Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What us trad rodders were doing in the 70's...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I caught a deal at a vintage record store near me. Buy 5 albums and get a turntable for FREE. I found a mini-boom box at Wallymart that had an AUX jack and I use it to play my albums. Nothing sounds better than vinyl.

2. Larry T

Larry T

So maybe ya need to get a 70's turntable, like a Garrard direct drive. :D

3. outlaw256

outlaw256

damn i love my vinyl!! i just bought a old cabinet style stereo to play them on since my old turn table bit the dust 15 yrs ago.thats how long it been since i got to listen to them.funny thing is while i didnt have a record player i was still lookin and buying albums at yard sales and anywhere else i could find them!!!

4. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 LP's. (that's record album's for the young guys). Years ago I sold close to 3,000 and then I lost about 1200 more when my folks garage flooded. Nothing better than a Belt driven (less noise and hum) turntable through the McIntosh Tube amp and JBL speakers. Sit me down with a glass of Whiskey and I can get lost for hours in the theatre of the mind

5. outlaw256

outlaw256

sorry brother but i am stuck in the 70s..and i aint leavin!!! still have long hair though it might be thinner lol hell i think i still got the same jeans from then but i do have new black t shirts..still use my 8 tracks and cassettes.i just bought my first cd player..lol. and i dont know any of the bands from about the mid 80s and on

6. Deuces

Deuces

Me two!!!
    I crawled under a rock after '79 er so... Had a hard time getting used to that "new wave" stuff..... Like Devo :eek::rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  7. BillSchmid

BillSchmid
    from Ohio

Since we are somehow on the subject of turntables, I would stay away from the usb ion junk. You can get an old quality pioneer for around $60-$70 and you can still convert to mp3s with it. there are guides on how to do it and it's pretty simple.

8. Deuces

Deuces

I wonder if that still stands????... :rolleyes::D:)

9. yes i changed a word in the quote but it fits me now and i was born in 1970 i just bought 4 awesome cd sets of music from 57-@60 at half priced books ya know the good stuff like duane eddy, eddie cochran, buddy holly and so on

bob seegers song old time rock and roll describes me fairly well

I HATE RAP crap and top 40 sh*t

10. Graduated in 1972 , Bought a 48 stylemaster coupe in 71 thought it was the coolest car on the block. Chicks didn't like it much. Moved on to a 57 2 door post, things got better,lol. The 70"s were a good time I was all into cars and married my high school sweet heart, those cars are long gone still have my bride and she has supported my cars the whole time.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  11. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos! How old did you say you were?

12. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Too......:D

13. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] QUAKE kicks Quisp ass. More sugar and twice the crunch: for when ya got the munch!

14. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] Paint this one Candy 'Reefer' Green and gold leaf "Naturally High' on the smoke tinted rear windows.

15. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    The Ramones appeared on Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert on September 19, 1977 to give one of the show’s most historic performances.

16. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

17. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

18. Quin22cy

Quin22cy
    from USA

The '67 'Stang is long gone as well as the '53 Mainline Tudor with a Merc crank, two pot Offy and Weber cam.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    No long gone...today Nevada is one of "those" States.

:D

20. Ramblur

Ramblur

Lol,think I may have a pic of this one... Street Machine Nationals???

21. slammed

slammed

Yes it was. I have a pix of it too!

22. I don't doubt that it still exists (the sign that is) in the graveyard outside of the city. ;)

23. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

24. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

BUT THIS ONE WAS FIRST, SNAPPED AN AXLE, ROLLED IT, DID A POWERTRAIN TRANSPLANT.
    [​IMG]

25. Question .... Am I the only one that keeps my albums (LPs) in alphabetical order?

Question #2 .... Am I the only one that digs the shit out of the patina on the 57 wagon?

26. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Sorry to be OT guys, but please be careful with those cheap-o turntables as some of them can be damaging to your records! Do your research here on the interwebs (if you can pry yourself from the HAMB) before you buy :)

As you were :p

27. I actually have a couple of old turntables and a Sansui quad synthesizer.

Being a basic '60s kid who thoroughly enjoyed all but about 2 years of the '70s. I still believe that rock and roll should be listened to without cleaning it up. That is my biggest beedf with CDs, they don't have the little cracks and pops and sooshing noises that vinyl does.

by the way I have never even hooked the synthesizer up and yes it did come back from SE Asia along with my propensity for opiates. ;)

28. Yep alot of electronics sold through PACEX.... Pacific Exchange.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

damn this is a big thread to read all at the same time. good thing I mostly just looked at the pictures

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Panasonic! Buy 5 albums get a turntable for free! About 3 years ago, that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.