Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Autographs...who ya got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan in Canada, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Dan in Canada

Dan in Canada

I consider autographs of hot rod "folks of interest" essential "man-ro-bilia" in the garage.

So far, I've got Norm Grabowski, Gene Winfield, Paul LeMat (Milner), and photocopied Ivo and Garlits' signatures

Who do you have, or am I the only one doing this?

2. i got a half smoked cigar signed by bill hines for the winfield and watson show this year

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. I got Chad Little!!

4. A couple signed sketches from Chip Foose.

5. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I tend to not get autographs. I have an idea in my mind of what celebs are like and if in person they don't live up to what I think, I'm disappointed.
    I do have Don & Pat Garlits, I bought a book.
    John Force,
    Warren Johnson,
    Don Montgomery (on his books personalized to me)
    Muhammed Ali in 1973. ( a gift from my brother in law) (they were on the same flight)
    Couple of others.

6. i have a couple of Ed Roth...one on a Rat Fink poster and one on his short lived comic book published by Pete Millar. i also have Pete Millar's autograph on issue #1 of Drag Cartoons

i don't think Ed Roth's was hard to get , he signed about anything for anybody

i also have Jim Jacobs and Pete Chapouris autographs on the front cover of Rod & Custom November 1973.....that is the issue the California Kid and Jake's yellow coupe are on the front cover

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. ghostworks

ghostworks

i got plowboy to hand over a bigass chunk of the mockup dome for the atomic punk, and then made him hunt through his truck for a sharpie to sign.... hahahaha

8. I got Ryan's, that makes me happy! HRP

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

I've got Tommy Ivo's on a poster of the 4 engine olds wagon and my wife has john force on a used top fuel piston and john and Ashley force on a photo of them at the strip when Ashley was @4 yrs old

10. I Drag

I Drag

I don't really collect autographs, but I have Garlit's, Pam's, and most recently, Grumpy's.

And Lori Johns'.

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have the Andy Southard Jr book "Hot Rods of the 1950's" that is just littered with autographs from about 15 years of meeting famous people from Isky to Bruce Meyers to Billy Gibbons, Don Montgomery, Richard Peters, Ivo, Garlits, Joe Bailon, Barris, Blackie, Rod Powell, Weesner, Von Franco, Chip Foose,Frank De Rosa, Winfield, Thom Taylor, Suzanne and Robert Williams, Original Bean Bandits, Dean Jeffries, Cole Foster, Alex Xydias, Pat Ganahl, Larry Watson and all three Roth's, probably 100 autographs and is one of my prized posessions.....Just ask Ryan he signed it also? Really glad I got Norm's autograph that was a story in itself.

12. funk 49

funk 49

So for I've gotten Roth,Cindy Williams,Paul LeMatt,Ron Howard,Henry winkler,George Barris,Broadway Bob,Arnie the farmer Beswick,And a few from Evel.

13. Paul Le Mat, Henry Winkler, Don Garlits, Dan Pastorini (yea he raced), Larry Dixon Sr., Don Gay and Arnie Beswick.

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I get a good one all the time with actual cash value. My cutomer's "john hancock" on the check...:cool::cool::D

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Best one yet.:D

16. Big Daddy Don Garlits and Ohio George Montgomery.

17. I've met a lot of famous people, most not related to hot rods. I'm not the type of person who normally asks for an autograph but I do have three: Gene Winfield, Faith Granger and Don Prudhomme.

18. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I have other autographs that are not car related, but the one I like best is a sheet of paper I had signed by a bunch of drivers at a Langhorne Speedway Indy car race in 1960. Sadly it was the race where Jimmy Bryan crashed and died. On that page I have A.J. Foyt, Parnelli Jones, Lloyd Ruby, Eddie Sachs, Jim Hurtubise, Roger McCluskey, Bill Homeier, Dick Rathman, Red Amick, Jimmy Bryant and a couple other guys who I'd have to look at the page to remember them all. I have other autograph pages of drivers in the Can-Am and Formula 1 Grand Prix races at Watkins Glen from the late '60's to the early '80's.

19. jwl53

jwl53
    from So cal

ImageUploadedByTJJ1353637265.350060.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1353637283.735697.jpg paul Lamat & bill Hines.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i have Don Yenkos

21. blue57ford

blue57ford

Me being a child of the 80's, I knew Dan Pastorini the drag racer before I knew he was an ex-quarterback.

22. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Lots of car folks but by far the best ... "Maurice Richard" PS not a car guy
    I bet there ain't many here (if any) that know him..

23. thehazguy

thehazguy

Garlits, Jenkins,Sox, Lori Johns, Jack Beckman, Linda Vaughn, Joe Amato, Kenny Bernstein, Eddie Hill, Morgan Lucas, The "Snake", Angie Savoie and some I forgot about.

Attached Files:

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Don Garlits signed a photo of Swap Rat III in the pits at Dover, New York with "Alley Oop" next to it. I'd like to see them parked side by side when i finish the restoration. I used to get INDY 500 drivers to sign my Jack Fox book on the INDY 500. I collect old Speed Equipment literature, some are signed by the shop owners, George Riley, Pop Green. Got a signed business card from Loe Goossen. Bunny Phillips and Rene Dreyfus from back in the Bugatti restoration days. Bob

25. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I forgot about Faith's autograph on the Dvd's

My wife has a Shirley Muldowney shirt with her autograph. What make is special is we were walking through the pits back in '89 at the US Nationals and Scott Kalitta was sitting on a table near the aisle at his pits and signed it too. I asked if he thought his Dad would sign... He laughed and said "You ask him, he's just inside the trailer" So off I went. Connie took one look at is, smiled and said "You're pushing your luck aren't you?" Then he signed it with a that same smile on his face. Priceless memories.

26. I don't collect them myself but I do have Paul Le Mat, Shirl Greer, Garlits, and a few others.
    It was a Buick wagon with 4 425 nailheads.

27. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

A little something from one of the Rat Fink Party's at Kim's Sign Shop, I had Big Daddy sign it for me years later at Norwalk (Mooneyes Show)

Attached Files:

28. D-man313

D-man313

Chip Foose and Troy Trepanier

29. NOS 1951 Mercury skirt....shop wall hangar!!!!

[​IMG]