreal!!! Great show.

You better get there Early. Nobody told me so I'm telling you :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  27. I had a great time! (although I broke my car) we were there on Fri night and slept in the back of my pickup, when I woke up to take a piss at 4 am the lights came on in the parking lot and shortly after that a steady stram of cars started coming in. Got a great show just watching them all arrive. Glad we didn't have to deal with that mess. :D

[​IMG]

28. I was there with a buddy running with the A/FXers and we traveled 400+ miles to attend. Got in Fri night. First time at an 1/8 mile track and it is a real compromise. Very narrow track and there were a few wrecks.
    The event seemed to really be 2 events at the same place.
    There were the racers and the show group. For the amount of people attending, there should have been more concessions.
    We had a good time but, suggesting the ones running it have more food vendors.
    My biggest gripe was we could not find anyplace selling soda on tap. I like my pop in a cup with ice and you could only buy in cans. Not that big a deal but, it would have been nice.
    Lots of cars and quite a variety. Will post a few pics.

29. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Alot of us were told not to talk to strangers.haaha:D

30. What a GREAT event. We WILL be back next year. We got there at 7:30 and couldn't believe how many cars were already there. next year we'll get there alittle earlier. When we walked back to the car at 11:30, the line of cars trying to get in was unreal. I think a bigger venue is in order. All in all, had a great time. Tim, sorry you had trouble. saw you pushing the dragster to tech and then drive the dragster back to your pit. Anyone know what happened to KiwiKev's car (unless it's already been posted and I missed it)? Saw him launch the car and then nothing.

BigMike