Register now to get rid of these ads!

1933 - 34 Willys Info / Pics needed..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kennkat, Nov 23, 2012.

1. kennkat

kennkat

I need a little help from you Willys guys out there. I am working on a pair of Willys, a 33 Coupe & 34 Sedan. I believe that likely due to the lack of available parts and information these 2 cars have been recently fitted with incorrect Gas Pedals. I have included the pix of what I have available for comparison. The short gas pedal while fitting nicely just does not look to have the "Willys shape" ? The 35 - 41 gas pedals I have that are verifiable as stock are nearly the same in size and shape. I have no known accurate STOCK 33 - 34 Gas Pedal examples.. A major problem that jumps out at me is not only the long lengths of these pedals, but also the "ball & socket" lower pivot, the Willys seem to be a hinge type of pivot... Another item of doubt to me is the difference in a car with rubber floor mats as opposed to the carpeted cars?? Help, please and post me your Pix and offer opinions of the pedal pix here please... Trying to restore these two cars as correctly as possible..:):):)

Attached Files:

2. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

I would try to get in contact with Robert Inman who lives in the Memphis area. I think that he still has a couple of original 77s His # is listed in the NSRA Fellow Pages as
    (901)867-3184. He should be able to help.
    Bill Carroll

3. fxcomet

fxcomet

4. kennkat

kennkat

:) Thanks but that is a "Studebaker" script pedal...:)

5. kennkat

kennkat

6. kennkat

kennkat

7. Not sure if 35s peddles are the same as 33-34s. Heres my 35,was converted to right hand drive in 36 with OE Willys parts.JW [​IMG]

8. kennkat

kennkat

I have a "feeling" that they are the same. All the info I have seen so far points me that way...
    and yes, your RH drive conversion looks exactly like the 3 Gennie Aussie cars I have here... A 33 sedan, 35 Phaeton & Roadster, but....
    I need the good 'ol LH drive American style...:):):):)

9. [​IMG]Its not an aussie car, it came from the US in 36. JW :)

10. fxcomet

fxcomet

Doh! That's what I get for looking without my glasses on.:)
    :)

11. kennkat

kennkat

:):):) That's great!! the Left hand drive American gas pedal should still look like NEW!! :D:D:D Wanna sell it?? lol! :D:D:D Thanx

12. Ha, couldnt let it go , i've had it for 31 years and it does still go ! When i have got my T rpu on the road early next year i will tickle up my 37 Willys sedan and then the 35 which i think will stay looking like a barn find. Cheers, JW :)

13. Have a laugh at that dash. JW :)[​IMG]