Register now to get rid of these ads!

40-41 ford pickup picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadz-forever, Sep 27, 2011.

1. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Some great pic's on here and some excellent inspiration, mine is still just a body with half the chop done and a set of un-chopped doors.
    I've noticed there's no pic's of trucks with a Deluxe front conversion, I'd like to see a couple as my truck is a blank canvas in that area.

Scotty

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. n.z. here ya go.......40 deluxe & 38 std.

Attached Files:

3. a few more........

Attached Files:

4. more....

Attached Files:

5. Cool ol' Desert Truck.....

Attached Files:

6. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Thanks CW, I've seen the sectioned one before, not really my thing (I prefer a bit of gloss). I understand the Deluxe fronts have a different body bolt pattern to the pickup?? Other than that are the front fenders the same std/deluxe/pickup??

Scotty.

7. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Howzis? Came home Sunday- finally :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Not mine but thought it was a good one to add to this thread.One of these is on the list for the next project for sure

Attached Files:

9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm gonna do one I hope--as mentioned, would love a CMG pickup--maybe a after the next coupe we just acquired. Gotta hurry--not getting any younger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PONTNAK123 likes this.
  10. Mart

Mart

Looks like the start of something great!

Mart.

11. graybearded

graybearded

I hope this doesn't make anybody upset but I couldn't think of anywhere on the entire web that would be better place to post this than here! I cut the roof & back panel off a true '40 that had been cut to pieces right up to the windshield post. It's a good piece and I'll be using it on my new '40 PU project. In the meantime I ran it over to my glass man , we turned it upside down strapped it to one of his shop carts. (We did the same thing about '92 with a '66 roof panel. I'm still selling headliners out of that mold.) A fiberglass headliner for these trux is a natural. My last project '40 I ordered a headliner out of some place in Oregon. It fit OK but was black ABS plastic, square corners, just didn't seem to be what I wanted. We're making a mold for a headliner, three piece, that will look like the outside of the roof when painted, dished rounded corner, slip under the header panel, smooth, real smooth. What I need to know is what color do you think I should ask for in gel coat. I'm thinking Dove Gray. See my album for my last '40. Your suggestions appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  12. Greybearded - dove grey sounds good to me - PM me an approximate cost of the HL as I'm interested.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. [​IMG]

This was mine. it was built as a hot Rod in the 50's in Santa Ana CA, then got the Cragar's in the 60's. Had a 327/T350. I put an MII front end under it (this picture is with the original front end still under it), but being a die hard Ford guy I didn't dig the 327 so when an offer came along, it went down the road.

14. Here's one we were working on in my shop
    [​IMG]

PONTNAK123 and exterminator like this.
  15. graybearded

graybearded

Just when you think you've seen every thing some one puts a downward arch in a hood reveal, sweet.

16. George G

George G

Amazing

17. metalman

metalman

My newly aquired 40, been sitting since 68. Only took me 20 years to get the guy to sell it to me! The owner bought it in 63, swapped in a J2 Olds and drove it thru high school and beyond till he blew up the Olds and parked it. 20 years ago it was the "no, I'm going to fix it up someday" story. He finally decided "someday" isn't going to happen.
    temp_121.JPG
    With a little luck I hope to have it on the road this summer.

UNCLECHET and droppedstepside like this.
  18. Thanks.

19. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Now this is some great work on a 40 pickup. Lets see some more photos of the build.

exterminator likes this.
  20. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here are a few more than I like.

Attached Files:

21. Sorry, can't show any more. Sworn to secrecy, shouldn't have shown that much, but couldn't resist. fortunately I don't think the guy we worked on it for is on here.

22. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Killer Don, thanks for the sneak peak!!!

23. I REALLY like the CMG 40. I also think that the classifieds listing, at one of the "dealer" sites has the heading "Ford Roadster Street Rod (1940)" above it!

I think that I saved every picture of that truck that the dealer has on their web site.

That '41 is also right up my alley, too!

24. WOW.......really nice metal work here! Please show us more when the owner is not around....thanks.

25. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

The most recent pics of my 40:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Mart

Mart

^^^ Looks pretty sweet! Nicely detailed.

What frame is that on??

Mart.

27. Can anyone tell me on post #61, what the lighter color is on this truck ???

28. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Thanks! The truck is on an 86 SWB Ford Ranger chassis. I relocated the rear axle a little to get the wheelbase to 112". Chassis width and track is really a nice fit for the 40.

29. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

holy shit those are sweet

30. Updated Picture of my daily driver.

[​IMG]