Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone running a Gordon Schroeder steering box in there A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64ONEOFF, Dec 2, 2012.

1. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Was wondering if anyone out the is running this steering box, Also was wondering if so is it a bear to steer... Thanks fellas:D

2. oj

oj

Can't fit it in there, better let me have it ok?

3. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I dont believe u, LOL

4. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Not exactly an A, but here's my Schroeder box in an A powered Zipper Lakester. Note the mounting brackets. Only problem was getting the right length on the pitman arm. Had to modify the steering arm to get the drag link parallel to the ground. Using a 13" steering wheel and it's like power steering. Been running this set up for 13 years.

Attached Files:

5. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Thanks for the info... I want to try to jam it under the dash, probably gonna move the firewall out some for leg room also.

6. Xman

Xman

This what I'm doing in my 34 3W. I'll build the inner mount after I have the floor in place. It's 8-1 and may be a little hard to steer at low speed but that's Hot Roddin.

Attached Files:

7. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

8. I didn't run a Shroeder but I ran a mid 70s mid size Chrysler box, works great and cheaper, may be a better alternative and there are several techs on here for it.

Attached Files:

9. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

I had one in my coupester...It was surely an "armstrong" effort. Doable, but work at low speed. I ended up using a quickner reversed to reduce effort....Much better

10. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Thanks fellas, I have also seen the reverse corvair box alot. I appriciate your info.

11. Firecat7

Firecat7

take a look at the bmw box,doing a build now works good to mount,very compact. but we are not driving yet. can't give you a final crtique