Register now to get rid of these ads!

"hotrodess!!!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlineracer42, Dec 2, 2012.

1. How many of yer guys grandaughters ask to go for a spin? After we went and had a bite,she wanted to go out on "the big road!" so we did! I ran the stude gently thru the cogs and reached 70 pretty easily by the time I pulled 4th and she was smilin the whole time! NO FEAR!!! I could tell by her face!!! She is a true "HOTRODDESS! ,my little Zayley...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

3. She looks right at home!

4. kennkat

kennkat

Mine, now almost 12, has been in my Hot Rods since she was "new". She has run a 150 mile run in the '52 IHC with me more than once!

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

just the begining,good luck

6. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

My oldest daughter is one too, second daughter is close- we cruise every weekend in the old ford.

7. INDEED! Her mom and uncle grew up with this car! Spend many summer days at the drags! They would take turns goin to the tower and pickin out the trophies I would win....many moons ago!!!

8. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

No grandkids yet but I still remember "faster daddy faster!"

and now they are both leadfoots.

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Better keep an eye on the keys.;)
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. garcoal

garcoal

my memory of my little ponytailed daughter, is i stopped to get some pop and a snack. i bought some beef jerky. handed her a piece she reply no dad no doggie treats. i have to smile every time i see beef jerky on the shelf for sale

11. That is awesome! I just hope my little girl falls into the same place.

12. Good for you, that brought a smile to my face !!!!

13. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I hope my girl falls in love with cars. I hope she loves her first roadster ride as much as I did.

14. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Good to see ya having fun buddy! Took my son out in the 53 Chevy today. He seemed to be enjoying himself as well.

[​IMG]

15. That's a great picture. Made me smile

16. My Son a few years back now ( 6 at the time ) . We walked into a friends shop and he made a bee-line for the FED . He didn't need to be invited to have a seat twice.... :D

[​IMG]

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow rlr42...that's the coolest. My wife and I don't have kids...sometimes I envy you guys that do. Gotta say, it's so neat seeing the youngsters enjoying and being influenced by the old cars and hot rods. But for Zaley to wanna take a high-speed run in your car, is something else, entirely. Your Stude is powerful. I don't know how well-mannered your car is, but I imagine that it's got to have some serious rumble. Yet your little girl feels right at home in it. Makes me smile. You're the coolest, Zayley.

18. Thanks! Well,it can be kinda violent,tis a 10 second/4-link/5-speed street car....I took it waaaaaay easy of course but still....a wee bit aggressive compared to Moms minivan which is all she has ever ridden in before this...it's funny,when I used to ride my daughter(Zayleys Mom) on my Harley,I would let Jenny (drive) and as soon as her 4 year old hands grabbed the handlebars she would twist the throttle as far as her hand would go,then grab another fistful and twist it till it stopped and held it there till I would tell her to ease up so we could make the up coming corner! These girls of mine have no fear whatsoever!!! Bless their little hearts!

19. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Enjoy these times! My girls always loved going for rides when they were little and were always helping me with anything to do with hot rods. Now that they're grown and out on their own now they still never turn down the chance to go for a cruise, Just now they want to drive.

20. Saxxon

Saxxon

Very cool story.
    Grampa gets an "attaboy"

21. SLEDRZ

SLEDRZ

Nice stories about good times in our old cars. I took my 2 year old grandaughter out for a run in the coupe. when we got back her Mom asked me how it was. I said to her that apparently I need a faster car because my grandaughter kept saying. "Faster Papa, faster".

22. Not my kids, but my friends kids, they love my old car, you can see that in their smiles. Take a kid to a car show-they will love it, especially if you let them pose for photo's.:cool:

Attached Files:

23. My granddaughter Veda telling me it's time to go for a ride! HRP

[​IMG]

24. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...my kids (grown adults) look at my addiction with detached amusement and it seems that hot rod and custom car enthusiasms are going to skip a generation. However, my nine year old granddaughter squeals with delight and rocks back and forth with her arms in the air when we go for a spin in the roadster. I just may be fighting her for the keys in a few years......
    Here she is giving me the hint...

[​IMG]

25. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

This picture is my daughter crying and not wanting to leave after the ride!

[​IMG]

26. Works the same way with my daughters,,they were raised riding in the back seats of hot rods and traveling many miles but they could care less.

My oldest granddaughter at 16 goes with us occasionally,my 13 year old grandson would rather play video games and has no interest in cars,,funny I bought my first car at 12.:rolleyes:

But Veda loves riding in the hot rods anytime. HRP

27. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

My Grandkids love the old truck.
    [​IMG]

28. That picture in the truck made me chuckle!

29. One grandaugther lived three houses down from us and from the time she was 2 until about 10 years old I couldn't get out in the Model A without here wanting to ride. Now she is 19, going to college, in a sorority, and drives a Honda!!!!!

30. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

Hambers raising kids right.