Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Calori Coupe to be sold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave B., Oct 6, 2012.

1. I took some pics but they are on my phone and they aren't very good since the car is roped off.

2. sounds like I get the short end of the stick Kev...:D

3. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Hey, I dont control the weather Keith!

4. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Hammered down at 300,000

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Did it sell? Was that the price?^^^

6. From Mecum results website.............

No. 3: Lot S116
    1936 Ford Jack Calori Coupe
    Best in Class Winner at Pebble Beach
    Sold for $300,000 Details

Also...........No. 1: Lot S109
    1932 Ford McMullen Roadster
    The World's Most Iconic Hot Rod
    Sold for $700,000

7. Did Poteet get the roadster?

8. Don't know who the buyers were. Only gave prices.

9. Still can't believe these great cars were up for sale..

10. daddyo

daddyo

Well said and thanks to him for keeping the new talent going..

11. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Coulda' got both for a million dollars, What the Hell was I thinkin'?
    Shoulda' put a bid in...:rolleyes:

12. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Prices are backwards......Calori car ought to be $7K and the other one $3K in my humble opinion.......but you know what they say about opinions.....what do I know?

CB

13. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

$300K? Man....I think thats a great price for such a historic car thats had a top notch restoration.

14. couverkid

couverkid

I would rather have the Calori coupe rather than mcmullen roadster for sure.

15. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Seems like the prices are backwards to me too. I love the Calori Coupe.

16. What fool would pay 700k for a 32 ford. I understand the history, but I can mail order all the parts, a striping brush and in to weeks build that same car for like 30k, and have a much higher quality car. 32s are cookie cutter cars. I guess if I go around and tell everyone it was Hitlers first hot rod or something it might be worth it.

17. I'm thinking the Calori coupe brought less than it would cost to have Brizio built one just like it.

Whoever won it got the car for about what it cost to restore and it's history FREE!!!

Sent from my BATHROOM using the TJJ mobile app

18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Explain your thinking. I simply don`t understand.

19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I understand what you are saying. The McMullen car is iconic but not worth the price paid for it (same goes for the 36) but if I was the one receiving the money, I would be happy. Watch the prices of 32s and 36 Fords go up now.

20. These cars will continue to escalate in price whether you believe it or not,,you can build something from mail order but it ain't the real thing,a couple of guys with the means & the desire to own historical cars have stepped up to the plate and now own them,,they will be well cared for and be around for future generations.

Hot Rods have gained a lot of historical respect since people like Bruce Myers has introduced the hot rods to the Pebble Beach mentality,,remember those cars bring BIG BUCKS! HRP

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you can build an equal car with an original Henry body and frame and a blown sbc for 30K at today's prices I'll sign up for a dozen right now.

True it's not a 700K car in the respect of it just being a car. about 450K of that is in the history of the car and what it represents.
    I'm not a drooling fan of the car like some but like so many other rodders now in their 50's or 60's I followed the builds on it since the first time it showed up in one of Tom's tech articles in some magazine. I/we followed it's exploits as it got changed, tested, raced and street driven.

The car was why so many guys built Deuce highboys in some form or the other. It's just about the sole reason behind the popularity of running the cute little moon tank on the front of a street driven Deuce Highboy but you can damned well bet that tank is hooked up and works/worked and held gas with a bit more pop in it for those quarter mile blasts that the car did so well.

Let me know when you get those 30 K steel bodies roadsters built.

22. I have no idea who bought the 36 but I just wonder if it will get driven at all.

23. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

24. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

If you can build a car as nice as the McMullen roadster in to weeks, you need start dropping off job applications at the BIG Time rod builders ASAP!!!!!!!

I stumbled onto the auction last night on TV and was amazed at how quick both cars were off the block. "Reserve off" "SOLD" ...no bidding battle for either car..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  25. John, The prices of our 3-windows just went up.....that's how it works right?

26. daddyo

daddyo

who are the new owners

27. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Wow..... I would pay you $30,000 in a second to build me a complete "Cookie Cutter Hot Rod" in two weeks, just like that Cookie Cutter McMullen Deuce Roadster....