Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Sad News...John Bradley has passed on

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODVAN, Dec 3, 2012.

1. HOTRODVAN

HOTRODVAN

John Bradley, better known as Mr. Flathead, has passed on. We will always remember you and your contributions to the sport. R.I.P.
    [​IMG]

2. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

3. HOTRODVAN

HOTRODVAN

This is a quote from a fan of Johns that I thought I should pass on..."John Bradley was inducted in 1994. The IDRHoF had started in 1991, so he was in the fourth class of inductees.
    If you look on http://www.garlits.com/, over on the left, you can click on the Hall of Fame. The inductees are listed in two ways, alphabetically and by their year of induction. John Bradley was inducted in 1994 in only the fourth year of the IDRHoF. The caliber of the inductees for 1994 tells us how important John Bradley is to the history of drag racing. Some of John's fellow inductees in 1994 include Zora Arkus-Duntov, Don Garlits, Wally Parks, Red Greth, Don Maynard, Vic Edelbrock Sr. and Robert Petersen. That is big league stuff to be included in that group!"

4. HOTRODVAN

HOTRODVAN

5. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

6. sololobo

sololobo

He was a great one, condolences to all his family and friends. His racers were so gorgeous and fast! ~sololobo~

7. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Never forget watching his no nonsense runs... just pulled up to the line and then ran in the eights. Sorry to see the oldtimers fade away. Still have one of his T shirts.

8. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

He was, and always will be so significant ...an icon of hot rodding.

9. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Rest in Peace.

Condolences to John's family and friends.

10. 296ardun

296ardun

I missed this thread when first posted....Apparently John was living in a trailer park, always the low-bucks racer with dignity...probably forgot more about flatheads than the rest of us will ever know, and never too busy to help out some dumb kids like us...we were running our Ardun for the first time on 100% nitro, and some guy came up to us and said, "just blip the throttle, don't hit it hard, it will pop a few times and then light, if you don't you will blow out the bottom....so we did, and he was thrilled (I told those Chevy guys down there the same thing and they didn't listen!"...later Les Hawkins told us that the guy was John Bradley, we didn't recognize him, but he saved our motor, never got the chance to thank him

RIP John