Register now to get rid of these ads!

Besides "Cars" what are your other hobbies? w/video!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I've just started running Marathons, I got a "little bit chunky" and couldn't afford the Gym so I started running. A year later I've done 4 halves and my first full (3:55.17 3rd place) and I'm doing my second full Marathon next weekend.:D

Start
    100_6493.jpg
    Into the pits
    100_6498.JPG
    Finishing
    100_6500.jpg

Scotty

2. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

I've got antique gas engines and tractors thanks to my great grandfather who got me stated. Here are a couple.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1354416746.332401.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1354416780.051901.jpg
    And now I'm in to miniature antique gas engines.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1354416894.722102.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:) Well lets see.Aircraft.Espessially WW2 vintage.Hunting,fishing fresh and salt water.Op said something about no salt water fishing because he felt like BAIT.
    Better keep eyes peeled for Al the Gator.Guess who`s coming to dinner?Hehehehe..Music:Big band era.You know Glen Miller,Dorsey Bros.,Benny Goodman,and ect.Country/western music,western swing.A little bit of everything.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i build choppers!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Deuces

Deuces

Model cars.... I've collected about???.... XXX over the years and and haven't started on one yet...:eek:
    Too lazy to get started on one I guess... :(

6. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Fishin'

Attached Files:

7. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Last ten years i've been messing with this.When i bought it looked like a Fatboy clone,now its like in the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Build some model cars when there's time,but I was into these as a kid,and got back into them about 7 years ago. OK,they're a little past our "traditional" cut-off,but brands like Arctic Cat,Polaris and Bombardier(Ski-Doo) have been around since the 1950's. I would not mind attempting a restoration on a late 50's/early 60's rear-engined machine.

Two of mine;restored 1974 Arctic Cat El Tigre 340 in the front,1980 AC Jag 340 in back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see,I ride my shit. Caught a LOT of flack from some serious restoration gurus about using this sled. Was told by a number of them that when that sled was presented after the resto,it was a National show quality piece. I didn't think so,but these cats are more knowledgeable than me on the subject.

Latest acquisition;1976 Arctic Cat Panther. Wide-track,fat seat,electric start "Cadillac"-type sled for my old bones:

[​IMG]

I've got 5 acres of land,and mowed out an almost 1/4 mile oval to rip around on,as well as some other trails around the property. The gf ripping around on "her" Jag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Keeps me out of trouble,and provides good "throttle therapy" when needed. Also planning another build from the extra parts here,with a modded 340cc mill,expansion chamber exhaust pipes(won't the neighbors be pleased!),performance clutch and more. There's also another restoration in the works;a National Show quality 1973 Arctic Cat El Tigre 340.

Heyitsnate;NICE bikes! I rode H-D for over 35 years,till leg problems took me off 'em. 3 Ironheads and the last a '99 Softail Evo. You do good work!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  9. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

10. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

i would say 90% of what i am into revolves around cars. whether it be cars directly or things closely associated with them. i have thing for old cars, and machinery that i can use to build cars. i have a thing with auctions that involve that stuff. i recently have become more involved with fire arms. those are about my main addictions, other than those i like to sleep lol

11. Sleeping has become one of my favorites because it doesn't cost anything and I can pretty much do it anywhere and anytime!!!!

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I like antiques, but the main focus is toy cars... I like photography, but I mostly take pics of old cars,,, though I like old rotten buildings and such as well. I draw occasionally (cars)....

though I have only done a couple, I like refinishing old furniture. preferrably pieces that are too far gone for any sane person to want to fix. I paid 10 bucks for the tall dresser below, and debated whether I should even bother. came out better than I thought it would. currently working on the other one shown, found it in a pig pen with a dirt floor, leaky roof and only 3 walls, so it had moisture issues. it was painted 3 times and had about 50 nails in it keeping it from falling apart. it will still be a bit warped and worm holed when I am done.

Attached Files:

13. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

Trained TKD for years now run alot and got the wife running with me sometimes ( im into fast shes into distance )

Attached Files:

14. BlacktopScraper

BlacktopScraper

Surfing, mostly longboarding.

[​IMG]

And a little surf photography now and then...

[​IMG]

15. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

Exploring ghost towns and old salvage yards. Chasing trains and riding amtrak. Volunteering for habitat for humanity.

16. cosmic12

cosmic12

Where do I start? Mostly been Cars,Gutiars,Boats but I do have a outa controll collection of diecast and old tin toys and junk like that.

Attached Files:

17. So many it's hard to name all of them, although going to College has put a lot of them on the back burner.

-Spending time with my girlfriend and family

-TRAVELING (besides the girlfriend and family I would say this is the biggest). Lived in three different countries and visited more than I can count. My old passports all FULL of stamps and visas. I love learning and experiencing new cultures, religions, food, etc. If I had the money I think I would rather go somewhere again rather than blow it on silly car parts:eek:

-Music (Punk, Surf, Rock n' Roll, Blues, Jazz, Rockabilly, Country, etc.)

-Playing guitar and bass

-Collecting Hot Wheels and various other die cast cars.

-Building plastic model cars (kustoms and Hot Rods mostly)

-R/C cars (Have a Ofna OB4 Slimline Pro on the back burner)

-Photography (Black & White and Digital)

-Skateboarding (Just started again although I absoultly suck now :-(

-Slot car racing!

Anything else kustom/hot rod related:cool:

18. Flying. This is my ride parked on my strip

[​IMG]

Tim

19. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Those aren't "choppers".....they're call badfuckingass.....:D

I play with boats, R/C cars/trucks and recently got into guns (gonna build my own AR soon)...all hobbies I really can't afford. But having FUN cost $$$....haha...

77 Dominator
    [​IMG]
    75 Kona
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of scratch built Toyotas and OG RC10....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Out door model railroad trains
    Guns
    GMC Motor Home Travel.
    Tether cars
    R C Airplanes "this is a new thing"

21. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

When it's not cars, I like boobs, beer and wheels. You know how that goes, if it has wheels or tits you will have troubles with it.

Attached Files:

22. randy

randy

Sufferboarding.

Attached Files:

23. I carve tiki poles for fun and profit when I don't want to work on old Fords.

Attached Files:

24. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

The old days -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These days -

[​IMG]

25. lizzie

lizzie

sewing, baking, knitting, painting..I collect records and old aprons and building model cars with my son. But lately most of my free time has been working on the cars.

26. Craigo

Craigo

Music/ Guitars.

Also watching my kids turn into adults!!

27. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Music - the usual range of blues, folk, classic rock, metal, and a bit of classical, though what I'm hearing live these days tends to be baroque/renaissance/medieval.

Books - philosophy, architectural and design history, political economy, ecology, theology - but also old whodunits. I've been writing some essays around anarchist political-economic theory lately.

I've got a few pre-streamline Art Deco pieces, but neither the funds nor the space for more, right now.

I enjoy a good cryptic crossword. So too an interesting artisanal beer, a dikpoot shiraz, or a good port.

My wife does cross-stitch embroidery. We've been talking about me generating some designs for that.

But catch me staring blankly into space and chances are that I'm figuring out something automotive :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  28. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

29. some funny posts here... if im not working on, drooling on, or drawing a car, im reading (lots of WWII), drinking beer, or watching football...

30. You look like the guy I boxed in 1968 just after I finished Navy diving School. I weighed in at about 175 and the other guy was about 150. I was way tuffer than he was cus I kept comming back for more. I felt like my face was like a piece of paper in a typwriter.

Danged sore in the morning.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.