Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 chevy, my first build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Runt Rodder, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Runt Rodder

Runt Rodder
    from Virginia

So, I've been putting off starting a build thread for entirely to long. We've been working on her since memorial day weekend, as time and $ allows. trying to take as many pictures as I can, but end up getting caught up in the work and forgetting quite often:rolleyes:

Pretty plain build, but it is my first. 52 5 window chevy. 350, hopefully 5 speed. will be on an s10 frame, with air ride.

will post up pics of the truck when i bought tonight.

2. Runt Rodder

Runt Rodder
    from Virginia

some pics of things so far

Attached Files:

3. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

good start.. love the old body s10 rims on whitewalls and painted red.. they should look slick with some rings

4. thayer

thayer
    from P-Hoe_Nix

nice start. keep us posted on the progress. oh, and sometimes a sawzawl is needed to cut that tough citrus. nie work

5. Runt Rodder

Runt Rodder
    from Virginia

Actually those are mock up wheels, I have a set of chrome smoothies that are going to go on it.

When you dont have a knife, hafta make do right? haha

6. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

nice! i was lookin for a chevy truck like that but all the ones i found were really rusty. then i saw that Studebaker....

7. hvychvy

hvychvy

Lookin good keep us posted.

8. lookin good so far! good luck with your build

9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

OH MY GOD!!!! Everyone knows you cut oranges with a Skilsaw, not a Sawzall (said in your best Robin Williams gay voice from Good Morning Vietnam). Other than that, I got nothing to say. Butch/56sedandelivery.

10. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Its about time you start posting some progress! Now theres proof we dont just drink beer at the shop.

11. Runt Rodder

Runt Rodder
    from Virginia

Krown here welded up the cab mounts for me the other night. Little bit of work left to do on the floor, more pics will be up this weekend. might even look like a truck?

12. sn33kyp3t3

sn33kyp3t3
    from Tucson, AZ

Nice truck. I thought I would chime in and give you some good mojo on your first build.

I am workin on my first as well, and it happens to be a '49 GMC LWB Pickup.

Glad to see another FNG working on a similar project.

13. NoClassic

NoClassic
    from DFW

Looks good.

I PMed you before checking out the thread.

Our mounts looks exactly like yours, and the cab sits about the same height as well.

14. Runt Rodder

Runt Rodder
    from Virginia

sn33kyp3t3; thanks thanx man. hoping to have rockin down the road by christmas. you have a build thread for yours?

Noclassic. thanks for all the pics and help so far, has given me food for thought while bored at work

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  15. ...I love it when a plan comes together,...good luck on yer truck.

16. Runt Rodder

Runt Rodder
    from Virginia

We got A LOT done this weekend. got everything finished on the cab, and cab bolted down, bed is almost done & mounted, temperamental welder had other ideas than having it off jack stands and having a full roller this weekend. only had 2 mounts to weld up:/ Going to try next weekend to fab up a radiator support &get firewall cut to have motor and trans sitting in the whole thing as well.

Still need to move the rear end forward a a little more than 2 inches to center it in the wheel wells, door hinges need some attention, both are sagged out a little, and have some fender to hood alignment issues that need to be dealt with.

Attached Files:

17. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Hopefully the welder lead will come in tomorow, and we can get the rear mounts welded up this weekend sometime.

18. Runt Rodder

Runt Rodder
    from Virginia

rear mounts are on, Sh'e finally off the jackstands and can bne rolled around! I'll have picture up soon

19. scottlevi

scottlevi
    from kokomo in

Do you still have the truck for sale? If so what is your best price i am very interested thanks

20. lawman

lawman

Very nice start !!!!

21. big_jae

big_jae