Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two Lane Blacktop rare photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy junkie, Dec 10, 2008.

1. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

i agree me too

2. Fasteddies69

Fasteddies69

[​IMG] Just thought I would see if anyone liked my car. Can only get one picture at a time.

Frederic John Maturo and Baron like this.
  3. Fasteddies69

Fasteddies69

[​IMG] I'm trying to post several. Working on it. I will try one more time

4. Fasteddies69

Fasteddies69

[​IMG] Well no luck yet, It is a 477cid with a super T-10 and a 12 bolt with a 4.56. The funnest car I own out of 12 cars.

5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I wonder if he has permission( copyrighted ) to use Fred Flinstone

6. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Here's a rare one - from the 1950 University of Louisville Thoroughbred yearbook:
    [​IMG]
    And yes, he was in the drama club - got the lead in his first play there.

7. bullittrob

bullittrob
    from london

8. Redneck55

Redneck55
    from Sparta, Mo

Walt B bought the car out of eastern Canada. There's a photo somewhere on his website with New Brunswick plates on it. Before that, the car was in Ontario, where the original fibeglass doors were sold to a guy with a gasser.

Here's the story:

http://twolaneblacktop.yuku.com/rep...The-Original-Two-Lane-Blacktop-55-Chevy-Doors

9. slammed

slammed

This Plumb Wild car still around?

10. abone1930

abone1930

If any body has Comcast cable, Two lane blacktop is in the free movie section on Demand.:D

11. spdmrcht

spdmrcht
    from ca.

Does any one out there have the web site address for 2 Lane Blacktop on
    the yahoo group, my puter crashed and I lost it. Thanks in advance.

12. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

13. Late bloomer, so I guess I'll just subscribe. :D

14. Snake hit

Snake hit
    from calif. LA

Dennis Wilson rest in peace!

15. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

often wondered how sweet baby james got the part . he must have had a good manager.........................

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

17. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Thank God he can Sing he sure cant act

18. I'd love to restore that one... Poor 55...

I love the movie. Its a trip, its not a movie like you normally see, its like being alive in the 70's, or so I would think...

A few years back, after a night of alot of indulging, my friends and I watched it, imagine that a bunch of 18yr olds, but after a long night of getting messed up, they under stood it, and liked it. It was good.

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

GTO is a pathalogical liar in the film....he tells a different story to every person who gets in the car: He was a test pilot,a tv producer,he is working for GM.....his character is a schizo masterpiece!lol!
    That is one of the things that makes the movie so great:He cant handle how screwed up his life is,so he has to reinvent himself to deal with reality.
    He also has a different coloured sweater on every damn time you see him...lol!

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

That just shows that he doesnt know how to install a set of new valve seals...lol

21. I wondered if I was the only one that noticed how many times the color of his sweaters changed.

22. greybeard360

greybeard360

Wow... some people here don't know who Big Willie was? (Willie passed away this past year, his wife Tomiko a couple of years ago). Check this out for a little info : http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/tag/international-brotherhood-of-street-racers/

I still have my membership card from the Pomona chapter in my billfold. I was at one of the film shoots with all of the street racer one night... somewhere in the background. Did a whole lot of standing around that night... LOL. Never saw any of the stars, not even sure they were there that night !!

Yes, I bought the boxed set a few years ago..... :)

23. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

He should've been checking the plugs instead.:rolleyes: so they wouldn't foul one and end up sitting along side the as the guy in the GTO speed right past them.

24. Isn't that Big Willie in the opening scene?

[​IMG]

25. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

The 55's were built by Richard Ruth,I am not sure what part if any was done by Hardy.
    The camera car,the one with air is the car owned by Walt Bailey,and taken to several events each year.

26. What a cool job. :D

27. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like most of the people I meet at car shows.

Finn Jensen likes this.
  28. powrshftr

powrshftr

What,you mean the ones who tell you their brother had a car just like yours 30 yrs ago....except it had the 427 Hemi and a 5 speed and it was the only car that would pull the wheels right off the showroom floor...?:)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

The Plumb Wild car is long gone. I am 40 now and the last time I saw the car I was probably 18. More than 22 years ago! When I saw the car it was in the compound at Corey Autowreckers in London, Ontario. You could literally put your fingers through the quarters! it had no motor or drivetrain. It was in really rough condition then. Remember it was a Canadian car? One of our salt victims! Sadly this car has long been crushed.
    Jay

30. twomorestrokes

twomorestrokes

Cool old thread. I stumbled on it while Googling "Two Lane Blacktop GTO" and "Ironside". Couldn't find what I was looking for but I just watched an episode of Ironside and the GTO was an "extra" parked in a lot next to a car that the crook was in.