Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Model Car Sunday for Nov 18th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2002p51, Nov 18, 2012.

1. '50 Olds
    Work In Progress
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joker

2. wow didn't know this was a big thing. Is it every week?

3. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Been too busy and not working on my kits for awhile. Did this a few years back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Seems to be Every Sunday:D

5. little t

little t

great builds guys thats what makes model car sundays something to look forward to

6. 66gmc

66gmc

Im trying to get back into building models again. Just finished this one today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

that camino is amazing!

8. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

66 That looks AWESOME .

9. themodelking

themodelking

wow i like the 29 .. hell i like em all

10. Tim Rocheford

Tim Rocheford

This is a fantastic build. You did a great job of getting the flattie nice an low in the chassis. Is that the engine from the '32 sedan kit? How did you mount the Model A wishbone without interfering with the oilpan? And, did you just paint the whitewall inserts black? Can you post a picture of the underside?

11. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

I wish mine sat this good !!!

12. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

13. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

14. scrubba

scrubba

I think you're question was answered earlier in taking the time it did . Since I generally build large dioramas , they can take a couple of years . For example , this 1935 Ford truck was represented by a KNOWN resin Caster as , "UH ALL YA GOTTA DO IS USE A LINBURG 34 FORD TRUCK KIT-NOT!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Hey, this damn thing was molded in some wierd ass scale , maybe 1-26th or 1-28th. I wound up completely making a frame from plastic "C' Channel . The wheels and the engine , yes , came from the A M T / Linburg 1934 Ford truck kit . Meanwhile , the job took a couple of months .

The Ford Ranchero Sedan delivery was actually a GENUINE A M T 1961 "Annual " kit I had saved out from years ago. That edition had a rear topper that allowed one to do a "Customized " Sedan delivery. I wanted something closer to stock .
    [​IMG]
    This job I guess took a couple ofweeks . scrubba

15. kennb

kennb

This is my rat rig. Entered it in the NNL Southern Nationals last weekend. Model Cars Magazine took it for a photo shoot. 41 Chevy cab, Cat diesel and scratch built everything else. Ken

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. for those interested revell releasing the 57 ford 2 door sedan and the 1950 olds kits at the end of this month ive all ready got 2 cases of the 57's on order

also amts 66 nova is coming back before christmas (supposedly) as bill "grumpy" jenkins car

17. 66gmc

66gmc

Thanks. I dont have any underside pictures but the chassis is all stock. The engine is from the revell 48 ford. I cheated and just mounted the wishbone to the bottom of the transmission. The tires are blackwalls. The rear wheels are from the trailer in revells v8-60 midget kit. The front rims are revell 48 ford and the tires are from the beatnik bandit.

18. carmak

carmak

A friend of mine got his fathers model collection 26 years ago (when we were both in high school). I have waited those 26 years for him for agree to sell them to me.

Last week he agreed and it was worth the wait.

Carmak

Attached Files:

19. carmak, you got some cool stuff there what are your plans?

20. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I'd like to do The Munster Koach some day soon

21. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

id like to buy the 60 ford sunliner if you want to sell it

22. thehazguy

thehazguy

Nice stuff The activity is picking up Keep it going Always look for this every Sunday

23. Great collection! Most of these should be easy to repair/restore!

24. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

What you gonna do with them? whatever you do it would be cool to see a progress post in the model group.

25. Photos from the MAMA meeting on Saturday,,,,,,,,,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Thanks for the kind words!

Bernard, your coupe is truly amazing, so much stuff to mention but the interior is so darn spartan, yet so fantastic. Well done!

27. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

Leave them originally as you got them, they are like a barn find they are original only once. And DONT sell them they have history with you and your friend:)
    Gene

28. carmak

carmak

I am going to keep most of them, I didn't lust after them all this time just to fip them. I do have a friend that is really into 1/32 cars and he will most likely end up with those. Also some of the customs are really rough and may show up on my table at the KKIM meeting. The two I really have been waiting for are the 59 Buick and the 59 Fleetwood

I will preserve many of the ones that are intact. I am going to restore the 59 Fleetwood, I have pictured as dark dark wine red in my mind for years. Some of the others will be on the show table at the KKIM meeting.

Carmak