Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Autographs...who ya got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan in Canada, Nov 22, 2012.

1. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got Frank Oddo's personalized autograph in one of his books that I bought, must have cost $15 :)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. GREASER815

GREASER815

All I have are these.

Attached Files:

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I have a few, none of them are really special. I also have my own, funny how that one just isn't worth that much :D

4. It started on a whim 24 years ago with Johnny Maestro and progressed from there. Have quite a few after all these years. All are either car related personalities or "oldie" artists.
    Anyone that ever signed it seemed to more than enjoy doing so. At one Lead East show I had a guy say to me that Willie Winfield of The Harptones would like to sign the car.I called his hotel room phone number, which was given to me, and he came to the parking lot at 11pm to meet me.
    Pictured is Bruce Larson.

Attached Files:

5. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I have Don Prudohmme, John Force, Kenny Bernstein, Ed Roth,

6. 94hoghead

94hoghead

George Barris......

7. deadbeat

deadbeat

Doc you are a legend.To have an autograph from ol "tin legs" is outstanding.I remember reading about him in school.How did you get to meet him?

8. I would never go hunting for autographs, but if I'm sitting in my car with somebody and they want to sign it. I say go for it.
    George Barris, Gene Winfield, Bo Huff, Chip Foose.......

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'm not into autographs but have a signed picture by Paul Lemat and a baseball signed by Joe Dimaggio. Saw Linda Vaughn signing pictures a few weeks ago at a car show but didn't get one. I just ogled Linda.

10. Carrol Shelby's twice...from SAAC Dearborn

11. huskersnb2

huskersnb2
    from nebraska

I dont have a autographes of car people but i have over 1500 nebraska football auotgraphes we went and got them all hand signed 1971 football champions 1994 1995 and 1997 autographed championship balls and every head coach since 1962 and I got tom osborne to meet my mother before she passed in 2000 so thas why my name is huskersnb2 i am a avid colllectors of memorabillia and none is for sale

12. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I had Smokey Yunick sign my circle track mag when i was in daytona 1993

13. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Got Buster Couch on the back of a U.S.Nationals credential.

14. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

I have several NHRA Funny Car drivers autographs on a John Force roof hatch. It still has the latch, hinges, blistered paint, and clutch dust.
    Here's the list:
    Mike Neff
    Tim Wilkerson
    Jeff Arend
    Tony Pedregon
    Jim Head
    John Force
    Gary Densham
    Don Prudomme
    Mike Dunn
    Kenny Bernstein
    Ashley Force
    Ron Capps
    Del Worsham
    Jack Beckman
    Robert Hight
    Tommy Johnson
    Bob Tasca III
    Ed McCulloch
    Gary Sceizi
    Johh Medlen (Eric's Dad)

Attached Files:

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Mark Donohue is the only one I've got.

tommyd likes this.
  16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Earnest Hemmings in St. Ignace a few years back. He signed the Hemmings Motor News I bought.

17. tatersgravy

tatersgravy
    from midwest

It's not hot-rod related but, I've got "Michael Jordon's" signature (right out of college) on a leather basketball.
    Also, "John Elways" signature on a "Football."
    And, "Robert Redford's" signature on a 8x10 photo which is quite rare as he does not (usually) do autographs.
    "Oh" one more.
    Remember "Festes" of "Gun-Smoke" I've got a short note and his autograph signed to me on a neck-er-chef that he used to wear while filming.
    That 's it for me!

18. Curt B

Curt B

Stafford Texas 1979 I'm waiting to pay in a Radio Shack and the clerk asks the guy in front of me his name to which he replies "Frank Beard". I freak out like a schoolgirl, ask if he is who I think he is then talk a bit ask about their upcoming album (Deguello) and he writes down for me "Red beans and nicely yours, Frank Beard-ZZ Top"

19. Famous car drivers,Rock stars,Atheletes,Movie stars......Right place at right time I guess.......The one I would really cherrish is Big Daddy himself.
    Everyone else- It was to talk to and get a vibe.
    Unless they put they're chonnies on different than me-they're just people too.....If you act "normal",they seem to respond a lot easier and will give you the time if you have a Q.
    You'de be surprised at who was cool,and who was an ass!-But,maybe they were having a bad day or something. But- if I was"a public" figure, I'de try to be cool amongst people who at least wanted to say hello.
    Some are really down to earth,and some are just caught up in themselves=humans.

20. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I've gotten a few over the years that were kinda neat and some from some real nice heroes of mine, nearly all in racing. But my absolute favorites were gotten at Laguna Seca back in '03 at the Historic Races during Ford's 100th anniversary. My wife snagged the very last pass to the autograph tent and I was lucky enough to meet so many of the legends of racing from back when it meant something as well as have them autograph an event poster. I had it framed and it hangs in my garage right next to my autographed John "Freight Train" Peters pic. It includes such Ford legends as Carrol Shelby, Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, Parnelli Jones, Lloyd Ruby, Dick Hutcherson, Ed Leslie, Phil Remington, Sir John Whitmore and a whole bunch of others, all of whom were the most pleasnt people I've ever met. Can't say the same for the time I got Kenny Bernsteins signature at Sears Point a while back. Complete jackass and I'm sorry I ever asked...

olscrounger and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

That's a good one.
    I forgot about my autographed "Buster's Last Stand" T-shirt. US Nationals forgot, but think it was '95

22. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

<-<-<-I got Big A's autograph.....

23. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

My most treasured autographs are from all of the pinstripers and artists from all over the country that come to the Pinstripe Legends and Brushmasters shows every year! Don't miss a chance to come to the World of Wheels shows in Milwaukee and Chicago and talk to these people! They are the best people on the planet!

24. A couple from Dale Earnhardt, Garlits, Sonny Barger, an old friend who raced Busch North, Stub Fadden, Harry Gant, & the wife has a guitar autographed by Aaron Tippin.

25. 52lomofo

52lomofo

I have dennis gage cole foster gene windfield stacy david jimmy shine Shirley muldowney

26. wolfie1961

wolfie1961

Never thought of collecting any of the car guys autographs. Been around a lot of them. I guess it was like asking family friends for their autographs. My father-in-law is Junior Conway so I've been introduced to a number of them.
    I guess I should have started a long time ago.

27. As in "Rocket"?

28. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

Candy Clark from American Graffiti, woo hoo

[​IMG]

29. goodturn

goodturn

Just sold my 33 Willys with KS Pitman's & Garlit's autographs on the dash. The buyers autograph was on the cheque, so he now has the other 2 autographs.

30. thehazguy

thehazguy

A few to look at. Had Don re-autograph his at the 50th anniversary race at Island. Got Dyno Don to re-autograph his at one of the first York Muscle car madness before his passing and also got Bob Riggle to autograph the Hurst Hemi Under Glass at the York event

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012