Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 26Troadster

26Troadster

still hope to hear good news, and still looking in bama.

2. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Are the Police giving any info at this point or have they already back-burnered it?

3. I will be driving down to South Fla from NY after Thanksgiving. I will keep an eye out for you. Hope you hear good news soon!

4. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

BTTT.....can't believe we haven't heard anything!....I'm still looking in the western part of north Carolina!....hang in there Dave!....great idea for the Turkey Run!

5. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Wow i just saw this, what a beautiful car i can't imagine...I really hope this car is found and the bastard who stole this gets more then just a brutal ass whooping

6. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

This may be silly,but what if everyone posted up wanted adds on Craigslist for 32 ford parts?maybe the thief will bite?

(sorry if this has already been said,i have a.d.d. and didn't read the whole thread)

7. Would only take a couple of ads looking for certain items but the thief/s are most likely reading this also. Hard to believe no leads to date. JW

8. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I'll be heading to Daytona Beach Tuesday for the Turkey Run, and we'll keep my eyes peeled and spread the word to all my car peeps down there. What a SOB.

9. adams27

adams27

Still hoping it's found. So much work done for a thief to get away with it.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is a good chance that the thieves don't know about the publicity this car has gotten. As much as we all love the HAMB, not everybody in the world,even the car world, knows about it. Lots of times at a show or other event I will ask some car guy if he is on the HAMB and most times I get a blank stare and "What is the HAM ?" Also, a surprising number of people do not even go onto the internet at all.

My point is that they may be feeling pretty much under the radar and will do something stupid like advertising the parts somewhere for sale or put them out at a swap meet. Look at the dummies who were parting out that stolen 36 Ford and advertising the parts right on Ebay............with the original blue paint still on them ! :rolleyes:

I spend my whole time at Turkey Run in the swap meet area and will be on the lookout for any part that looks like it may have come from this car. If I am that lucky and am 100% sure, I will be on the phone with 911 immediately, and urge anyone else to do the same.

Don

11. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

how about the t-shirts with the picture and stolen on them given out to the participants, in the goodie bags

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Probably way too late for that. Turkey Run starts Thursday. And usually the goodie bags just contain stuff that they get for free.

Don

13. theylive

theylive

lookin' out in Jacksonville.

14. barebones32

barebones32

Those who know me know that "I've been there, done that, and got the tshirt" when it comes to stolen hot rods. My heart goes out to all who've felt the pain.

15. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

I didn't see it on Mecum this weekend...:(

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  16. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

This sucks. If you have the car just leave it in a mall parking lot with a note on the seat saying sorry and walk away.

17. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

WOW, very sad. :mad:

here is my experience when my 65 mustang conv was stolen......

1) Police take the report and then do nothing else, unless someone calls them about an abandoned car, etc (they dont actively look for stolen cars.

2) Car was stolen by someone local (crooks dont drive 2 hours away to find a car to steal)

3) Car was stolen by amateurs, they wanted to strip the car for parts.

I'm not an expert, but I believe this is a common pattern, I would be driving around town looking for likely places to strip down a car...

4) why not PLACE an ad on craigslist LOOKING for the kind of parts that are on that car, you never know what you might learn!

18. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

19. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

WTF!!!!!!! With as big as the HAMB is where in the hell could the thief try and unload this car? With all of us bumping this to the top again and again and making this car to HOT to touch I would hope that it is just a matter of time before it is found.... Be a nice Christmas present for his daughter if we could find it guys...... EYES OPEN HERE.....

20. 1959apache

1959apache

I have been randomly looking at this thread and I am baffled this thing hasn't been found yet...

Hopefully it turns up soon

21. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The longer it goes the less the chances are of a good outcome. It has been over a month already, and as much as I hate to say it, this might be the time to just consider it permanently gone and settle with the insurance company. I hope David had sufficient insurance on the car to cover his loss.

If it were me, I would take the settlement money, put it in a secure, separate account for maybe a year, and if the car turns up I would attempt to buy it back, assuming it was in savable condition.

As much as we all love our cars, and no matter how much this situation truly sucks, in the end it will now boil down to making yourself as whole as possible and moving on. We all have lost things we loved in our lifetime, be it a home that burned down, a car that was stolen, a divorce that destroyed our lives, or a loved one or close friend who passed away. The sooner you move on and start the rebuilding process the better it will be for all concerned.

With respect to his little girl missing the car, times like this can be an opportunity to teach our kids that life does have these twists and turns, and if a Parent shows they are strong about it that can be a valuable lesson to the child.
    Don

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  22. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Hi all.There is something that has been in the back of my mind from the beginning.If this was a theft for hire so to so to speak,and the the builder was gone on vacation and the theft was not discovered for 5 days.It is very possible that the car was in a shipping container within 72 hours and out of the country long before it was discovered that it was stolen.
    Leo

23. EBW

EBW

Well said Don.

24. btt......no longer a sticky

25. I still keep hoping! HRP

26. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Just my theories here, but I tend to favor WoodButcher's thought that it was NOT small-timers but people who are always on the watch for material they can either chop OR spirit out of the country fast. If it had been amateurs, I feel somebody would have let something slip by now.

27. 26Troadster

26Troadster

28. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

my theory is that it is someone who KNEW the owner would be away for a few days.....that should be a short list......
    ?

29. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Not disagreeing, though I don't necessarily think it was a so-called inside job, nor the usual a--holes looking for a quick score to buy smack, etc. I think whoever did it SCOPED the target :cool: a while first. Crooks are crafty. They work the angles to ensure their success and stay out of the slammer. The slime who did this are not nice people, but successful crooks don't play fair -- or stupid.

30. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.