Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes Yokohama, 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddisnoke, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

That's cool, see you when you get back.

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Looks like a really big show,I just sold my coupe to Nori, It just got over there I wonder if he had it at the show?

3. My three buddies took their VW one is a well known race car and the others well know VW street cars in Calif they can be seen in the back ground in some of the pictures posted.

Frenchy

4. I would sell my soul to go to this show:(

5. osidebarrel

osidebarrel
    from San Diego

Love this thread lets keep it going.....

6. CM

CM

7. These pics (above post) and the ones I hope HenryJ will hopefully post, look to be from Saturday, the setup day. If you could get in the hall, this was the best opportunity to shoot pics. The Mooneyes site will post pics of every vehicle there once they get all downloaded and compiled.

8. CM

CM

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. The roadster that won all the marbles started out at my shop (Cornhusker Rod and Custom) built in 06 and featured in Hop Up #10. I sold it in about 09 to a man from Japan who had is shipped to Ca where I believe Fabian Valdez installed the Ardun and stripped it to bare metal. It was in one of the Rat Rod mags at the Yokohama show in bare metal a couple of years ago. Really looks good compared to the flat black paint job I had on it.

10. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

11. mason71

mason71
    from Edmond, OK

Does anyone have more info / pictures of this car at the mooneyes show? I am interested in see more of the front suspension.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

12. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Thanks for posting up the links,looking forward to checking out all the bikes from the show as well.

13. henryj429

henryj429

My favorite pre-show photo.....

Been busy as hell since I got back. I'll post more photos when I get time.

[​IMG]

14. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Larry- that photo of Eric and I on our way to the port warehouse is GREAT! That was one FREEZING cold ride, but worth it for sure!

After just coming out of the haze of the time difference, there are sooo many stories that could be told about the trip, from Louie's exploits on trying to get us into certain ""venues"" to almost crashing the Comet on a pass in front of the Pacifico, to the moonshine fireball incident (remember, you cannot see alcohol flame???).
    The Japanese people were incredible, respectful, and accomodating to us. We have nothing but great stories to share, and that fact that speaking for many, I'd say we hade ALOT of new friends over there!!

Here is a link to my pictures. I've not touched the video camera, but am excited to see what I have.

http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/mooneyes-yokohama-2012/

15. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Dale,

The Rocket hotwheel is sweet. I want one! Hey, who let Mark into Japan?

Brian

16. henryj429

henryj429

rocket=chick magnet!!!

17. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

You would have passed out from the laughter when they tried to fingerprint him in Japanese customs !!!!! It was hilarious....

The Hotwheel is a bit of a mystery......

18. luciomduran

luciomduran

This Merc is so cool. I love how they are able to take multiple styles like lowriders, customs etc. and blend them seamlessly. I love this car. Here is another pic of that hot rod.

19. Shige told Dale he could start it up a couple of times. The mini cackle-fest really attract the babes then. Dales's entire crew had their hands full (ha ha) all day!!!

20. Rikster

Rikster

I always look forward to see photos of new creations from Japan. These guys are just so incredibly creative and able to think outside the box without loosing touch with where it all came from.

That black and gray outlined 1949 Mercury is AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing the photos.

21. tred

tred

thank you for the photos everyone. unfortunately, this is both the reason i have no photos from when i went, and all i brought back to remember it by. :D jimmy shine and i killed this bottle and then took one more "to go" that night.

Attached Files:

22. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Chu Hai????????

Now that's just asking for dry horrors the next morning!!

drinking is best done with multiple nubile young girls fighting over who gets to fill your cup next!!!!!!

CoolStuff knows what I'm talkin about!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

23. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

This custom was our choice for the show. We all seemed to be pulled back to the intricate amount of work. At first, we thought it to be an embossed ,painted overlay. Then, as we got closer, there was more than met the eye. After talking with the owner, he explained how he slowly built up the pinstripe lines with hundreds of layers of high- build primer!! It took him four years to pull it off. Talk about thinking outside of the box!! And the kicker? We watched him tape up the seams, and drive it home in the rain! Dedication !!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. henryj429

henryj429

Dale, thanks for the explanation on the silver paint job. That had me baffled.

There are tons of good pictures out there now, so here is a random selection with some different stuff....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And, finally, a cool Rez photo.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  25. tred

tred

the one thing i wish i really took a picture of was outside the show on show day, it was a late 1940's/early 1950's harley with a sidecar, but instead of the sidecar body, someone fabbed a simple channel that a show bike was rolled up onto and strapped down and then taken to the moon show that way, a motorcycle on another motorcycle...

brilliant!

so simple, and nothing new, but completely overlooked. i've not seen one in person in this country...

did anyone happen to see it at this year's show?...

26. Rez

Rez

Hey what's going on Dale im still here in Japan and hoping to try and get in a T*t bar here over the weekend so wish me luck!:D

27. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

By your spell I'd say you already have. Your eye got dot'd but there's no eye to see :D.

28. henryj429

henryj429

I think that Louie would be the guy to hook you up with that kind of action....

29. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Rez- Can't wait to see how you do on this. We'll miss you this weekend, but know that you are having fun. Thats what its all about!!!!