Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Rouser Dragster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Kimberly Rader Flynn, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Hello! Looking for any info on an old dragster from late 1950s early 60s that my Dad and his brother owned and ran in and around some of the old drag strips here in Kentucky? His name is Denzil Rader and any info or even better any pics would be greatly appreciated as we seem to not be able to find any! The car was a red 1932 Plymouth and the name was, "The Rebel Rouser!"

Thanks,
    Kim

2. kennkat

kennkat

Be good if you had pix.. Pix help jog memories... at my age anyway!:D:D:D

3. KY Boy

KY Boy

[​IMG]

Here you go Kim. This picture may help you find the car or more info about it.

Fellow HAMBers I know Kim's dad well and he mentored me a lot when I was young. I cant count the hours I've spent in his garage. He is a top notch person and definitely built cars the old school way...before it was old school. I'd give anything to help him find this car. Rumor has it the car may still be in one piece in the Carolinas somewhere. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

@Moderator do you think this post would get more hits in the main forum? if so, can you move?

Thanks all,
    JP

4. kentucky

kentucky

This is the best picture I have seen of the Rebel Rouser. Hopefully someone will recognize it. It would be cool if we could move it over to the main forum.

5. KY Boy

KY Boy

Update to the search. The car was found in a barn less than 100 miles away from where they live.

[​IMG]

the car has a different frame and the 427 FE is gone but the yellow lexan is all there and so are the gauges, etc. It will be a great start on a killer project.

They are hoping to buy the car back and do a restoration back to the 60's style as the picture above.

JP

6. captmullette

captmullette

lucky guy. man what a good deal....

7. abone1930

abone1930

I dig this car, anymore picks or info on it anybody? Let's help them out Hamb :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

427rouser likes this.