Register now to get rid of these ads!

If you could have only ONE...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Jalopy Journal, Nov 29, 2012.

1. The Jalopy Journal

The Jalopy Journal

2. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

That was a great video. He is a true car guy an inspiration.

3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I watched it a couple times. That guy gets it. Very cool.

4. When I click on the blog this is all I get! HRP

Server not found

5. catdad49

catdad49

It sure sounds like a Hot Rod to me! This is a car guy for sure, Cat

6. greazy john

greazy john

want to go before i'm dead

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

It's nice to see one of those cars being driven like it was ment to instead of being on static display.

8. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Awesome story and video work. I don't think it's off topic at all. He is a true hot rodder, just with a different kind of car than what we regularly see. I think it's cool how he most likely makes the purists cringe. Drive on brotha!

9. He echos my thoughts exactly.....go to the very tippy top of your list of "Cars I must own" NOW! now!
    I can't believe I waited 'till I was in my late 50s to jump to the top of the list. Having a total blast building my "list topper".
    Start buying parts or saving money for your #1 car right now because we never know how long 'till we expire.
    I get the feeling he was trying to explain by just wiping dust off my car at the body shop..can't believe I REALLY own this car!!! It's a helluva feeling and I recommend it highly.

10. Pharouh

Pharouh

Great video. That's what it's all about.

Drive the freakin' thing! I can see the purists out there... Oh no! he might get a scratch on it! :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. dt50chev

dt50chev

12. deto

deto

That dude is a bad ass. Man that thing sounds sweet too...

13. von Dyck

von Dyck

If this car is off topic, then so are the Fiat Toppolino Altereds, Anglias, Austins, V-Dubs and numerous other foreign cars that we've accepted in the North American hot rod community.

14. jroberts

jroberts

The first Gullwing I ever saw was way back in about 1955. My dad was stationed near Salzburg, Austria and we often crossed the board into Germany when going to Berchtesgaden to do the tourist thing. We had stopped at the border crossing and dad took our passports to get them stamped and us approved for the crossing. While we waited there was a silver Gullwing that had stopped a bit in front of us. When the occupants got out and those doors went up I about flipped out. It was the most beautiful car I had ever seen, and it still is. I'm with the rest of the folks here in that I love it that this guy drives this car. Absolutely fantastic!

15. Showed the video at work and my friend John showed me photo's of his Gullwing which he has owned since 1978

16. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Lusted after those things for as long as I can remember.... If the sound of that big 6 being unleashed doesn't get to you, I honestly don't know what would. A friend of mine has owned some really cool collector cars and he constantly drives 'em. Let me drive his '36 Packard conv. coupe the first time I sat in it, what a thrill. Love people that DRIVE 'em!!!

17. texasmark1

texasmark1
    from Houston,TX

WOW! Yep, finally getting your number 1 is really sweet, even if it takes 20 years of restoration, desparation, and getting the kids old enough so that you have some time and a bit of extra money to get it done.

18. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's got it bad, and found the cure. Inspiring video.

19. Jake H.

Jake H.

Very cool. Can't wait to show this to my nine-year old, tomorrow.

His favorite car is a Mercedes 300SL. It's his prized ride on Forza.

What a beautiful sound. And I love how the guy describes passing it on to the next "keeper" who will drive the car.

I struggled for years with other "kinda' cool" cars until I finally told myself, "Dammit, just flip and work your way up to getting a '39 or '40 Tudor." Well, here I am!

20. Love the car and the guy's attitude about driving it! Even love the fact that he says their from California but runs Texas plates on it! Remind's me of someone else I know.....

21. Johnunit

Johnunit
    from Toronto

Beautiful.

I love that he has modern Michelins on it, too. Someone who's serious about getting the most out of a car, not running NOS or even repro bias plys to satisfy the purists.

22. woodbox

woodbox

I love the fact that he is not afraid to drive and collect trophees of the road i.e. road rash!

I think he hit the nail squarely on the head....."We are just guardians of these cars."

23. I embrace his passion, and yes it could be any car that you are in love with !

24. That gentleman 'Gets It'.

Maybe it's time for Atomic Industries to start a new site dedicated to driving the snot out of the more exotic set of cars and start a movement-Jay Leno and this gentleman with the Gullwing can't be the ONLY people out there doing with their cars what their inventors, engineers and designers intended...

25. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

This man is living correctly.

26. Like sex on wheels... Thanks for not being afraid to post.

Is it weird I want to wet sand that car naked?

27. moefuzz

moefuzz

Beautiful Car
    Beautiful Story
    Beautiful Video
    Beautiful Sound

You know, it could be a Fiat, a Zaz, a Cortina or a Cord,
    I'm just glad people still take care of all these old girls..
    ..I really don't think that any of us are the owners of any of this,
    We are just the current caretakers.

28. Lancer

Lancer

Great sounding machine right there.

29. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Nice video. That guy truly gets it. I'm only 25 but married and had kids young. When my youngest graduates ill only be 44 and our house should be paid of or nearly paid off by then. If cars are still around that far in the future that's when I'll buy my dream car

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

All I kept seeing what the radials.....just kidding! I love it!!! I would pay more for one that was driven and had a few rock chips on the front then I would for one that was stored and in show only condition. So awesome!!!

I could listen to that thing all day.

I don't know what my dream car would be. I own the cars I love and I guess my dream car would be in the "unattainable" category..... like a Ferrari 250 GTO. Still not counting it out like this guy!