Register now to get rid of these ads!

does anybody have any info on these cars? 1956 f100 El Monte CA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959 FORD, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Yeah, I cant say for sure if its it, or not. The changes made to it are period correct, n i can see how it COULD be it. The thing that gets me is that its a 3 on the tree...it was a factory Ford-O-Matic....IDK...i dont see how ud change THAT!
    Im still waiting for a reply from the Pres of that truck club., its been a month so its not lookin good....the trail has gone a lil cold! HAHAHA, thanks for all ur help guys!!!

2. Dzus

Dzus

Well, long ago I scrounged another matching turquoise column for my Chevy II and swapped it over. So it's been both a 4spd and an auto since I've owned it, and I've kept all the parts to go either way. I know I'm not the only one who's done this, so it's not impossible that it was done to that truck.

Besides pg. 101 you spotted the one other interior pic on page 110, right?
    Somewhere in my magazine pile I've got some more features on Pickups Limited shows. I've just got to find them.

3. Yeah, ur right Dzus. Ill have to go back n look at the int. pics, i didnt notice the other one. I cant belive the DAMN PRESIDENT didnt even write me back!

4. Dzus

Dzus

Hmm.. I did a search for 'Pickups Limited' and came up with a couple hits.

Maybe PM OGNC?

5. Dzus

Dzus

Any updates?

6. no updates yet.....
    it kinda died out on me! we will have to see what happens...
    thanks guys!

7. Green Voodoo

Green Voodoo
    from Melbourne

Ford 1959,

I purchased a truck just like your grandfather's in 2007 from California with original black paint, around 52,000 miles on the clock, Small Window Custom Cab, Automatic, original F100 radio and the same type of exhaust.

The fellow i purchased the truck from said he bought it from an elderly couple who had moved to northern California from Long Beach CA.

The truck's interior is in red cloth and looks like a 60's style interior. At some point the truck was pinstriped in white. The pinstriping has alsmost totally faded or polished out but you can still see the evidence of the lines on the black paint.

The truck was also fitted with a 1949 Desoto ribbed bumper on the rear and the stock F100 chromed front bumper.

The truck is preserved in it's original state with the original engine and automatic trans and drives as new. There appears to be no modifications to the drivetrain.

This could be the very same truck, with the interior upgraded at some point it it's life.

I sold the truck to a close friend who intends in preserving the truck without modification.

I have the vin number of the truck to compare with your records if you have any.

I will send you a pm with my email address and i can get photos for you to compare.

Mike

8. chris' 38

chris' 38

Did you check out green voodoos truck?

9. yes i did. it looks very promising, but now he will not contact me. ive tried on here and by email. no response. now what???

10. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Was that photo at four corners