Register now to get rid of these ads!

3RD Annual NJ Hamber's Toys for Tots Hot Rod Get Together

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIG JOHN 37, Oct 16, 2012.

1. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

2. teddyp

teddyp

put the cracked windows back in the chevy so i,ll be there with that

3. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Painted a set of christmas balls for the auction . See you all tomorrow

Attached Files:

4. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

any other pinstripers going to be there tomorrow? maybe we can do a live panel to auction off also? i'll bring my gear and a blank panel just incase

5. drmrman

drmrman
    from new Jersey

I'm in but not with the 32. Maybe next year :/

6. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

[​IMG]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

7. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Tommorow is the big day !!!!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

leaving in 8hrs!

9. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

10. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Found this on FB ................

[​IMG]

11. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Another great turnout, definitely the best one yet !!! Thank you to Brian, Big John and everyone else that made this event possible.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

It was definitely a fantastic event so thanks to everyone who helped make it happen, and for Wayne's Speed for hosting such a wonderful get together to help the kids in need. It sure looked like generosity was highly evident.

It was nice meeting some of you HAMB'ers and sorry I didn't bump into more of you.

I also want to say how happy I am to have made the winning bid for HotRod Jen's stunning panel that she posted in post #53, especially since all the bids and donations go right to the kids. As soon as I saw Jen's panel "it spoke to me". I'll treasure it forever. I hope sometime soon I can commission her to do some of her pinstriping on my '32 (Brookville) roadster ...which even made it into one of the pics above!

13. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Good to see felow Hambers from NY & Pa,Got to show off my new ride,48 Ford coupe,This event gets better every year,Next year the auction will be bigger but we might need a new autioner,I heard Big John got a call from Barett Jackson,Hope everone has a Merry Christmas, Lucky

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

Great day in South Amboy, NJ. Collected over 1500 toys and raised over $3000 from the art auction. Thanks to everyone who came and donated toys. Thanks to the finest artists anywhere for donating their work. Thats Hot Rod Jen and Big John auctioning off Jens spectacular panel.
    Slim

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  15. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Every great event needs a wrap up post. Many, many Thanks to all who came, donated, participated, and assisted in some way, shape or form! This event continues to grow annually, with over $3K in Cash, given to the USMC Toys for Tots program, through donations, the 50/50, and our first ever Auction. BTW thanks to all who donated art for the Auction, Hot Rod Jen, Tyler Hilton, Jerry Homemade Hardtop, Scary Larry Garland, Dennis Smith, Stevie 1 Lucky 1, Brian Waynes Speed, Jim Bubba 67 and others. Also many thanks to all those who helped out, Jen, Amy, Shannon, James, Stevie, Wayno, Chuckie, Richie, Bear, Jones, Tommy Boy,and many others. We also, collected approx. 1,000-1,500 Toys again, for the Program. Thanks to all our Penna., and NY friends for coming out as well. One couple from Penna., John and Heather, used this as a Honeymoon Trip, and brought many Toys, as they asked for Toys to donate, in lieu of Wedding Gifts! A special Thank you, to Brian - "Wayne's Speed" for the use of his facility again, and the generous donations he makes, a better venue we couldn't find. Lastly, a thank you to my wife, daughter/son in law, and son for emptying the shelves at Toys R Us on our families behalf. The date for next years 4th Annual Event is Sunday, 12/8/2013, same time, same place, see you all there!

16. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

I was going to say all that.

17. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I'm upset that I missed it this year but I will make it next yeat . Looks like a great turn out as the past two years. Great job guys!