Register now to get rid of these ads!

Original Batmobile to be auctioned in January 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doctor Detroit, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The only thing I got out of Batman was real cheap pitchers during Batman happy hour at the Black Forest Tav in Eugene, Or. It was a ritual when the show was on.

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

It's hard to argue with that.

3. Oh my God, now its turned into an argument over the intrinsic value of the t.v. show ! Ya gotta love it !

4. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

If restored back to the Futura it would still recognized as the Batmobile. I say keep it as the Batmobile.

6. grabrr

grabrr

Maybe he'll buy himself a new yellow satin jacket with the money...

There once was a website, all about these cars.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I'm not a zealot of the Batmobile by a long shot. But come on, don't be f'n ridiculous, you don't undo the Batmobile. That's just stupid.

Let's be real honest, the original Futura isn't the most beautiful thing Ghia ever kicked out either. And a large part of the 'concept' actually is still easily apparent in the Batmobile. If it hadn't been for if becoming the Batmobile, there is a huge likelyhood it just would have been dumped in the 60's shredder. Based on those photos, it apparently already was looking close to being on it's last legs by the time Barris was handed it anyway. Regardless of your opinion of it and what Barris did to it, the fact of the matter is it probably saved it, even as little as some might think is salvageable.

Nobody in their right mind is going to undo the original Batmobile unless a lot of bath salts are involved.

8. As much as I love the Futura, the Batmobile is far too iconic to change back to the Futura plain and simple. It's a car I've always loved and I still know it's the Futura. It pains me to say it but Mazooma is right also... I hate BJ...

9. autobilly

autobilly

Either way, Mr Barris is sure to turn a profit, I believe he payed $1.00 in '59.

10. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    "Holy Batmobile Batman!"... George is gonna' sell our wheels!
    "Run! Robin, Run!"

11. supervert

supervert

after he sells this for over a mil, he can afford to pay himself the reward to bring the 550 out of hiding.

and i vote for the futura, dudes in mask's and sport their skibs on the outside of their pantyhose are kinda ghey:eek:

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

God doesn't need a phone. :D
    He probably thinks it was still a mistake, right along with avocado's .

13. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

^^^ That's Funny! Cracked Me Up!...:D:D

14. I talk to him sometimes on a big white one!:eek:;)

15. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

..."and while your at it Robin, please hand me the anti shark bat repellant"

Attached Files:

16. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I thought for sure that Bruce Wayne could jump the Shark.
    [​IMG]
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................................Yeah, I bit at the bait...

17. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

18. S.F.

S.F.

its going to go for at least a million.

19. kustomrace

kustomrace

I work with a charity that does some business with B-J auctions.This has been in the works for over a year,their thought is that it will bring about 2mil...Having said that,the same was said of the Kennedy ambulance.It comes down to who's in the room.I'll be there,so I'm looking forward to watching it go down.....

20. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Regardless, it looks like it will probably be just another toy to buy for some stupidly rich guy who wants to be a 'star' at a B-J auction performance. I don't have anything against guys making tons of money and spending it on whatever they want, especially cars (and fake boobs and faces), but the cheeseball factor at those B-J auctions is hard for me to watch. Those are just purchased trophies to most of those guys. I'd ALMOST rather watch an episode of Glee.

21. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

^^^ Funny!.:D.:D.ya' knows it's gotta' be real bad when Glee is the better alternative.

22. The Batmobile on the showroom floor three weeks ago had chrome window frames. Didn't notice if they were faded chrome or not and my pics don't show for sure....it was kinda dim in there. So maybe the real one is on the floor currently?

23. 34 Hound

34 Hound

Some think the same thing about the money WE spend on our 'vanity cars'.

24. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

no. . . . don't say that.

25. wolfie1961

wolfie1961

Yep, Munster Coach, and a number of other cars. We were at his shop a few years later when he had a "garage sale". He had the Batmobile, the Bat Bike, and a few other cars there.
    He was mostly selling hats and toys, and models.

26. Do the addition of Barris crests and contemporary Ford oval emblems add to the car's provenance? Gotta love shameless self-promotion and corporate tie-ins for publicity's sake...

27. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

^^^Good 'Ol American Capitalism,...'gotta love it!...:D

28. I think the clones tend to have Edsel or Ford steering wheels and columns. The original BM still has the Futura's wheel, albeit cut down and its column/binnacle.

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

So whats the story with the 67-ish chevy batmobiles? Ive seen a few and they sure look like ass!

30. roughneck424

roughneck424

I really liked Batman as a kid and ran around the house with a towel around my neck but
    I'm going to hold out for the Deathmobile from Animal House

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.