Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs **BadLuck 52 Part 2- Paint**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuck, Jun 9, 2012.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks guys!

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks buddy, yeah that Pontiac trim looks so good on the chevys:)
    thanks, appreciate it.. the flake was one made by my local paint supply.. the smallest size.. just sprayed base coat, then used a binder for the flake, which is basically paint without color pigment, then 4 coats of clear...wet sanded down..and shot a few more coats of clear. I used a paint gun with the larger tip to spray the flake.. put a few nuts in the container and shook while spraying.. wasnt hard at all.. just have to lay even coats.. good luck :)
    thanks.. the color was tweaked and custom mixed. it started as a Ford Kiwi Metallic.. but had it lightened and more green added. I can see if i can get some kind of code that would be useful for you :)

3. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

NICE WORK! I can't get over how straight you got that body, being and amateur and all!
    I really really like it, but my favorite part is the fact you drive the shit out of it! Cars are meant to be drivin!
    Keep up the good work!

4. Your car's looking great.
    Did you ever get the trunk seal on? I gave on getting mine to fit right and used a universal door seal on the underside of the runk lid.

5. lorodz

lorodz

yes def im really diggin that color alot..

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks.. i missed a few spots still.. but overall im happy.. i rather have a few flaws and say i did it.. than have a perfect car built by somebody else!

whats up buddy.. hell no! haha i gave up too.. that thing was frustrating haha.. where did you get your universal one from? how did it work out?
    thanks.. took me MONTHS to get the color to match the one i saw in my mind!:D

7. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Looking awesome man!

8. lorodz

lorodz

oh ya know what else i wanted to know. what are those hub caps there not fiesta caps what are they and did you install the bullets on them ..im diggin them also

9. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks.. actually got them from a guy on here from Michigan.. ive never seen them before.. they are like the crossbar hub caps without the bars.. the bullet was already on them..and looks like the cap wasnt altered at all.. so im sure you can probably find them somewhere.. but i havent seen them yet :)

10. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks buddy..yours is coming along awesome..cant wait to see the finished result!

11. I just found it on the shelf at a local parts shop. It's from Vintique Inc. SR-701980-L, Street Rod universal door seal, 39/64" wide x 23/64" thick. It's shaped like a D with adhesive on the flat side, you just peal off the paper and stick it on.

I cut off a small piece, removed the paper backing then balanced it on the edge of the truck jamb were it looked like the seal should touch to keep out the water. Then carefully shut the trunk lid, the section of the seal stuck to the underside of the lid so I pealed it off and placed the new seal in the same spot all the way around the trunk lid.

Hope that helps.

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

awesome buddy.. so you just ran it on the trunk lid only right? I think im gonna do the same thing you did, thanks so much for the info

13. Amen brother!
    Definitely something to be proud of
    Lol

Quitter
    I managed to get mine figured out, if you'd like some tips....

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. BadLuck

BadLuck

lol! share your secret Mr. Knocker! i feel like im trying to solve a Rubiks Cube when trying mine :D

15. We're all waiting Mr. Knocker. I got the back part on that goes in the jamb under the rear window but Like BadLuck said the piece that goes on the trunk lid just not fitting right.

16. Mr. Knocker.....pfffft :p You guys are FUNNY

In case you didn't get instructions, I scanned mine for ya, and here are a few pictures.

Your using a good weatherstrip contact cement right?
    wipe it on both the body and the rubber, then stick 'em together. I worked about 18 - 24" at a time.

I did the piece that goes on the body first. Then I marked the trunk with a piece of tape where it ends on both sides.
    They don't overlap.
    I actually did the trunk one twice (if your carefull, you can pull it off and redo it)
    My first try was at 45 deg, but the trunk wouldn't close :rolleyes: so I flattened it off (more parallel with the lip) the second time.

Oh, and it will be tight. but a few days closed and it will squish down and be easier to close

hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  17. RayMiller

RayMiller

It looks so good dude really too notch quality! Can't wait to see the fully finished product cause its stunning right now.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks so much Sir.Knocker.. this helps ALOT.. im gonna give it another go now..pics are super helpful

hey thanks alot Ray...glass soon!

19. BadLuck

BadLuck

tricked out my tail light a bit....

[​IMG]

20. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

I noticed this before love it!

21. dt50chev

dt50chev

Cool, where did you get the bullet shaped glass for the taillight?

22. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks buddy.. actually these are better.. found some with a small chrome bezel.. found them at a trucker accessory shop :D

23. BadLuck

BadLuck

check out any trucker shops.. they have some neat stuff in there:)

24. loweredd

loweredd

Just read all 26 pages of this and I have to say, this is very very cool. LOVE the flake.

25. BadLuck

BadLuck

thats alot of pages! thanks buddy. gotta LOVE flake!

26. Car looks good man, I like the color!

27. 1961SPECIAL

1961SPECIAL

i usually skip to the last page...but man i had to read all 26! So much goodness going on!

28. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks guys

29. TennesseeZ

TennesseeZ

I didn't read every word, just most of it, Man that thing is Gorgeous!! Absolutely beautiful, If I didn't see the date I'd swear it was built in 1963 or so. Looks just like something I'd have read in Rod&Custom when I was a teen. Cannot tell you how impressed I am with your driveway build. Period perfect, driveway built, and most important, DRIVEN! It don't get much better than that. Major kudos, now I gotta read the build part.

30. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks TennesseeZ, thats quite a compliment.. thanks again :)