Register now to get rid of these ads!

who running a Blower with 6 or 8 ford carbs W671 ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60 Belair, Nov 22, 2012.

1. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Ok whos running a Blower with 6 or 8 ford carbs what adapter are you running Weiand 6 adapter or 8 adapter ? homemade ? are there any oher adapters out there ? What carbs are you running how is the drivability ? How are the carbs set up ? how much boost can these support . I would be running a small block chevy with set up for boost but willn be keeping the boost around 6 psi shooting for about 600 hp

Thanks Andy

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am interested in this as well as I am building an blown FE with the weiand 6x2 manifold, shooting for the same HP.
    Their was a guy who was building a 34 Pickup who had this manifold on a blown hemi who was going to push some good numbers but I forget his name and will have to do a bit of searching.
    Littleman is getting some good numbers out of his cars without the blower.

3. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You may try to contact evilfordcoupe here on the HAMB. He has an 8 carb on a blown hemi in his '34 coupe.

4. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

I run six 97 strombergs on my sbf 347 with a 471 BDS supercharger 6psi all six carbs work together it is very drivabilible and very Fast

5. i run a weiand 8-671 intake on my blown hemi. offy spacers below the carbs. all eight on straight linkage. i maxed out the flow of the carbs at 8 psi. now i supplament the fuel volumn with methanol. i have a map sensor plugger into the msd. when the msd sees 8 psi it sends a signal to the pump in the trunk turning on the methanol. i set it up with enderle injectors direct port. also have a anti syphon valve in place to keep the tank from getting sucked dry during normal driving. i have a light in the dash that comes on when the spray is on. i also have a boost gauge so i can see the psi and make sure the spray is coming on at the right time. a air fuel gauge is very handy in setting it all up. i have hit 850 hp already. i have maxed out one meth pump now i am working on plumbing in a second pump. the carbs just wont flow enough fuel at full throttle so the meth is not only cooling the charge it is adding volumn. i also run two blue holley fuel pumps.

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I have run in the 9's w/ just six-two's no blower.....The carbs can be machined to flow more...bore the top lid, machine the venturi's larger, machine custom new dia. larger butterflies...ect. They like nitrous too....ET slips are the only thing that counts..I really got a kick out of running stack injected alky cars and going faster w/ my setup, nothing like putting someone on the trailer via antique carbs...I have a Weiand blower 8x2 intake top in the mail right now that I just picked up...Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R2Y-bGhsFQU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Dammit, Dave! I love that truck! That thing leaves like no other!

8. Candy.........WoW!

9. i changed my butterflies from the stock stamped no bevel items to dick crawford 7 degree discs with a bevel. with the stockers you could see day light around them. a poor seal x 16 barrels is not good. there was enough air leaking were i could not control the idle. with the new butterflies i can idle it down to about 600 rpm if i want. as far if it is streetable it is. i drive the car all the time. and i take it on rides over 500 miles. im going to enter it into the hot rod drag week competition this year. the car is a proven performer on the track to.

10. I have ran 6 Holley 94's on my blown Hemi and had bunch of problems with it got it to run diecent on the street but didn't do well if u beat on it couldn't get the power valves to work proper. This past summer changed over to 6 stromberg 48 carbs and the car runs 100% better cruising and wide open it runs 10.50's at 131 about 8 pounds of boost planning on running in the 9's next summer with same Carb setup

11. cracker head

cracker head

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  12. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I have been trying to decide to run a 6x2 or 8x2 on my 671. It's going on a mild 341 desoto setup.

13. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Also "dashman" on the hamb makes new 6x2 and 8x2 671 hats/tops. I wanted a Weiand but havn't found one in my price range yet.

14. they only made 20-25 of those weiand 8-671 intakes in 1958 depends on who you talk to. in bowling green garlits told me 20 were made.

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Dave.. you rule.

16. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Any pics appreciated also?

:DThanks for the imput so far guys:p

Andy ​

17. Saw this setup at the Turkey Run this weekend.

Attached Files:

18. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eight of my babies...

19. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Hey Racer-x you got any pics would love to see
    Thx Andy
    anyone else linkage pics! any pics! good bad ugly!
    and what / whose adaper you running

20. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

21. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

How many of the Weiand 6-671 hats did they make?

22. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

What has the asking price been?

Cheers
    RustyNCA

23. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Not sure, he is going to send pics and pricing info to me next week. You may want to PM him as I do not want to step on his toes, in reguards to posting the price. I told him I posted on this thread so he may be on Mon when he gets into work. It sounded like he had 8x2's ready to go and he was working on the 6x2 next.

24. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

need a 8x2 blower top for my next project, send pics.

25. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Seems like quite a few people doing carb adapters these days, anyone ever going to attempt a SBC 4-71 intake? The old Weiand molds might even be floating around somewhere as I know someone was using the same form breifly under a different name a couple decades or so ago.

26. there was a 8-671 in kenosha wi for 1500 a while back. i dont think it sold. joe karpinski had it. i dont know how many 6-71s they made. i have photos on my phone if someone can tell me how to post them here i will

27. under the manage my account attachments my son put some pics. how do i move them to this post. i suck with computers.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  28. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Racer-x just open up manage attachments under additional options which is down from where you are typing you reply to thread, and hit the browse button the go to your pics and double click ot the pic you want to load ,scroll down and hit upload . I only do one at a time I suck at pics too and they are allways small I hope this works for you or is somewhat helpful
    Andy ​

29. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

Here what the one I have looks like, I was just curious how hard they are to come by. It's in pretty decent shape, I didn't think it was very common so I bought it when a guy offered it to me in a grocery store parking lot....

[​IMG]

30. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

our coupes

Attached Files: