Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got punched in Dennison,MN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1947vert, Nov 28, 2012.

1. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Yesterday I took my 1935 Ford Rootlieb hood sides down to Dan(rouye56wingnut), in Dennison to have some louvers punched. Earlier this year Dan had punched a steel decklid skin that I bonded to the glass decklid. I am very pleased with the new look the car is taking on. Eventually the car will become a more traditional look coupe with rubber boards, bumpers front and rear, and 39 chev headlights. Hope to squirt it black. Please excuse the non HAMB friendly wheels. They will be gone soon.

Attached Files:

2. Great looking louvers. Sounds like you're taking what was a nice street rod and turning it into a nice Hot Rod and that's a good thing.:)

3. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

looks good!

4. NUMBER

NUMBER
    from MN

Louvers look great!
    Am I to assume the black you "squirt" on the car will be Deltron?

5. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Here's a better look at the car, the decklid skin,attachment process, and the finished lid. Of course it will be shot in Deltron black!

Attached Files:

6. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Always good to have you down and share stories . Changed out the dies and put in the 2" ones , and readjusted the laser sights . Nice to have someone on the other end that cares about the outcome . Had a nice day and after Jim left I finished up the hood sides for a 50 chev truck with 3 5/8" dies .

Attached Files:

7. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

great looking louvers! Nice work Dan!

8. 331 ABOD

331 ABOD
    from minnesota

Fine looking '35 ,and the lovers say "hot rod". What did you use to bond the steel skin and did it require you to buy their applicator as well ?

9. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

Is your price per louver?...or each job is bid?
    Thanks Hellvis

10. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

It runs 3.00 per plus setup if it is a panel with alot of cuves and such . That also is if the hood is stripped and supports are removed . However I can also do this at a fee.Call if interested 507-263-7411 Dan

11. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Great looking louvers...........nice job

12. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

331 ABOD I used 3M structural adhesive. I took the glass lid down to gellcoat. Put black DP Epoxy primer down where you could see through the open louver. I made a fixture for the lid to lay upside down in.That was important so I could tell when the steel skin met the lid. I then cut about 50 wooden blocks that matched the width of the lids jamb area. Made 4 alignment marks to align to, then trialed the process twice before I applied the adhesive. Yes you do need a 3M applicator gun to apply the 2 part adhesive correctly. Worked out very well the lid fits like a glove.