Register now to get rid of these ads!

S10 and Mustaing T5 transmision parts interchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by santa28a, Nov 22, 2012.

1. santa28a

santa28a

This may seem a dumb question but I need to move the shift lever forward on a Borg Warner T5 that came out of an 1988 Aussie Falcon. Now I know a tail housing from a Mustang T5 will fit and it will move the shifter forward approx 80mm. Will the S10 housing also fit the Ford spec T5 transmission as they appear to sit the shifter even further forward which will suit me better.

I am fitting a 3.9litre Falcon SOHC EFI straight six and T5 5speed into a P15 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4 door and wish to retain the original bench seat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

2. BlueGhost

BlueGhost

Yes it will work, we did this for my brother-in-laws F1. You need the s-10 tail housing and top plate with the forks. You also need to find one of the older ones if you want the mechanical drive gear of the speedometer. There is a good tech piece about it here on the HAMB, just start searching for s10 and t5.

3. santa28a

santa28a

Thanks Blueghost. Yes mechanical speedo drive prefered. I will do some more reserch now that I know it will work.

Cheers,
    Steve

4. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg