Register now to get rid of these ads!

New car steel wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falcon-61, Dec 2, 2012.

1. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

I am having trouble finding some 14-15" steel wheels to put on my 61' Falcon so I have been thinking about buying something from a newer car. The black ones most cars have if they have hubcaps with the holes in them. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how it looks? If I could get a trim rim for them or not, spider cap, etc? They seem to be pretty cheap and might look cool but I can't find any pictures of any older cars doing it and I'm wondering if there is a reason for that? haha! Any help or pictures would be great and very helpful. Thanks gents!!

2. 3spd

3spd

I have them on my daily OT '76 Toyota. Black 16's.... they look like crap. I was going to put moons on them to cover up the holes but found a set of slots instead. Don't waste your time IMHO...

Ryland

3. nathan289

nathan289
    from spokane,wa

4 lug or 5???

4 lug options are hard but look at early 90s nissans.. like 200sx or 240...

Nathan

4. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

If you have 4 stud, then 14" MGB wheels will fit. The early ones had the cooling holes but came with hub caps.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

5. You might look at cop car steel wheels. They often came with little hubcaps.

6. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

4 lug. I've been on the hunt for some off an early mustang or a slightly later model than my falcon or comet. No luck at all so far. Thought about getting a bunch of circles cut and welding them in to fill the holes, that might be a bit extreme though. Haha anybody have pictures of a car with them or know how to photoshop it well enough?

7. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

Anyone know if the 80's mustang 4 lug wheels are the same bolt pattern as the early 60's falcons?

8. May not be so many in the junkyards, esp around Chicago, but the early Mavericks had 4 lug on the 6 cyl versions. V8 were 5 lug, kind of the same as the Mustangs did.

9. 79mbu

79mbu
    from australia

[​IMG]Although definitely an OT vehicle, this is how the factory wheels on our X-Trail looked after we painted them to match body colour and added chrome trim rings and aftermarket wheel centre caps from Performance Wheels. I am extremely happy with the end result...Glen

10. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I painted the Chevy P/U rally wheels black, To hide the weird slots in them, and no one seems to notice them any more, ( alot of people used to make little cracks about my "truck Rallys")