Register now to get rid of these ads!

This Is A Sure Sign This Car Thing Is Out Of Control

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Nov 22, 2012.

1. grazy

grazy

Have you ever had a moment of clarity when you say to yourself man this Car Thing I have is getting out of control and is about to send me over the edge and into rehab for my addiction. Whats a sure sign we are close to that edge. Mine was explaining to my son that the hospital his Grandpa was in was a big people garage that fixes people.

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

YEAH...but it reallyl IS!!!!!!!!

Guess I got the same disease as you!

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Don't fight it....live with it. There are worse things to get obsessed with.

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

If only my girlfriend would stop fighting it and except my illness .

5. upspirate

upspirate

Buy another car or some parts!:eek::cool:

6. grazy

grazy

I sometimes think the only cure was being broke but that only made me better at haggling and trading. My son once told my wife all those car parts in the shed was for a Model A she said we don't own a Model A my son just sighed and said not yet we don't.

7. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Hey....the first ones on me.

8. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Being broke doesn't make it any easier .Trust me

9. For years any time I stumbled on to almost any pile of rust that I could get for under $200 I'd drag it home, as long as it didn't run. Now I've spent thousands to build sheds and berms and fences to hide my addiction from the neighbors, and I still can't part with any of it. I'm sure God is happy we can't bring it with us. Luckily a couple of my kids have it almost as bad as I do.

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

no it dont!! just makes me even more depressed,,lol i ALWAYS find super deals when im broke.that in turn makes me mad then depressed.

11. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Just wait until you walk into a barber shop for a haircut and tell them to keep it "stock".

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I hear yah man.:(

13. grazy

grazy

I grew up in that house with all the cool old cars in the driveway . Once in awhile it was junky cars, but no one cares what those weirdos thought.

14. desotot

desotot

having all the old car stuff is not an illness,,,it's a cure.

15. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

"Have you ever had a moment of clarity when you say to yourself man this Car Thing I have is getting out of control and is about to send me over the edge and into rehab for my addiction?"
    I for one, have no desire to be rehabilitated.

"For years any time I stumbled on to almost any pile of rust that I could get for under $200 I'd drag it home, as long as it didn't run. Now I've spent thousands to build sheds and berms and fences to hide my addiction from the neighbors, and I still can't part with any of it..."
    Yep! My user name isn't SanfordsOtherSon for nothin'

"Just wait until you walk into a barber shop for a haircut and tell them to keep it "stock"."
    That's hilarious!

"Having all the old car stuff is not an illness,,,it's a cure."
    Now that's the icing on the cake right there!

16. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said:D

17. Cortney

Cortney

Amen brother!

18. teejay99

teejay99

The insanity of it all ...keeps us sane .

T

19. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Funny that this comes up as I have spent the last two weeks trying to clear a big enough spot in my shop to work on my roadster. I found stuff I forgot I had but nothing I don't want. What ever you do don't watch that "hoarder" show on TV. Those people just have crap.:eek: You know you are OK if you have stuff other people would risk their lives to steal.:cool:

20. Mercchev

Mercchev

21. jivin jer

jivin jer

It's those "self talks" that are brutal.

22. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Hahaha things you do. A few years ago i really wanted some parts for my car. I didn't need them, just wanted them, real bad. I wasn't working at the time and money was really tight. I looked at every way i could raise some cash and eventually looked to my food budget for the week as a resource.
    I worked out if i lived on nothing else but tuna and noodles for a week i'd be able to buy the parts i wanted. So thats what i did. Went down to the supermarket, stocked up and lived on nothing else but tuna and noodles. Just so i could buy car parts. Would i do it again, of course i would but maybe not buying tuna with chilli flakes in it. Toilet time wasn't much fun :eek:

I've seen my dream car, a minter, at a killer price and right now i'd sell a body part to own it. Seriously i would:eek:

Gearhead to the end and you have to do what you have to do.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  23. The good thing about addiction is that while addicted, you are enjoying it. Make it everyone elses problem and have fun..:D

24. grazy

grazy

I once walked in the house after a big swap meet with my dad. My youngest daughter walked over to the table and looked at all the parts we purchased and had spread out and asked us"Do these parts go to the puzzle car out in the garage ?" We both laughed at that one.

25. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...I'm enrolled in one of those self-help, 12 step programmes....12 steps from my front door is the garage where I don't give a shit about my addiction...I just accept it and run with it.....

26. I don't need another project right now but I still went out and looked at a car last night...

27. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Its worse than Cancer thay can cure cancer sometimes

28. davidh73750

davidh73750

today on thanksgiving the lead I have on model A's called me back Im going to look at them today on a holiday. I will eat bolonoge sandwiches for 6mos if its a nice barn find A coupe

29. Never heard of out of control for an addiction to cars." When your wife asks you if you know who so and so is, and you reply, " Are they the ones that drive a "blank", you know that you have the disease and will die with it. There is no cure, and I wouldn't want one. :)

30. Having 11 cars and looking for more and then building a shop to build them and then a barn to store them in and dreaming cars instead of women and reading every car magazine that has anything to do with hotrods and decorating the house and yard with car stuff and and and.......................I think I have a major problem!!!!!!!! And the thing that makes it worse is my wife supports this . So its like feeding the fire!!!