Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 My friend drug home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 mercules, May 25, 2009.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Looking good!Thanks for the updated pic's.

2. Hey, Greg! My Uncle asked how you were doing, I told him I hadn't heard from you. He wished he went to the Veterans show.. Have a good one!

3. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Tell your dad & uncle hi for me.I've been working a lot of OT.I need to drop by and see you guys.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That looks flat out incredible. Really nice work!!!

You let me know if those rear wheels/tires are ever for sale. They are rad! Can't you tell us exactly what size the tire is (and wheel) and who made the tire. Thanks.

5. Anytime.. Hopefully Thursday I'll have new H&J tshirts, with a 55Chev. Looking forward to seeing them.

6. I'm sure JimSig will answer on the sizes, once he reads this.. Gordon Forbes, is an incredible metal man/painter

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Your buddy gets to walk out to the garage and see a killer RPU, Deuce 5 window, AND A 7-11?! Geez, how lucky can one man be. Car is headed the right direction, I love it.

8. Hahaha.. Where the metal work was done, the 7-11 is across from there. So, no.. we can't always have it all! That's funny, tho!

9. greaser

greaser

Awesome job, car is spot on. I really like everything thats been done.
    You got a WINNER!

10. billylo

billylo

Sweet update. Thanks

11. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Just shows you,there still out there....COOL!!!

12. Hey guys,
    Thanks for the thumbs-ups on my '32. I'm really jazzed about the progress, too.

For Jeffrey James: The tires and wheels are from a yard sale, 15" x 8" Inglewood recaps, probably about 50 or 60 years old. They are the perfect 29 1/2" diameter. The wheels are reversed 15" x 6" Henry Fords.

If anybody is looking for an incredibly talented metal man who loves to work on old Fords, PM me and I can put you in touch with my guy. He's in Calimesa Ca (15 miles east of San Bernardino). He's not the fastest, but he is the best, and very reasonable.

And thanks to J.Fishbeck for the good pictures, much better than my Brownie would take. I'm sure he'll post more as work progresses.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. That car has a memorable stance. It sits right. Love what it has become. Don't know what else to say. Thanks for sharing. None of us have the room for every car we dream about. It is good this car found a caring home rather than continue to sit dormant in a crusty old building. Bar none a better fate for it.

Doug.

14. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that is one bitch'in hot rod !

15. Very cool keep the updates coming.

16. brady1929

brady1929

wow, very cool hot rod

17. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Funny thing, I was admiring his loading ramps for his trailer.:eek:

18. Cool car, will be awesome on the street.

19. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Jeffry James, on the tires n rims talk to your brother i just sold him a set that look identical,homemade reverse rims and the same tires but the wide white was on the inside

20. CUTITUP53chevy

CUTITUP53chevy

that is one bad ass hot rod looking good

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome! Yeah I'll have to take a look when he gets here. Thanks for the heads up.

Those Inglewood tires were seriously the best looking slick ever.

22. WOW Jim! I didn't look like that when I saw it! It was a pile of parts! Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished car...

23. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

24. You may notice that the trunk lid is not on the coupe. That is because we are wiser now. On the coupe's first trailer ride about a year ago, when we got up to speed on the freeway, we noticed cars were swerving behind us and horns were honking. A guy pulled alongside and pointed at the coupe, and I waved back because I knew it was a cool car. Thanks! But then he rolled the window down and yelled "Your trunk lid just blew off!" That lowered our coolness drastically. We pulled over and Stan Back, my helper, ran back about a half of a mile and found the trunk lid in the bushes, scratched, but not hit. And while he was looking around in the bushes while I circled around to get him, he found a mysterious dashboard with small and big gauge holes in it. Not usable, but a nice wall hanger. So all in all, it was a great day! Thanks, Stan Back for your help!

25. No, thank yoooouuu! An I sure will post more, when progress continues.. shoe betcha'!

26. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Looks fantastic, keep it up.

27. Siggy is nice enough to let my hoarding continue over into an onto his place. I am storing the 60 Chevy 4dr Flatroof Hardtop, at his place until I get everything squared away. After I finished for the day, I was able to snap some progress pics. I can't wait to ride in the this thing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. thats so rad!!! It'd be awesome if some history was found too!

29. osidebarrel

osidebarrel
    from San Diego

Great pics keep em comin!

30. greaser

greaser

I absolutely love this coupe! Looking forward to more updates.