Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pensacola FL Car Scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pacsh, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

I've been living in Pensacola, FL for a few months now and have yet to see any signs of car culture in the immediate area. Just a few old restos and a street rodded Model A Roadster.

Is anyone else from the Pensacola/FWB/Mobile area?

Whats the low down?

2. George

George

Cruise in @ Burger King on 9 Mile Rd every Sat. Quite a few cars shows through the year, Big multi make/club show @ Fairgrounds in March. Sunny Beaches Rod Run on P'cola Bch in April.

3. 29moonshine

29moonshine

what george said + eastern shore in spanish fort once a month. the 8th dec at waynes dinner on pine forest from 2-5

4. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

Power Line Speed and Machine. You can email me. Lot of local stuff, you just have to dig, or digg it. LOL Show downtown in March, Rodtiques have a show at the beach in the Spring. What you have and what are you looking for?

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Very little in the way of car related activities in the Panama City Beach area. They have a first Friday activity in Panama City that includes some cars. There are too many people, street vendors and heavy metal music. The time I went I couldn't get close to the cars. I've never been back. I very rarely see any rods cruising the area.

6. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Mobile,Al has a GREAT groupe of Cruise Ins...First Sat night at the KFC in Tillmans Corner right off I-10 on Hwy 90 (Pre-'72 Only)......3rd Sat night at the Steak and Shake on Schillinger Rd/Airport Blvd (starts back in March)...and the 1st Thursday of the month at the What-a-Burger at the corner of Snow rd and Airport Blvd (pre-'72 only) about 1 mile West of the Airport.........What Vehicle or Vehicles do you have?

7. 59 brook

59 brook

flacarshows.com

8. i moved from panama city in 1993. it was dead then, and still is

9. k9racer

k9racer

I will be at the snow ball derby{round track race} at the end of the month. I will check with some locals who have lived in Pcola a long time................................................Years ago I would see some hot rods on Baricnas street {{I know I mis spelled it.}} at a bar called Cacks, Now long closed.......................................................... Through the years several folks from Pcola have been members of the hamb but they don't visit anymore. on a final note that has nothing to do with hot rods I am looking forward to going to W street and eating at Miskeet [sp]Charlies.

10. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Don't forget about the Coach and Four across from the racetrace......I'll be there Fri, Sat, Sun myself.................

11. George

George

They're closed.

12. 29moonshine

29moonshine

it has been a while if you went to cacks rutman has a t bucket shop in gulfbreese now i live close enough you can here the cars running the race at my house

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Pensacola is more about airplanes (like Eglin) being the "Home of Naval Aviation" and of course the Blue Angels. And a wonderful Naval Aviation museum, too. But there has to be something, eh? There was a big car show in the area, but I've never attended and don't know if it's still going on. http://www.emeraldcoastcarshow.com/

Don't miss the Snow Ball Derby at Five Flags Speedway, a nice track and the Snowball is one of the most prestigious short track races in the country. Big dogs from everywhere come down for the (still 200?) lap feature. The regular weekly program used to have spectator grudge races in street cars during intermission. Sort of a one lap curved drag race, 2 up. I did it once, and won but only because the battery fell out of the driver's car who was leading by a turn. He was pissed. And I got my one and only official trip to the "pay window" to collect my 50 bucks.

There MUST be some hot rod stuff, just keep looking. Find a copy of Mike Kelly's Cruise News at a local speed shop, or subscribe. Gary

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  14. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. boutlaw

boutlaw

Check with Bobby Alexander at Powerline Speed and Marine. Bobby has been in the area forever. He is an excellent fabricator/welder and and allaround good guy. Builds a great chassis too. Check his website for directions and phone number. Also Jessie Holmes has an engine shop in the area, great contact for local drag racing information.

BOutlaw

16. k9racer

k9racer

Thank you for telling me about charlies. I loved that place. Next you will tell me Sam's sea food is closed...............Cacks was more of a biker bar but the owner bought race tires for some locals. I got hooked on the snowball in 1970 first trip down we finished in the number 5 position.Car was 57 chevy frame with a 64 chevelle body. driver was Roy Milligan. I have not attended in the snowball in about 8 years.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  17. shelby1

shelby1
    from Lillian,Al

Check with Rodney at Iron Horse Restorations in P-cola he knows the rod scene in P-cola very well.....
    And yes Cacks was a biker bar , I worked with a bunch of guys that hung out there.....and to say it was wild ,would be a under statement.I paid the bills when I first got married chopping alot of Harley frames for guys that hung there.
    Kenny

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Is that the same Bobby Alexander that also ran LM stock cars? That guy was super fast. Gary

19. boutlaw

boutlaw

G,
    Don't know if Bobby was associated with LM stock cars. To my knowledge he was always associated with drag racing. I have a picture of Don Garlits's digger at Bobbys house/shop back in the late 60's-70's (?) when Don needed some kind of welding repair when he was running in the area.
    Bobby put a straight axle under a mid-engine 55 Chevy for me somewhere around 72-73 when I lived in Pensacola. Bobby was an aircraft welding Instructor at the Naval Air Station back then and was doing a lot of fab work for himself and others. He's the real deal and a super guy.

Brad