Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 gasser garage find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Uh, the winch is on the trailer, it pulls the car up on the trailer when the cats not running.

2. The fire wall has a plexi window that has yellowed over the years. Some guys used them as fire Windows so they could react to fire in the engine compartment sooner.

3. grm61

grm61
    from Washington

Looks great, where did it come from?

Crazy how good of shape it appears to be in.

4. It was built around 1970, the guy we bought it from, got it in late '73. and raced it until '77 when the engine broke. He took it apart to fix it and never got it back together. He owned until yesterday. A friend of mine who works for NHRA knew of it and gave me the lead on Wednsday of the World Finals.

5. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Nice find - what kind of brakes are those ?

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Sweet ride. Some really unique details on this car.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. suede shoe

suede shoe

Bad to the bone!

BTW, that radio looks familiar.:)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  8. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Man you were right!!! That thing is cool. Looks like a few weekends of work and you will have it going again. Are you going to run injection on it?

9. titus

titus

Yeah, i recognize the brakes, are they milan?

10. Not sure about the breaks yet, got to get them apart. The backing plates are pretty flimsy, almost like light weight dust covers. The previous owner swears he had Airhearts on it. Did anyone ever cover them up with fake drum set ups. Supposedly Ford had some from 39-48 but they are supposed to be 12"ers, these don't look that big. Can't wait to hook up a battery and see all the lights turn on, everything is wired up, even the cigarette lighter in the fabbed trans tunnel. The car has a couple little things that are hokey, but not much, most of it is well done for a car built back then.

11. Yes, we have a snotty little 306 small block we could put in it,with some Jackson Injectors, but I've had an itch lately for pissed off 396 or 427 and have some parts laying around, and maybe talk my brother into donating a set of his big block Jackson Injectors. Its suppose to have 5.57's in it, but we haven't checked yet. I would really like to do another clutchflight and use the "type writer shifter", but we also have a fresh clutchturbo from John Kilgore, if so I'll find a B&M Series 60 shifter for it. The motor mounts are a little rough and the front spring locator could use a little attention. The hair pins cross under the frame alittle (Yesterdays Child is the same way, evidently some guys who built these cars weren't thinking about suspension parts crashing into the frame after a healthy wheelie), so we'll probably move the rear mouns to the outside edge, or just lower them towards the ground a little more. The front seats need new foam, it crumbles out every time you sit in them. Augie Delgado recognized the seat as Austin Healeys. The doors shut like a new car and the window regulators are mint, all the side windows are plexi including the wing windows. The side stainless is mint, the door alignment is great and the ancient glass nose even fits will. It has two stock style master cylinders, one for a hydraulic clutch and its got one of those cool hydraulic throttles. The chrome on most of the front suspension and the window garnish mouldings is really nice. It also has 40+ year old Lucas non fluted head lights. The tires are the same ones it last raced on over 40 years ago.

12. Might be interested in the spool and 4.88's, pm me what you want for them.

13. It was originally built and raced in PA. and moved to California in '83, its so well preserved you'd think it was a Cal. or Az car all its life!

14. One of the Hamber mentioned that Franklin (I'm assuming the same people who made quick changes) also made some brakes like this.

15. Lurk king

Lurk king

GTFOH! Super score, that thing rules.

And If you want to unload it I could use that shifter.;)

16. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

this otta be good,hellofa find.anxious to see what you do with it.good luck

17. Muttley

Muttley

Congratulations, great score and the right guy got it.

18. BSL409

BSL409

Great Score, How about a 409:D

19. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

That's really cool.

20. tunram2quad

tunram2quad

Congrats on the super cool find

21. 1929rats

1929rats

I love this 56! good find....

22. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Wow, that thing looks like it came out of a time capsule!! Unbelievable.

23. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

:eek: Crazy!!! Congrats!

24. flathead okie

flathead okie

Looks like it was also a show car,Carpet paint, upholstery. Killer

25. 75ford

75ford
    from burlington

yea thats what i was thinking, but its a sweet find!

26. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Great score, what a time capsule! Will you replace the 331?

27. slowmotion

slowmotion

Incredible find, and in the rights hands now too! Congrats!

28. paintcan54

paintcan54

I love your car, I'm sure you will do it right, keep us in the rebuilding. Just me but I think a nasty small block would be cool.

29. WOW!!!! Looks to be in great shape considering the age! Great Find!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is so freakin cool i can't stand it. please tell me that your going to leave the paint. Congrats.
    Gasser Girl