Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rechroming Recommendations / Cost?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, Nov 30, 2012.

1. I have some early Gm belt buckles to have rechromed as well as some 10 inch long seat brackets (that attach the lower seat to the uppers)

Anyone have a good source for this type of work?

Thanks, Tim

2. racemad55

racemad55

New England chrome, East Hartford,Conn.

3. Holy cow, NO. Unless you don't like good quality that is. I live maybe 15 minutes from there, and I am shipping all my parts out of state. Can't remember the last time I heard someone say something positive about them.

4. mexico or china should run you 4.99 plus shipping

Chrome is just crazy expensive anymore

looking for show quality work ?

5. racemad55

racemad55

Deans done nice work for me, he will do it over if not satisfied.

6. Quality chrome plating ain't cheap,,drop ChromePlaterJosh a PM,,he might be able to help. HRP

7. F&J

F&J

He is not with the family plating place now; he is polishing aritfical human hip joint balls now.

8. Understand that if he is a friend of yours I am not trying to trash anyone personally.

I just know from first hand experience that the quality is sub par. I also have a friend that had something done there recently, and they had to redo it three times because it was unacceptable. Another friend had a 40 Ford grill have to get redone for peeling chrome, and they actually charged him to redo it. What kind of business practice is that?

9. I may use Nu Chrome in Fall River MA I saw them at Stafford Springs, their stuff looks good and they emailed me back with good prices, anyone use them ever?

10. Chris F100

Chris F100

I've used them in the past - on a Nomad with about 40 pieces done - and they were very good. A friend had a bumper straightened and rechromed there this year. Done on time and within estimate.

11. F&J

F&J

do a seach on hamb for that place. There are quite a few to read.

12. Ditto, be careful. Google search on them first.

13. Chris F100

Chris F100

Well that's one on me. How quickly they fall........

14. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

South Shore Plating in Quincy,does all of our chrome work.

15. yblock292

yblock292

We are using Whitworks in lincoln arkansas, 479-824-4446, excellent work also do pot metal. I think they are very resonable and do show quality work

16. racemad55

racemad55

Nu-chrome lost a couple of parts on me in the past.

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

It took me a while to find this place. It is spelled Whitworx

18. yblock292

yblock292

opps, sorry about that!

19. Jon Wright's Customchrome Plating
    963 Mechanic Street
    Grafton, OH 44044
    (440)-926-3116
    www.customchromeplating.com

Expensive, but well worth it!

20. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

LOL, Yeah I'm not at the chrome shop anymore, but the shop is still kickin without me. My little brother Jake has taken my place and is a polishing machine; I'm so proud of him :).

Last I talked with my Dad Jim(owner) they were getting down to 4-5 week turnaround times; pretty short considering they had been 8-12 weeks out for the past couple years.

Don't avoid CMF because I'm not there, I'm just the outgoing one so most don't know my brothers and Dad are still down there making shiny just like they did before I worked there. Jimmy2s83 here on the HAMB is my older brother who does the plating side of things

21. I've used New England Chrome for years (30+) for both car and bike parts and have never had a problem with the quality or durability and the price was always fair no.... their not my personal friends.

22. hi themoose, where are they? they still around? thanks

23. 68vette

68vette

A friend of mine here in WNC spent months locating a super grille for his 46 chevy P U. He finally found one and sent it to a chrome shop in Nashville TN....do not know which one....evidently they liked it too and sent him one that was junk...they did nothing about it....probably someone has a very nice 46 chevy grille ...a whole lot nicer one than they sent in to be chromed.

24. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

Chromemasters in Nashville, TN

25. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I just got back my grille shell and some other parts from Librandi's Plating in Harrisburg, PA. Really quality work, but not cheap.

26. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Hi, do you use copper in your plating prossess :)

27. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Yeah, lots of it, lol. Alkaline copper strike and high build acid copper.

28. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I'd like to say that I had several things done by Josh and his family and have been extremely pleased. The amount of $$$ was reasonable and they were right on with their expected turn around time. I highly recommend them.

29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Exactly what Kirk said , I've had a bunch of parts plated threw them as well for my 59 chevy wagon project , and couldn't be happier