Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 gasser garage find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, Nov 21, 2012.

1. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

You sure thats an olds rear? Lippy

2. Wow Cool! Saw this one being pulled on a trailer on the 210 fwy Wednesday morning on my way to work. I just about got whiplash when I spotted it....

3. slammed

slammed

4. Great tip, especially since we really don't know yet. We haven't had a chance to turn a nut yet ,but busting to get started.

5. Should be a Pontiac since it has spring perches right, didn't a lot of the Olds have control arm rear suspension in those years?

6. That was Gil Muro, taking it out to "the ranch" for a little TLC, to help bring it out of hybernation.

7. Hey Ric, Groovy '56!!! You'll have to tell me more about it at work on Monday. If this one is going to be a keep, you're Mopar S/S 383 would look really cool in there and run just as good too. Just my "slant" on things, LOL!

Mike

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. More lic on monday, I can't figure out how to down load them from my phone, so I got to use my computer at work.

9. More pics! Sheesh, fricken auto correct!

10. Gasserdriver

Gasserdriver

Makes me wish I haden't sold my 56, LOL.

Fred

11. Ricci32

Ricci32

I think the seats are MGA seats

12. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

13. Its just friggen crazy how sano the interior is in this thing with the exception that the seats need to be re-foamed. Every time you sit in it
    the old crispy foam falls out of the bottom. Even the flat black paint on the paint dividers is sano, the stainless looks like you just took it out of a new old stock box. I talked to a Mopar buddy over the holiday, he is gonna bring me an early push button torque flight when he comes out for the Winternationals.

14. Never Done

Never Done
    from Norway

I am not sure if it is Austin Healey 100/6 (1956-59). or another sports car.
    Austin healey sprite has the same seats with the stripes to the top of the seat.
    [​IMG]

But it is not MGA seats.

15. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Way Cool Man! Congrats on the find!

16. Cool! Thanks for the photo, of the Healy seats

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  17. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

nice,another badassed chevy ill never own.awesome find man ,injected 331 my vote.

18. slammed

slammed

Mucho thanks for the detailed pix!!!

19. waterhorse

waterhorse

Nice find Ric, I'll have to stop by the ranch and check it out. Love them 'five sixes.

Greg

20. SJLippoldt

SJLippoldt
    from Hays

21. dmorago

dmorago

Ric, this 56 project is not Yesterday's Child prior to restoration? Dick

22. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

The more I see, the cooler it gets

23. No, this is a "new find". My brother Marc and I took our cars to Pomona during the afternoon, and hung out in the pits, the same Wednsday we saw you at the twilight cruise. While some racer/friends were checking out the cars, Danny Gracia from NHRA came buy to take a look. He asked if I wanted another '56 Gasser and said come over to the tech trailer, I'll show you some picks, its stashed at my paint shop 15 minutes away. The first pic I saw I knew I was in trouble. I had to pass because I'm out of room and was a little lean on cash, so I called my friend Gil at The Hot Rod Ranch. After he saw some pics he was smitten too, so he contacted a friend who is always up for a " flip" or a keeper who bought the car the next Tuesday for the asking price which was very reasonable. We had to act quick because the car had not yet.been advertised, nor had anyone really gotten to look at it. The next day, I was talking about the car to Dave Calvert who I work with at CP-Carrillo, he asked if the car was available, and I said yes but Gil and his customer will probably want a little mote for their trouble, Dave said that was fine and asked.if I wanted.to be partners, and how could I possibly say no to a good friend or this '56, so here we are.

24. I am at the PRI show in Orlando this weekend. I talked to Nick Boninfante Jr. who works for Kalitta Racing. He and his dad Nick Sr. Are very involved with Raybestos clutches and Nick Sr. grew up racing in Pa. When I get home I'll get all the info on the car I have, especially the tracks it raced at back east, and both Nicks will also try to find out who originally built the car. PS. While here I got another lead on a 55 hardtop Gasser stashed near me in Ca. Stay tuned.

25. z-4wheldrft

z-4wheldrft
    from s.e.pa.

any more on the pa. connection