Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sandblasting shops near Detroit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Dec 3, 2012.

1. olskool34

olskool34

I have looked and looked, the closest shop is 16 miles away and they told me it was atleast a week or more wait. They seemed to be pretty pricey too. Is there anyone here that knows of a good shop in the Detroit area or better yet, someone who has the equipment to blast some stuff and I can come by?

2. billywilly92

billywilly92
    from Michigan

Does it have to be in Detroit? I've had a bunch of parts sand blasted by a place in Ortonville and they have always turned out real nice. The shop can do full cars too. If interested I'll try to find the contact info

3. 70L34

70L34
    from Detroit

S&S Stripping on 15 & Mound is great.

4. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I only use Michigan Sand Blasting It's on Inkster just south of 96. Guy likes doing hotrod parts I trusted him with some very rare stuff

5. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks guys, I'll go ahead and check these places out.

6. Yep good place...if your building a gasser they also can alumicoat headers.. did a pair for me years ago and came out pretty sweet

7. Cantstop

Cantstop

theres a place in clarkston I think its called Springfeild Blasting... Its on andersonville road north of white lake..

8. xon

xon
    from detroit

S & S stripping and master blaster at Milford road and grand river in south Lyon have been good for me..you are kind of in the middle of the 2

9. olskool34

olskool34

I always used my step-fathers blaster but he just moved up to Tawas. I have never paid for blasting. What is the going rate? I want my backing plates, wishbone and some small other parts done.