Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Jamco's TERRIBLE service

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shane Spencer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

hey fellas, idk what your guys experience has been with jamco but mine has sucked ass. i ordered a set of 2" blocks from them. never recieved an email to confirm the order. called a week later, said they had no record of the order and they had to find it, which they did and confirmed the order was ready to process. called again 3 days later after i heard nothing back about shipment, had to find the order info AGAIN, and the guy also claimed he was packaging orders now and that mine was in line to be shipped that day. called again 5 days later and they had to AGAIN find my order info which seemed to be lost or unavailable everytime i called, and now they claimed my items were on backorder after the previous guy claimed he was packaging it and had received the shipment of blocks. they said they would give me a call when the order shipped and they thought the items would come within 3 days max. call again a week later, and the sales rep gives my info to his boss, doesnt really give a shit about anything i have to say or about the ridiculous delay and cuts the conversation off short. still have no idea what the order status is. ive never heard back from them at any point. as far as im concerned jamco can go f themselves. i dont want to cancel the order at this point because god knows how long thatll take to see my money back. im in no rush in my build but a month for a set of blocks that were supposed to be "in stock" is insane. and the service is absolutely horrible

2. Really there has got to be about 10 threads on the HAMB about how crappy their service is? They have been dropped from the Alliance venders list because of all the complaints. I continue to be amazed that people don't research companies before shelling out their money.

3. Movinman

Movinman

You should have done a little research here before you ordered your blocks from them. use the search button if you want to see what I am talking about.

4. jerseymike

jerseymike

there are a million threads on here about how bad they are. at least one a week. if your not going to do a search first, it's hard to feel sorry for anyone. they suck! if you can take the time to write a thread knocking them then you can take the time to do a search first.

5. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

They sell lowering blocks at pep boys.

6. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I was gonna say, most parts stores I've been in have lowering blocks on the shelf. Jamco has had a bad reputation for awhile.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. 5window

5window

x about 27. Do yourself a favor now and cancel the order. You'll never get satisfaction,you'll only get frustrated waiting. Hopefully, you paid them by credit card??

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cancel the order through your credit card. don't waste time with them anymore.

9. It bares repeating,,,ask questions before you spend your hard earned money.

Jamco like several others have a bad reputation for poor service,,before & after the sale with the membership here. HRP

10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Best advice is type in the name of the company on Google search followed by the word "complaints",try it with JAMCO if you decide to read it all pack a lunch.

11. sideweeler

sideweeler
    from searcy AR

this is the very reason i did mustang II on my 51 instead of jamco, i kept reading people complaining about the service, and some about never getting their parts at all. so i just spent the extra money for what i knew i wouldn't have a problem getting. some people on here don't like the fact that i used mustang II, but i wasn't willing to take a chance on jamco with my money. if the company doesn't care no more than that for how they do business, then they should just sell out to someone who will.

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Name's appropriate. So many customers ended up telling them to 'Jam it' they decided it was Jam City!
    Shortened to 'Jam Company', then 'Jamco'. Read that on 'Snopes'.

13. Fenders

Fenders

Call Jamco and cancel the order.
    If you paid by CC you just don't pay that part of your bill (if jamco charged it, which they should not do anyway until the order is processed). And include a note to your CC company saying why you dispute the charge.

14. 54LedSled

54LedSled

I understand why some people go through JAMCO to get lowering blocks, because like me they probabley need a smaller than 2" wide block (standard sell at auto parts stores) so you have to search for company that sells them in a 1 3/4" wide vs. making them yourself. In some cases is just cheaper to make them yourself than go through the hassle.

15. Metallicat

Metallicat
    BANNED
    from Bay Area

Or you could buy the $30 pep boy blocks and just grind em down 1/8 inch on either side.

16. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

I had heard about there service before, but i bought a set of blocks from them for my 54 ford and they came in under a week. I figured for such a simple order it couldnt be too bad. Plus i was catching hell trying to find the right width blocks. It just amazes me how bad they are even tho i kinda led myself to it.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

JAMCO's not the only company that sells suspension parts for a '51.

18. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Well i canceled the order. So all is good

19. dt50chev

dt50chev

I too thought about using Jamco, some people have good luck with them. Too many complaints though so others will get my money.

20. not worth the hassel .... sucks . for every 15 bad things i hear 1 good out of them... life too short .

21. 5window

5window

What really gets me is that they are here on the HAMB, but rarely try to defend themselves or work with the folks waiting to set things right. It appears they really don't give a hoot about their rep or their customers. Not the best business model.

22. I can not believe they are still in business. I wonder if they have other jobs and Jamco is a part time gig.

23. Cooon

Cooon

Took 14 months for them to get some brake parts sent out, so so frustarting. I really cannot believe they can be so useless.

24. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

x2, how they stay in business is beyond me. anyways does anyone have a link on 2" wide blocks ? everywhwere i look seems to be 2 1/2 or 3. or 1 3/4. i dont wanna run pep boys or autozone blocks. i know two people who have had blocks crack that they picked up at the local parts counter

25. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Have you tried Nightprowlers? I got me four inch blocks for my 49 Poncho with no problems.

26. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

I've been tempted several times to but a set of lowering springs from Jamco when I recieve their promo codes but all the bad rap for them steers me away. I can't believe this place is still in business. Maybe their poor service stems from having more business than they can handle so that's what keeps them going. I think it would all have to crash on them sooner or later.

27. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

i always order from nightprowlers when i need something. quick delivery on their stuff.

28. is night p website back to normal??

29. Glad I read this thread today. I was looking at jamco's new front suspension for my 50. Who else makes a ball joint front end for a 50 shoebox. As for night prowlers they are fantastic the lady that answered the phone had all the time in the world to make sure everything was what I wanted, and it was.

30. slammed

slammed

The recent frustrated customers this does not apply to you. BUT a few of you ( on nearly every JAMCO post) need to move on. This on going tragedy needs come to an end. Stop taking your chances and SCOUR the market for an alternative. Period.