Register now to get rid of these ads!

T Speedster fan from Nebraska

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by T27owner, Nov 13, 2012.

1. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Just joined, big fan of pre '60s cars. Have a '27 t coupe I inherited from my dad who bought it in 1956. It's stock and will stay that way because it's my dad's car. He collected allot of parts starting after ww2 mostly T, I don't know how he got them home because he drove a '50 Chevy Sedan. So I have a real good group of t parts to start a speedster, just picked up a frame one thing he didn't collect. I will be needing a few more things and have seen allot of neat ideas on the HAMB. Look forward to picking some brains and sharing ideas, probably will start building engine first. Stock T block, no mag, distributor, buzz box or true fire ignition not sure which, play with pipes and manifold (my dad was a Fahnestock fan so I have the secrets of model t speed) lower chassis 4" so on and so forth.

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome from the SW part of the state. I would like to know more about your T Speedster plans. I have a very good oldtimer friend back in the Boston area that has built and raced a few back in the day. A lot of days!! Beautiful cars with a ton of appeal. Please keep us updated on progress...words and photos.

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Hi Bob you should post some pics of your T, Talk to you later Tim Jones

4. kennkat

kennkat

Hello & welcome from Twain Harte, California

5. Welcome ... :D

I just spent a couple days in Alma

I love Nebraska, I have a good friend in Lexington

You guys have a decent college football team in Lincoln - right ? .. ;)

Jim

6. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

7. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

When I figure out how to post a pic, I'll get some up. Thanks for the welcome

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Welcome from CT...

9. 52ragtop

52ragtop
    from Nebraska

Welcome from a fellow Shucker.. Looking forward to seeing your T

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I'll look you up at work tomorrow and show you ' Hell if i can do it anybody can Talk to you later Tim Jones

11. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

[​IMG]
    Hope I got picture posted, this is what i pulled from the iron pile with some other rusty goodies. Like Dragsled said when I showed him this "your almost done". Winter might slow me down but when I start the build I keep ya posted. Going for a rat speedster.

Attached Files:

12. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

[​IMG]
    Still trying to figure out picture thing with Mac. Hope this post build is almost there, firewalls are nice to have.

13. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Here it is the base for my build,the body is up in the air. Have an idea of what i want,but what i was going to use was sent to the shredder JD 12a combine. So i'm looking for another.It's going to be a slow build no heat in my garage. so might have to do the motor in the basement first.

Attached Files:

14. welcome from the old world, i'm not from Nebraska, but my car is.. stayed most of its life in Franklin area. where do you live there?

are you gonna start a built thread about the speedster? i'd like to watch! ;)

Carsten

15. huskersnb2

huskersnb2
    from nebraska

welome friend this is a nice site to be mamber alot of cool things on here im n nebraska city ne

16. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

I will start a build page, still need a few things. I am about 250 miles east of Franklin in Omaha. Sorry about the multi post my Mac learning curve is slow.

17. hI Bob..glad to see you found us. I gotta get down to the Zoo to see you, Gary, Tim and all the old rodders. I miss hangin with you guys.
    My 34 is coming along pretty good...photo below.
    Wayne, AKA Rocky here on the board.

Attached Files:

18. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Wayne nice body (nothin personnel) good to see what you are up to. Haven't made up my mind yet, like to keep it rusty pre-war parts. Stop by