Register now to get rid of these ads!

New pictures of 33plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lanny haff, Nov 20, 2012.

1. lanny haff

lanny haff

THIS the car in my avatar I changed it a bit. What do you ythink? Lanny

Attached Files:

2. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Put the fenders back!

3. lanny haff

lanny haff

WHY? It don't look like you got any? Lanny

4. 4woody

4woody

I love 33 Plymouths.
    But I love them better with fenders. Agree with Daveyboy ...

5. Its OK without the fenders but it needs a better tire choice to pull it off. If it were mine I would do something different with the exhaust again tire choice may cure that problem if you go with a dirt track type of tire.

Overall I like it myself. Some things I may change but it will make a good looking highboy with a little work. It is a work in progress correct?

6. ScooterCO

ScooterCO
    from Parker, CO

The only thing I dont like about your '33 is it doesn't have the oval rear window.. lol
    I miss my PA '31.

Attached Files:

7. Bad ass. What does she top out at?

8. lanny haff

lanny haff

It's basically a work in progress depending on cash flow. The next thing I want to do is a 5 speed OD It's gone thru alot of changes since my brother gave it to me. I put a 48 dodge230 in it but I didn't do a complete rebuild + it started making noises It's got a 350 in it now + runs good. I'm an old retirery with limited funds but I' ll do what I can. Lanny

9. lanny haff

lanny haff

I believe 32 's had oval back windows mine is stock. Also I took off the fiberglass fenders because they were looking pretty shitty. Sometimes nothing is better than junk. I still have the original steel fenders if I decide to run fenders again evan though they're pretty rough. Lanny

10. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

What header paint did you use? How is it holding up?

I like the leaf spring set up, hows does it ride?

17 more questions to go!

11. lanny haff

lanny haff

The paint is VHT so far so but it's only a couples of weeks old. I plan on using tape. if the paint don't work. The front end is a narrowed econline axel, it rides good but is needing shocks badly. I think the fastest I've had is around 100 mph. It has really goog brakes + stops well. I have Chevy discs onthe front + a12 bolt rear. Lanny

12. suede shoe

suede shoe

I don't know if it's just me, but the red frame and hood tend to jump out. Other than that, it looks OK.

If the body is going to be all painted red, then it will probably look better with the red frame.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

13. Lanny
    You are doing fine, I would not be in the least bit afraid to cruise that the way that it is. Your taste and my taste in autos are going to be different, if I would do something different it is not to say that there is anything wrong with what you have done.

If I thought that you screwed it up I would just come right out and say that.

I do understand lack of funds as well. All I got that is anywhere close to what you have is my parts hauler, and it aint much to look at. I like the direction you are taking it.

14. lanny haff

lanny haff

Thanks Porknbeaner I like it also no body paid any attention to it with fenders now a lot of young kids give me thumbs up. anyhoo it's 100% dependable. I was going to the turkey run but I'd rather spend money on stuff for car . I probably could find many parts I need but it's a lot of walking to check out all the vendors. Lanny

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it, I like it. Sure, maybe I'd change a few things...I'd be tempted to paint the chassis and hood black, larger diameter bias ply tires, chrome reverse, etc. But I still like it...lol. I like it fenderless too, or bobbed rears with cycle-type fronts made from spare tire rings...but I'd have to change it back to drum brakes. I even like the parallel leafs. Eventually, a 392, 413, etc.

I know if I ever manage to get myself into a '33/'34 coupe, it's gonna be a Dodge or a Plymouth. I think they're a damn good alternative to a Ford.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  16. upspirate

upspirate

Just my opinion,which you did ask for!

I like 33-34 ply-dodges with fenders,however,I've seen some highboys that look good too.

In this case, I think too much of the frame sticks out everywhere....it would look better channeled with more of a 32-34 Ford style frame....maybe some black paint would help on this frame to subdue it some.

Cool ride though,and I would love to take a ride in it!

17. lanny haff

lanny haff

Upspirate The frame does stick out every where. But my plans are to take it to one of the places in Orlando that media blasts the car + primers it + paint all red. Your welcome to go for a ride if you catch up to me. Someone else mentioned abig mopar or hemi, too much moola for my shallow pockets. maybe I'll win the lotto

18. looks good both ways...