Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pride in the Possession: 1961 and 1962 Cadillac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Can't argue with you there Jay, one of the great 'evolution' stories in car design. Pure sculpture.......no matter how many Caddys of that era I see my love for them never gets jaded.

3. svobc

svobc

These are my favorite models also. I did Prefer the 62 coupe over the 61 bubbletops. but that is just my taste. I had many cadillacs of the 60-70's when I was a kid. most of my friends were into 80's cars or 70's muscle. I had a 61 short deck sedan. low and slo... hardly. low and powerful. nothing like the roar of a rochester quadrajet

4. dad-bud

dad-bud

No, sorry, there is no better looking car than the '60 Cadillac - the grille and rear fins corrected the over-statement that occured with the 59's.
    Sure, the 61 and 62 were the start of a new direction, and they are certainly great looking, but not better than the 60's.
    Don't get me wrong, you are entitled to enjoy the 61's and 62's, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion - no matter how wrong it is.
    Hahaha.
    Oh yeah, and I do have my money where my mouth is - Series 62 Coupe,

Attached Files:

5. dad-bud

dad-bud

Damn, how the hell do you load photos onto this site?

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

After seeing Nads score,I'm currently combing the internet for its twin....gotta have something to shoot for.Some of the most beautiful cars ever produced.

7. svobc

svobc

1960 cadillac coupe is a very clean , sleek design no doubt. I actually felt the 63 and 64 should have been the production 61 and 62 cars. The body line follow the design cues much closer to the 1960 models. 1961 -62 are different cars then the other years and really don't fit the marque. I miss playing with these cars allot. I left caddies almost 15 years ago when I drove in a mustang svo. been playing with them since.

put in notice to my wife that either a late 50,s or early 60's cadillac will be added to the fleet soon. Right after the 60's LaSalle / baby caddy that never was is in the garage over the winter. (I am in the hunt for a '65 Rivera)

for those that are not familar. GM wanted the 63 rivera to actually be a reissue of the LaSalle brand under the Cadillac Mark.

8. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

The 61 suits my taste but I like most all of them.

Attached Files:

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I do like the 61 and 62 much better then the 58 to 60 with the 62 being my favorite of the 60s.

10. autobilly

autobilly

11. seatex

seatex

I concur............the twin fin and oval tailight surround on the '61 looks like it drove right out of a "Jetsons" episode. Pininfarina nailed it!:cool::cool::cool:

12. BACKFIRE*

BACKFIRE*
    from arizona

Ck craigslist tucson az. Good looking 65 riv for sale. I dont know any details but you could email. good luck

13. I truly love all these early automobile "propoganda" films. Great naration.

"...leathers, crafted by a SPECIAL process,
    making them even more PLIANT
    ..glove soft to the touch"
    "...colors and designs RICH and exsquisite taste"

Kinda sounds erotic;):eek::rolleyes: Who uses the word "pliant" anymore???

Exquisite:
    a: marked by flawless craftsmanship or by beautiful, ingenious, delicate, or elaborate execution <an exquisite vase>

JT

14. Super Fin! I mean Fan. =D

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

"What do y'all think about this pliant we all just bought from Home Depot, does it look like it's dying to you?"

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Some of my childhood memories involve a pink '61 Coupe. Growing up, my family lived in Port LaVaca, Texas. During the summers, my brother and I were sent to send 3 months with my aunt in Victoria. She owned a funeral parlor and was very successful. Friday afternoons were the days she'd go to the bank to make her weekly deposits. My brother and I were treated to a ride in the back of her big ass coupe.

This was '64 and '65 and while her coupe wasn't new, my father always said it was maintained at all the required intervals. This was also a time when the only people who could a Cadillac were usually wealthy, so we probably looked like celebrities.:D She was a small person and I can still remember her turning that huge steering wheel. She owned that Caddy till the day she died in '76. The car disappeared during the family fighting over her estate.:(

Thanks for making me remember her.

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My favorite is still the 60 Cadillac coupe, gotta be honest, oh and the 57 Eldorado hardtop.

18. ryno

ryno

I have a 61 and 62. Sold my 63. A 60 convert with a 62 dash is my dream Cadillac. I don't care for the 59-60 dashes.

19. I tend to like all the pre 75 Caddys

20. 1940

As you can see, my avatar is my Dad's 61 Fleetwood, which is now mine. It is definately "Pride in the Possesion".