Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Autographs...who ya got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan in Canada, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Got a picture of me and Chip Foose with my sedan on the road to Pikes Peak. No autograph though.

2. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I have no interest in car celebrity signatures unless on a blank check.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  3. williebill

williebill

Dick Kraft,Joe Bailon,and Bill Hines. Don't think of it as collecting,but still kinda cool.

4. I have one from BAD BOB on a LARS wrist band.:D

5. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Richard Petty on 2 posters, a card, and a tire off of one of his race cars from 96...

6. skyrodder

skyrodder

I'm going to get Gene Winfields tomorrow while I help him chop a 51 Chevy Hardtop at the Autorama

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I have many famous hot rodders autographs and photos with them, but there is one in particular that I treasure:

[​IMG]

CB

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Dan in Canada

Dan in Canada

The Rocket???

PoTaToTrUcK and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have many from over the years. figure that if you see one of the greats you should get an autographs & pic when possible. had Ed Roth's with Tex Smith's on #1 of Tex Smith Hot Rod Mechanix Magazine Collection I had, and sold. so, I see Ed Roth at what ended up being his last show at Mooneyes. did not get an autograph then because I would get one later. then he left this world. autographs that I got at the Gene Winfield and Larry Watson Gathering in '09: Watson, Winfield, Norm Grabowski, George Barris, Bill Hines, Ed Iskenderian, Blackie Gejeian, Sam Foose, Lil Daddy Roth, Chico Kodama, etc.

10. Ive got over 200 NHRA signatures. a little over 130 nirto piston, probably close to 50 rods, head gaskets, blower belts, a signed John Force head off a 500cid nitro engine. at the US Nationals this year I got a piece of Todd Lesinkos car that blew up and and got like 14 signatures on it. I also got a tequila bottle signed by Alexis Dejoria and Del Worsham.

Attached Files:

11. Grumbler

Grumbler

Fellow Canadians think alike........

12. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

one of my items that i had signed by the greats

Attached Files:

13. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Lets see? Garlits, Ivo, Snake, Tony Nancy, Roth, Jim Dunn, Ray Higley, Ace, and probably a few I have forgotten.

14. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Just the ones having to do with T rods.

Attached Files:

15. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

yes.. although I'm not a Montreal fan he has to be without a doubt one of the best famous sports star I've met... and I've met a lot... He spent about 20 mim with my son who waz 11 ish and gave him a wonderful talk. He was a great guy...
    Got to yap with Bobby Hull and Gordy Howe that same day but I thought they had a bit of an attitude.
    "Jody Dee" of the Starliters fame was very nice, met him backstage...
    Had breakfast with Brooke Shields & her mom once... no comment
    Arnie Beswick was pretty good but nothing like Gene Winfield...
    Talked to Madonna (nobody to me) but she was at a hosp see'n cancer kids so I'll give her high marks.
    Reggie Jackson gave my kid a jersey...that was cool..
    and on and on
    As life goes there are some famous people that are "good people"
    Think'n I'll shut up as I think I'm get'n off the subject

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A Rat Fink T-shirt signed by Ed Roth at the Detroit Autorama a few years ago.

My wife bought Don Montgomery's full set of books for me. She talked with him on the phone, and asked him to sign them.

And one from the doctor, on a piece of paper that says I can re-enter society. I got that one almost 10 years...wait, no...it was last winter...I think. I know it was winter.

Quit looking at me...

17. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I'm hoping someday somewhere someone famous will be in the same place I am and they will sign the dash of my car.

18. Off the top of my head.....these, plus many, many more....

Barry Sheene
    [​IMG]
    Barry Sheene by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Smokey Yunick
    [​IMG]
    Smokey Yunick by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Alex Zydias
    [​IMG]
    Alex Zydias by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Johnny Rutherford
    [​IMG]
    Johnny Rutherford by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Mario
    [​IMG]
    Mario Andretti by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Phil Hill
    [​IMG]
    Phil Hill by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Roy Salvadori
    [​IMG]
    Roy Salvadori by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Carroll Shelby
    [​IMG]
    Carroll Shelby by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Darrell Waltrip
    [​IMG]
    Darrell Waltrip by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

Junior Johnson
    [​IMG]
    Junior Johnson by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

19. barstowpo

barstowpo

I have Mark Donohue, Johnny Rutherford, Bobby Unser, Al Unser JR, Gil De Ferran, Mario Andretti, Andy Granatelli, Parnelli Jones, Billy Vukovich, Mike Hiss, Al Loquasto, Mike Mosley, Bob Harkey, Bill Simpson, Rollie Beal, Bobby Rahal, Danny Sullivan, Davey Allison, Mark Martin, Ernie Irvan, Bill Elliott, Dan Gurney, and all of the drivers in the 2011 Little 500. I'm sure there are others laying around.

20. Lil32

Lil32

On my trips to USA I collect a few,
    Tom Medley,Alex,Pete,Jimmy,Blackie,Gene,Bruce Meyer,Vic Edelbrock Jnr, Mike "Early Ford Shop",Bobby "Waldens",Mike "H&H Flatheads",Steve"Limeworks",Derek"CW Moss",Faith Granger"Deuce of Spades",Shige Suganuma"Moon", Paul Lemat

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Ricky Nelson..My favorite!

22. The Goon

The Goon

Chip Foose, Courtney Hansen, Carroll Shelby, Indian Larry, Mickey Mantle and a few others i can't remember.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  23. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I've got autographs from James Dean, Wolfman Jack, Clint Eastwood, Elvis and my favorites Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall and Ingrid Bergman.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  24. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Art Chrisman , Dick Kraft and some guy named Bob Hope .

25. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

I got garlits engraved on a valve from the museum in 1988 then on a t shirt personally in 98 i got ed roth on a poster at world of wheels then had the poster with the signature tattooed on my back then i got broadway bob metsger and bill maveric golden,,

26. I've got Gene Mooneyham, and Larry Foust, Garlits, Junior Conway, Pat Ganahl, Alex Xydias, and for the older guys here, Sam Hanks and Danny Oakes. But this one is most special to me:

[​IMG]

rpm56 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son and I toured Foose's shop this summer when we were visiting Disney Land. My 8 year old son brought the hot rod remote control truck that he built at RideMakerz. My son and Chip had a conversation about all the mods he did to it and then Chip signed the roof of it for him. Classy guy. Very cool.

28. Not a big autograph guy for the most part. I happened to be in the right place to get one from Geoff Bodine, and later Larry Foyt durng his short Nascar career. Gave them to my dad. Probably the only other even remotely car-related autographs were the ones I got at the Nats last year, Catherine Bach and John Schnieder. Which, I went through Cathy's line basically to get one to give to a girl I went to college with as a present (if she wasn't 800 miles away, I probably would have scored with that one). Then I said, well, I'm here, and the other line is short, so I may as well get one for myself, and went through John's line.

I would like to get Richard Petty's one of these days, though.

29. fat141

fat141

Here is my most special, SANTA MARIA 2006

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Rod

30. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Like several others on this thread, I have too many to list but the most cherished is Babe Ruth on one of his baseballs after the last game he played. I was 4 years old and remember shaking his hand and him talking to me for about 5 minutes. It was in the locker room at Wrigley Field.