Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from France

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cat-G, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

Hello to the HAMB comunity from France (Brazil to be acurate).
    It starts to be long time now that I'm reading some treads of this forum as every time I'm doing research about how to figure out what will be the future of the bunch of steel I've got in my garage, Google brings me here.
    So let's try to be brief, my name is Arnaud I'm from France, 29 year old and proud to own one french made Ford 32 sedan.
    My main problem right now is to find time to go ahead with the project as my job is keeping me away from my garage...
    For the moment I'm trying to source parts for it, but here in the old europe hot rodding is not that much in the culture and so lead to big expenses....
    It will maybe shock some of you here but even if I really like traditional good looking rides,I'm going to run a LS1 from a 1998 vette in it.... Yes I like also modernity as I previously was involved in rally cars preparation...
    Next step will be to cross the channel and make a trip to UK to visit some parts dealers and go ahead... The chistmas list start to be huge now...
    In a close future I'll try to add some pics of the beast...

I have to add that I'm very glad to find that much information on this forum from skilled people that are not mean to share their knowledge (kinda licking asses)...

2. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Welcome to the club!

3. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

Thanks...

As I see, even if i'm from the net generation I'm still not a good user of forums and posted my introduction in the wrong section...

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Welcome Cat-G! You'll get the hang of the forum pretty quickly.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hi, Cat... Is the French '32 built to the same specs as the U.S. '32?

Reason I ask is that the Australian one varied in belt lines, some construction materials (wood) and naturally, right hand drive...

Can you point out the differences, if any?

Interesting stuff our neighbors have.

6. Don't sweat it you are trying to do the right thing and trying is a good thing around here. You'll do fine.

If it makes you feel any better I just joined an Argentine forum yesturday. I posted my introduction with a picture of my dailey driver. The moderator just laughed and moved my thread to a differenrt section just for dailey drivers. Every forum does things a little differently.

Now I don't speak much french, not nearly as much French as you speak english, but bienvenue (did I spell that right?)

If there is something that I can do for you to help you along just send me a PM. I will try.

Benno

Mike I think that the French Tudor has suicide doors. Cat-G is that correct?

7. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

Hi Mike,

French 32 has few differences with the US one even if I've been told they have also build US bodies in France.
    So, about the french 32:
    All the inner structure is in wood even the inside of the doors.
    Doors are in ''suicide'' set up.
    The body around the windshield is kinda square and flat...
    The belt line is running around the body but not going to the roof as the US model.
    Mine is a 3.3 four banger that went out of the production lines in 1933...
    Once I'll be able to upload pictures everything will looks more clear...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  8. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

Porknbeaner, you've been faster than me... ;)

9. More practice. All I knew about was the doors you made the differences clear.

10. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

The inner wooden structure of the doors will be an issue when the time to set new hinges and rolling window will come...

11. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

Forgot the gloves boxes on the dashboard...

12. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

13. You can use the old wood for a pattern or some of the guys replace the wood with 1" steel tubing (square). I am sure you can do it but if you can't and want to stay with wood you can ship the old wood to one of us and we can make you a new wood kit from it.

Nice car, it is left hand drive?

14. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

Yup LHD, all the wood is now on a pile out of the garage, I have to say that it was quite a neat job...
    But as an impatient youg team we have broken everything planning to replace it by steel... 20x20mm square yep, metric system here ;)

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Very worthwhile venture! Car looks remarkably complete. Thanks for the info, Cat...and Benno.

I now recall reading about the Euro Deuce with suicide doors...

Cat, can you tell me what increments the square tube is available in? (say from 20mm to 25mm, what size steps are available between?)

16. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

5 to 5 from 10mm to ??? on most common dimensions it is quite practical as the wall thickness is 2.5 so tubes are fitting quite well to make a socket...

17. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

18. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France

19. ken1939

ken1939

Welcome to the forum, lots of knowledge here!

20. Cat-G

Cat-G
    from France