Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Jamco's TERRIBLE service

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shane Spencer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Marcel8u

Marcel8u

Just ordered a lowering kit without seeing this post. I guess I'll keep you guys posted and see how Jamcos service goes.

2. 5window

5window

Agreed that it should come to an end, but exactly why should everyone except recent "customers" leave? The more posts, the more this issue comes to the front page.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Has anyone paid them a personal visit? I wonder how THAT would go?

4. are none of you guys car builders.?? everybody is ordering parts.. a piece of 2x3 or 2x4 tubing and instant lowering blocks.. or a solid piece of aluminum.. you can box in the steel ones if you wanted...what did us old guys do, before you could just "order" what ever it was you needed... not being pissy, just saying....

5. Hussey, call St Louis spring and try to buy straight from them.

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Have you contacted your local spring shop? (if you have one)
    My local spring shop makes them up in any height, width, length, etc. and of solid steel block material. They're as cheap as anything I could order, and no shipping.
    I could make them myself from bar stock, but for the running around, and time I'd rather call them and order a pair to pick up the next day.

7. moregsxrs

moregsxrs

I've been there. It looks like more than one business is being run out of a relatively small space. At first no one was there mid-day. When I came back, one guy was there with the phone ringing constantly while He was trying to help me. He was trying, but it definitely isn't a one-man operation.

8. Speedway, you'll have them in two days

9. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

This is a tough one. Would I be more pissed that it took so long to get my lowering blocks, or that I paid $62.95 for a pair of freaking lowering blocks?

10. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

i dont really have a local spring shop, and the one place that does some chassis and spring work, though not alot, is full of people who are far worse than jamcos customer service people.

ill call night prowlers tomorrow. couldnt find 2" wide on there website but ill give em a ring

11. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Thanks, I might check them out. I've heard of a place called Coil Spring Specialties in St. Mary's, KS about an hour from KC.

http://www.coilsprings.com/

Theres a couple of post on here giving them a good rating. I called them up a while back and they were very helpfull. They custom build springs. They'll can build a spring with a lower ride height and increased spring rate based on factory specs or they'll can even take your existing springs, measure them, then build you a spring to the amount you want it lowed (in case your old springs are sagging). They said they'll gaurantee it to within a 0.25 in.

12. white

white
    from bismarck

After reading alot of the negatives about jamco i ordered their front hd sway bar for a 51 ford. Payed using pay pal. 20% off. received them in nine days. No problem.

13. 5window

5window

Glad you got your parts, but one exception doesn't correct tons of neglect and bad service. You're a trusting soul-I wouldn't have sent them a dime.

14. white

white
    from bismarck

5-WINDOW. BY using pay-pal I was protected. I knew the sway bar was shipted from the manufacture. Any other questions or concerns.

15. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

It's a shame people still do business with companies like this. Just because you were lucky and recieved your stuff does not negate the fact lots of people are getting screwed by these guys. As long as people keep sending them they're money it allows them to stay afloat longer and continue to treat other customers like shit. It's like knowing your neighbor is a murderer but still bieng his buddy because he "hasn't killed me yet"... Stop doing business with Jamco and they will either go away or be forced to do it the right way. Relying on paypal or cc to protect you should not be the solution. This is a community and we should "out" those who dont have our best interests in mind.

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

the company really went down the shitter real quick,its sad that this happened and apparently they dont give a shit either

17. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

just out of interest, are their products made in th USA? Do they make them themselves or have some one do it and clip the ticket on the way through? If they do can you not go direct to the original manufacturer? Gotta say I have been tempted by their emails I get every couple of months but these threads put me off.
    Cheers
    Andy.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  18. Marcel8u

Marcel8u

Got my order within the 3 week period that they said but it was hard to contact them just to check on the order.

19. 5window

5window

Good to know. Santa is real! It remains mystifying why some things go as scheduled-like yours-yet there are so many other posts of a truly negative nature.

The fact that you got your order in a timely manner-but still had trouble contacting them-sure doesn't encourage anyone else to sample the experience. Good luck with your build.

20. my experience ordering from them went well. from ordering online, to customer service (both email and voice conversation) to recieving my order in a timely manner.
    so i for one can't complain

21. blucar

blucar

I contacted Jamco as a result of an article I read in a car magazine and an online story about lowering a '49-50 Olds 88.. Jamco has rear springs for same that will lower an Olds 2" and reputedly not effect the ride...
    I called them, left a message to return my call which they did later in the day... I described my needs, was quoted a delivery time and the price.. The springs showed up within a few days of the promised date...
    The springs were as advertized, heavier gauge wire and shorter than stock...
    No problems.... It could be that Jamco, like many business', are fighting to stay alive in the soft economy we have been dealing with....

22. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

3 months now since they charged my card, I just want to know the status of my order...no luck.

last thuesday I thought I try to send a message via facebook, as they also post stuff on facebook. wednesday I got the reply "I will look up your order in the morning when I get in the office", well 4 days gone but no further information... I don't think that is a way to treat a customer that already paid!

23. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Shitty customer service is not gonna help them stay alive in this economy. If indeed they are "fighting to stay alive" they should step they're game up and take care of each and every customer 100% instead of picking and choosing who gets they're stuff. All this bad press can't be good for a struggling bussiness, especially in a tough economy.

24. Marcel8u

Marcel8u

Customer service is where it's at growing or in a slow economy that's where most companies lose focus and try to make as much money for stockholders but forget about the employee/customer needs.